Teen worried about Bliss

It does seem like quite an oversight to leave out a sports court.

I invite you to explore the Ovation of the Seas coming to Alaska in 2019. While this is NCL thread I think Ovation will be better for kids. Seaplex with basketball, bumper cars and roller skating is two levels and enclosed.

I think the Escape is better because of Ropes course.

Ovation with Solarium, a indoor pool and sea plex Sounds not Bad for Bad weather. Wish the bliss has some of the things for a Bad weather ship. The new aida ships have an indoor Beach club and four elements ( indoor water park with rope cours ).

Oh please do tell which ship and when. My kids were never allowed to work out or go to the spa with me. I have worked out in many NCL gyms and don't recall ever seeing children work out even with their parents. Maybe this is new. Do tell.

On the Gem it was 16 for the gym, dd14 was asked to leave, dd16 stayed (and she’s shorter).

There were some real condescending replies here. There's a difference between concern and complaining. Too bad some people here don't realize that and took the opportunity to jump all over your son, probably just assuming he's an ungrateful kid.

OP, I hope you and yours have a wonderful vacation.the NCL Bliss looks awesome.

We are booked on Bliss for February with a 17yo. He will also be disappointed that there's no sports court and no chance to hoop onboard. Your son is spot on and it will be something less for him. The show line up also is poor for the younger set: 50yo musicals and comedy night club.

The ship will be awesome to try and the carts seem to be faster than he'll expect. Laser tag fee isn't too bad, but I am definitely working on a budget for the new features that I didn't have to pay for previously.

We'll look for more board game and cards family time. They have added mini golf, perhaps shuffle board will arrive by the time we sail.

I will say photos of the teen club make it look best in class, so hopefully that will fill the gap.

• 3 months later...
We are going on July 15th, I have two teen boys, 16 and 15. I will give you their perspective after we sail if you'd like. This is their first cruise though, so they don't know any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the OP from this thread. I just wanted to see how your boys enjoyed the Bliss? How did you and your husband feel?

I haven’t really seen any reviews with people with teenagers so I was curious.

Thanks!!

My son has some of the same concerns. The sports court was a great way to get exercise. He likes to keep fit - no sports court and cannot use the gym as he is only 15.

He will just have to keep running up the stairs at the water slide .

It is a bit of a shame that there is now no place or activity to get some fitness on the ship for teens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI, I have never seen the age rule at the gyms on NCL enforced in the many, many times I've been there. THere are always kids well under the age limit there and as long as they behave, no one does anything.

I've also been taking my daughter with me to the gym since she's been about 12. If an adult is with him no one will say a thing.

We are booked on Bliss for February with a 17yo. He will also be disappointed that there's no sports court and no chance to hoop onboard. Your son is spot on and it will be something less for him. The show line up also is poor for the younger set: 50yo musicals and comedy night club.

The ship will be awesome to try and the carts seem to be faster than he'll expect. Laser tag fee isn't too bad, but I am definitely working on a budget for the new features that I didn't have to pay for previously.

We'll look for more board game and cards family time. They have added mini golf, perhaps shuffle board will arrive by the time we sail.

I will say photos of the teen club make it look best in class, so hopefully that will fill the gap.

I finally told my nephew (16 will be 17 when we sail) about the cruise. I let him know there's no hoops court. He actually shrugged and said no problem. He pulled up the Bliss on his phone and was totally stoked about the race track. This will be his 3rd cruise. I think he'll miss the courts, but knows the cruise offers options via the teen club and excursions so he's happy to be able to cruise again.

For my part I'm no longer stressing over it either. It is a great ship, someone will cook and clean for me and we'll leave the northeast in February for a week in the Caribbean. I'm not convinced there's a downside here.

My first cruise was as a teenager on the Carnival Jubilee. All we had was s small arcade.

The Bliss has GoKarts, laser tag, mini golf, bowling, movies, waterslides, and the cruise director staff who are constantly planning activities for teens.

This is the OP from this thread. I just wanted to see how your boys enjoyed the Bliss? How did you and your husband feel?

I haven’t really seen any reviews with people with teenagers so I was curious.

Thanks!!

Have you considered Royal Caribbean's Harmony or Symphony? For what your 14 year old seems interested in, I think it would be a home run. Between the flow riders and full court basketball, and tons of other activities, I think he would be thrilled compared to the ships you seem to sail.