Wireless Speakers.......the NEW BOOM BOX of Old?

Blasting music with explicit language, singing said lyrics louder and louder while jump around like idiots is not acceptable. I for one don't really care what time this type of behavior occurs. If your music or behavior is disruptive to other guests it is not acceptable period. I am all about having a good time BUT one must consider the impact it may have on others. I did wonder how they would have dealt with me blasting music at 8am while they were sleeping off a hangover? :confused:

this!

Was on the same cruise (lucky - or not so, had an inside so didn't hear anything on my virtual balcony LOL) but my group did use a small, almost post-it note size speaker on the open deck during the day when sunbathing. With so much other noise and chatter, walked a few feet away and you couldn't hear it at all. We also made sure to ask the people around us if it bothered them; they said they couldn't even hear it. No complaints from anyone. It's the other people who make it too loud and not having respect for others that ruin it for everyone else...same old same old.

Well I going on a cruise in a few weeks time. My bluetooth speaker is coming with me and I will be dancing the night away with all my dance buddies. Can't wait.

Hopefully in one of the dance clubs.

"if it's too loud, then you are TOO OLD!"

No, in all seriousness - aren't we ALL there to have a good time, on vacation and enjoy ourselves??? If we are talking LOUD, vulgar, profane music then by all means it shouldn't have to be broadcast for the entire ship to hear. BUT by no means should personal speakers be banned/put on the naughty list.

Should fellow cruisers be considerate??? - OF COURSE, will they ALL be, OF COURSE NOT!

Playing music on a bluetooth speaker on your balcony at a respectable volume should be fine in during the day - playing it at night, especially after dinner should be the biggest No-No. Acting like a fool and dancing like no one is watching on your balcony, sounding like a herd of elephants should also be a No-No.

There is a thing called RESPECT and hate to say it, but there is a decline of it all over and not just while on vacation.

"if it's too loud, then you are TOO OLD!"

No, in all seriousness - aren't we ALL there to have a good time, on vacation and enjoy ourselves??? If we are talking LOUD, vulgar, profane music then by all means it shouldn't have to be broadcast for the entire ship to hear. BUT by no means should personal speakers be banned/put on the naughty list.

Should fellow cruisers be considerate??? - OF COURSE, will they ALL be, OF COURSE NOT!

Playing music on a bluetooth speaker on your balcony at a respectable volume should be fine in during the day - playing it at night, especially after dinner should be the biggest No-No. Acting like a fool and dancing like no one is watching on your balcony, sounding like a herd of elephants should also be a No-No.

There is a thing called RESPECT and hate to say it, but there is a decline of it all over and not just while on vacation.

TOO OLD.......never ;p I enjoy my music and I enjoy it loud but I felt certain that others may not like my music selection so headphones it is.

Cruises especially in the summer are a big fun vacation party, people are enjoying themselves and playing music during the day on their own balcony and you can hear it, thats really upsetting??? Some say to Call Security wow?? THIRD WORLD PROBLEMS

Cruises especially in the summer are a big fun vacation party, people are enjoying themselves and playing music during the day on their own balcony and you can hear it, thats really upsetting??? Some say to Call Security wow?? THIRD WORLD PROBLEMS

I hear what you’re saying and do agree that a cruise is meant to be a fun time, and music can certainly add to the festive atmosphere.

However, let me give an example of what I think the issues might be, and hopefully you can see both sides of the equation.

Cabin A loves rap music and they are having a great time playing their music on their balcony. They are having a great time and enjoying themselves.

Next door in cabin B, you’ve got a group that loves country music, and they’re going to town with some Boot Skootin Boogy.

Not to be outdone, the cruisers in Cabin C are blasting some good old fashioned 70s rock. Skynyrd!

And down in cabin D, a young mom is trying to lay down little Johnny for a nap.

Now multiply this scene by 1000, and hopefully you can see where the problems are. Everyone has a right to enjoy themselves and everyone has a responsibility to keep themselves in check so as not to ruin the experience of others.

Nobody is saying not to have fun or not to play music. Just keep it at a reasonable level and be respectful of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Change that to FIRST!!!!

If we can hear your music on OUR balcony, yes we will be calling security.

Third World Problem, lol

If we can hear your music on OUR balcony, yes we will be calling security.

Third World Problem, lol

It's 2pm on a sea day. I've enjoyed much of the morning and midday poolside. Now I head to my balcony to read and enjoy some time out of the sun. Sitting next to me is my small Bose Bluetooth speaker. I am playing music at a very moderate level.

You are in the stateroom next to me. On the balcony on other side of your, Bud from Topeka has spent the last 30 minutes you've been yapping away to his wife Mary about his bunions at a volume that has forced you to endure every detail.

Yet the music is going to make you call security....

From the RCI Guest code of conduct:

Discourteous or Disruptive Behavior Pool,

deck and theater chairs may not be reserved. Public nudity is not permitted and guests

must be appropriately attired (including while on stateroom balconies if visible to others onboard,

on other vessels or ashore). Topless sunbathing may be permitted on

some ships and on some

itineraries, but only in designated areas. (Contact Guest Services for Dress Code details.) Boom

boxes or loud radios are not permitted.

RCI lives off policy and procedures! If it's in writing they have to follow it.

Well I going on a cruise in a few weeks time. My bluetooth speaker is coming with me and I will be dancing the night away with all my dance buddies. Can't wait.

Maybe you can pass some earphones around to your dance buddies like the ones at the silent disco so you don’t piss off your neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the RCI Guest code of conduct:

Discourteous or Disruptive Behavior Pool,

deck and theater chairs may not be reserved. Public nudity is not permitted and guests

must be appropriately attired (including while on stateroom balconies if visible to others onboard,

on other vessels or ashore). Topless sunbathing may be permitted on

some ships and on some

itineraries, but only in designated areas. (Contact Guest Services for Dress Code details.) Boom

boxes or loud radios are not permitted.

RCI lives off policy and procedures! If it's in writing they have to follow it.

They also say saving deck and theater chairs are not permitted, yet people do that. They can have the policies, but don't always enforce.

Wireless earphones. Invest in some. Then play it as loud as you want.

Everyone stays happy.

The other people in the party won't be happy because they can't hear the music. This doesn't work well for a small group.

However, let me give an example of what I think the issues might be, and hopefully you can see both sides of the equation.

Cabin A loves rap music and they are having a great time playing their music on their balcony. They are having a great time and enjoying themselves.

Next door in cabin B, you’ve got a group that loves country music, and they’re going to town with some Boot Skootin Boogy.

Not to be outdone, the cruisers in Cabin C are blasting some good old fashioned 70s rock. Skynyrd!

And down in cabin D, a young mom is trying to lay down little Johnny for a nap.

I really, really hope my cabin is next to Cabin C. None of the others sound even remotely appealing (or fun at all). :evilsmile: