New tips for this experienced cruiser.

This isn’t a new tip, but bring some chair clips for attaching your towel to your chair. They have silly fancy ones, or you can get them at the Dollar Tree. They keep your towel from falling down or blowing away.

I always considered that a sure sign of chair hogging . Could be because all the ones I have seen like that there wasn't a body occupying the lounger ;p

The "tray" for using on Lido.... what does that mean? do you mean that you save a room service tray and then bring it with you to the buffet to get your food?? to each his own I guess but that seems like a lot of hassle to me. What is the benefit? Just curious.

I pack a pop up hamper from the dollar store. My teen likes to have all his dirty clothes "captured" in a different closet from his clean ones.

The "tray" for using on Lido.... what does that mean? do you mean that you save a room service tray and then bring it with you to the buffet to get your food?? to each his own I guess but that seems like a lot of hassle to me. What is the benefit? Just curious.

I pack a pop up hamper from the dollar store. My teen likes to have all his dirty clothes "captured" in a different closet from his clean ones.

The trays are big so it means you can carry multiple plates like a salad, soup, main food and drink all at one time. Its kind of hard to carry all that with just two hands.

CHIEF93 -- remember Rocky, Bullwinkle, Natasha, and Boris?? I know, I'm showing my age. I'd tune in on every cruise!

Of course! And Underdog, Sweet Polly Purebread, Superchicken, Dudley Doright, The Ant and the Aardvark, Yogi Bear, Boo Boo, and Snagglepuss........Exit stage left

I don’t think OP was advocating being late to the point of holding up the show, just to be among the later. We’ve learned that as well. It also means you are among the first to leave. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely, we picked up on that 15 cruises ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

OMG, this is hilarious :'):');p!
Before a trip I do save up a few weeks of my People magazines, cut off name/address. When done reading them on the plane or a sea day I bring them to the library. I have always seen someone else enjoying them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Or ordering room service the first day and keeping the tray to use on lido.

This is genius. 18 cruises and never thought of this.

I’ll be using this idea yo get our coffees and pastries back to the cabin for breakfast!

I know it’s hard to believe, but I have never had a Guys burger😳. Maybe in October. Are there any “tortilla chips” to be found or will the Blue Iguana fry up a few tortillas to go?

They have a good veggie burger too, Wish Blue would stay open later. They have a tortilla bowl that is really good, just break it up to smaller pieces.

This isn’t a new tip, but bring some chair clips for attaching your towel to your chair. They have silly fancy ones, or you can get them at the Dollar Tree. They keep your towel from falling down or blowing away.

I am no chog. I go up around 8:00, put my things on my one chair and go get some buffet breakfast that I will now use my tray for and return to my chair where I will sit until lunch.

Bring crappy clothes that you can throw away.

But this might just be a guy thing. I save various t-shirts, socks, swimming trunks, etc that I would otherwise trash...and wear them one more time on a cruise. End of day...trash they go. Opens up space in the suitcase, reduces laundry at home, and less stuff in your cabin. We have an upcoming cruise in August. I already have 3 shirts, one swimming trunks, a pair of old tennis shoes (great for excursions) and a stretched out pair of crocs that won't be coming home with me. I won't wear them in the MDR, but any other time is in play.

I won't tell my husband about this;p I tried to do that with a pair of high heal shoes. I used them for formal nights and then left them in the trash basket. The room steward took them out....I put them back in and he took the out again.. I waited until the morning we left and left them on the floor. They were perfectly good shoes, the strap wouldn't stay around the back of my foot.

I always considered that a sure sign of chair hogging . Could be because all the ones I have seen like that there wasn't a body occupying the lounger ;p

I use them on excursions rather than the pool deck. At Nachi, you are assigned a chair but the clips make it to easier to keep track of your towel if you go on n the ocean or to the restroom etc.

Not having the dexterity and balance of my youth...

On lido i usually put the napkin-rolled silverware into my pocket to keep my hands free.

I also use a lidded tervis tumbler (although I use a Carnival cup to get ice and fill my cup) to help prevent spilling.

That's part of the reason they've started putting sail & sign cards in the mailboxes versus giving them at the terminal, it keeps people from going through the doors that you know, they're not supposed to.

Wouldn't leaving it in the mailbox leave it open to theft? Someone could take the card and charge to it before you even know your room is ready. Is this done on the Conquest? Also, I would hve no problem going thru the doors to just set our carry on in front of our cabin just like our checked luggage would be. Don't need o go in.

Wouldn't leaving it in the mailbox leave it open to theft? Someone could take the card and charge to it before you even know your room is ready. Is this done on the Conquest? Also, I would hve no problem going thru the doors to just set our carry on in front of our cabin just like our checked luggage would be. Don't need o go in.

No, it's a fantastic system Carnival has in place and it's great!

Your picture is attached to your S&S card so when you swipe it anywhere on the ship your picture comes up with it. Also the doors are shut with a big sign that says "DO NOT ENTER" for a reason.

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]I I know that this is a joke but there have been many times when the Platinum line is empty and they have waved us over!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know that this was a joke but there have been many times when the Platinum line has been empty and they have waived us over!

Bring crappy clothes that you can throw away.

But this might just be a guy thing. I save various t-shirts, socks, swimming trunks, etc that I would otherwise trash...and wear them one more time on a cruise. End of day...trash they go. Opens up space in the suitcase, reduces laundry at home, and less stuff in your cabin. We have an upcoming cruise in August. I already have 3 shirts, one swimming trunks, a pair of old tennis shoes (great for excursions) and a stretched out pair of crocs that won't be coming home with me. I won't wear them in the MDR, but any other time is in play.

I have done this for years with my husband's underwear! LOL