Which Florida port is favorite

I have only sailed out of Port Everglades, but it's short distance to the airport, plenty of cart rentals with free shuttle, and impressive eight-cruise docking capacity, makes it a nice experience.

Port Canaveral. Uncrowded, reasonable hotel costs, nice places to eat, drinks at John's, very little traffic congestion, best Royal cruise terminal.

I agree, plus its only 40 minutes from our FL house. Do you need reservations at Johns or can you just show up?;)

mac_tlc

I agree, plus its only 40 minutes from our FL house. Do you need reservations at Johns or can you just show up?;)

mac_tlc

I think John and Laura would like a little advance notice.:)

Edited by Host Clarea

I like Port Canaveral selfishly because it's not far from my home but if YOU are talking just things to do and a BEAUTIFUL sail - away, you have to choose Port Everglades. It's great as the ship is leaving port and you can wave at all the people lucky enough to have those intracoastal homes. I just love the sail away from Ft. Lauderdale/everglades.

Port Canaveral by far. Royal and Carnival both keep one of their newest ships there, and for all the reasons Clarea listed and also the fact that its only a 8 hour drive instead of 11.5 - 12 to FLL and Miami. We dont fly to our cruises. Driving is much less expensive and a lot more fun.

We like Canaveral because it's barely an hour drive for us, followed by Tampa. Miami is our least favorite. When we drove down last March the traffic was horrendous. When we go back next year we're going to try to get in shortly after lunch and hopefully it won't be so bad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app