New tips for this experienced cruiser.

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

I always try to get in stateroom if you can do so, this aint no joke.

I always try to get in the best line to check in, sometimes it works some not, this aint no joke.

you want advice ill give you advice, unless the area is unsafe do excursions on your own, will save you a fortune. (cruise critic said my reply was to short?, so i wrote this

Bring crappy clothes that you can throw away.

But this might just be a guy thing. I save various t-shirts, socks, swimming trunks, etc that I would otherwise trash...and wear them one more time on a cruise. End of day...trash they go. Opens up space in the suitcase, reduces laundry at home, and less stuff in your cabin. We have an upcoming cruise in August. I already have 3 shirts, one swimming trunks, a pair of old tennis shoes (great for excursions) and a stretched out pair of crocs that won't be coming home with me. I won't wear them in the MDR, but any other time is in play.

Word

I am not big into buying anything, but your idea is a great idea to bring back souvenirs. We have gone on 30 day cruises with just carry-ons, just do laundry either in the sink or machines if they have them, we are only 40 days away from free laundry on holland

I read somewhere that the carpet is actually different on port and starboard sides. Does anyone know if this is true? They said it was easier to know which side of the ship your cabin was on. :confused:

On some carnival ships, the color of the numbers for your stateroom cabin sign are different depending on the side of the ship. If my memory serves me correctly, the numbers are red on the port side and blue on the starboard side.

I’ve read the comments from others that state they do this all the time. Now, I can’t speak for Carnival, as I have not sailed them since 2007, but while sailing NCL it states clearly that taking food off the ship is strictly prohibited.

I am taking food off the ship and if I ever get caught I will take food off the ship again, I aint buying nothing on shore I already paid for an all inclusive.

Just to warn you about Cozumel I put sandwiches in a ziplock and when I got off they have a dog sniffing to see who has food and I was caught and very embarrassed they made me leave the sandwiches in a bin they have there. So I have not done it again. You can take cereal boxes with you and no problem. That only happen in Cozumel.

See you did not go to jail, you did not get fined. No you know for Cozumel, but other places keep bringing your food and saving you money

I forgot all about the banana split! Not on the adult dessert menu but you can always order one.

If Crème Brulee isn't on the menu can you order it anyway? My first cruise is next week and I am trying to learn all I can. I know it is offered, but maybe not every night. I am gluten free so this is an option for me.

On some carnival ships, the color of the numbers for your stateroom cabin sign are different depending on the side of the ship. If my memory serves me correctly, the numbers are red on the port side and blue on the starboard side.

I'm guessing it might be the other way, since blue also has 4 letters (port, left, even).

If Crème Brulee isn't on the menu can you order it anyway? My first cruise is next week and I am trying to learn all I can. I know it is offered, but maybe not every night. I am gluten free so this is an option for me.

They might not be able to provide it the first night since if it is not on the menu, but often if you make a request a day in advance (esp. special need diets) they can accommodate. I'm pretty sure I've seen a GF version of warm melting chocolate cake too.

When you return from a shore excursion climb one flight of stairs. Go to the elevator and press the DOWN button. When the elevator arrives (usually empty) step aboard and ride down one floor to Deck O and see your new friends.

Then press the Lido deck floor and go get a Guys Burger and cold drink. Grab a table in the shade and people watch!

A lanyard with 800 ship vifp pins on it.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

I assume you are from Alabaster. We're in Birmingham. I just saw your signature as I was browsing. You are the first I've seen that lists Emerald Seas. That was our first cruise in 1977 for our honeymoon. I didn't think anyone else had ever heard of it. 3 day out of Miami to the Bahamas. Tropical depression and a very small ship with no stabilizers. Our next cruise was twenty years later.

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

While this was written as part of a joke, I found this to actually be true on my first cruise recently. I had FTTF so my room was ready anyway, but even if I wasn't FTTF there was still nothing stopping me from going to the room.

And I agree with showing up at the last possible second for the muster drill. Not doing this last time was a big mistake.

While this was written as part of a joke, I found this to actually be true on my first cruise recently. I had FTTF so my room was ready anyway, but even if I wasn't FTTF there was still nothing stopping me from going to the room.

When I was on the Splendor or Inspiration (can't remember which one) this past year, the s&s cards were in the mail boxes. I noticed the priority cabin cards were there, but not the non-priority cabins. The non-priority cards were in the boxes just before 1:30 and the cabin doors were closed. There was no way to get into your cabin unless the cabin steward was still cleaning the cabin.

I assume you are from Alabaster. We're in Birmingham. I just saw your signature as I was browsing. You are the first I've seen that lists Emerald Seas. That was our first cruise in 1977 for our honeymoon. I didn't think anyone else had ever heard of it. 3 day out of Miami to the Bahamas. Tropical depression and a very small ship with no stabilizers. Our next cruise was twenty years later.
Sailed on Emerald Seas on our honeymoon also. Going on number 75? this month. We caught the cruise bug big time!

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My eyebrow was getting higher and higher with each line until I got to #5 LOL

I've never been to the steakhouse for dinner, but I was told there is a bar in there that anyone can use. I imagine it's a nice quiet spot for a drink. Does anyone know if their wine list is the same as the rest of ship or do they have some specialty wines. I would love to maximize my cheers value!

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I head for the laundry room the first day on the ship with my packed shirts and khakis. I place them in the dryer with a wet washcloth and a dryer sheet. They come out wrinkle free in about 15 minutes.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I head for the laundry room the first day on the ship with my packed shirts and khakis. I place them in the dryer with a wet washcloth and a dryer sheet. They come out wrinkle free in about 15 minutes.

This is a great tip. Thanks for sharing.

Omg! Not trying to be sarcastic, but I can think of far better things to do as soon as I board a ship on day one! As a matter of fact, I don’t think laundry EVER crosses my mind on a cruise! Lol!

We just bring a couple of travel size bottles of Downy wrinkle release or whatever it is called. You spray down your clothes if there are wrinkels, smooth out the wrinkles with your fingers and they are wrinkle free by the time they dry. I was skeptical but works great.

Omg! Not trying to be sarcastic, but I can think of far better things to do as soon as I board a ship on day one! As a matter of fact, I don’t think laundry EVER crosses my mind on a cruise! Lol!

I understand, but I like to take the few minutes or so that it takes. I said 15, but I usually just leave them in about 5 or 6, hang them up and take off. I've got 7 days of fun after that and I never think about laundry again. Tried the Downy stuff, but it actually took longer.