New tips for this experienced cruiser.

Can anyone explain the change in the television channels. I like to read before bed and DH likes to watch TV. We also like to have the TV on while we are showering and changing for dinner Just wondering what to expect.

I bring a small battery powered candle for the bathroom, it provides a very sift light. You don't get the bright glare when you enter and then the blindness when you go back to bed.;)

I bring (when I remember) one of those round push on lights and keep it next to the bed so I can pop it on and carry to the bathroom so I can see where I am going.

If it is an outside muster drill (Conquest Class ships) then we get there early so we have the wall to lean up against.

We do this too. Also we’re not as brisk as we once were ascending and descending stairs so we hangout after muster until the crowd dissipates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone explain the change in the television channels. I like to read before bed and DH likes to watch TV. We also like to have the TV on while we are showering and changing for dinner Just wondering what to expect.

I don't remember exactly what was on but one channel has non-stop Tom and Jerry. I love the ultraviolence that is Tom and Jerry and can watch it forever.

😂😂😂 so you’re THAT guy, lol! I’ll stick with my sundresses. Do you leave the suitcase behind too?

No...I like a good suitcase!

The clothes I bring are clean and are not ripped or torn, but have just seen better days. I just saw an old hat I used staining our fence this past spring. It is white with all kinds of brown splatter stains...looks almost artistic in a way. I have washed it and will use it on every excursion next month. Will probably leave it in a trash can in Cozumel before we board the ship.

If muster is outside that’s one thing, but if your muster is in one of the restaurants then being last will put you in the back. If you are first you can walk in and get a seat closest to the front.

Why be last out. You have done musters many times before??

Hold onto a couple of wine glasses. You can carefully rinse them out. Put them in the closet with the tray from RS. Then, you don't have to pour your carried-on wine into water glasses. It looks a bit classier. :)

I bring (when I remember) one of those round push on lights and keep it next to the bed so I can pop it on and carry to the bathroom so I can see where I am going.
vv

I always bring a flash light.😆

I bring a small battery powered candle for the bathroom, it provides a very sift light. You don't get the bright glare when you enter and then the blindness when you go back to bed.;)

I keep my iPhone by my bed it has the time and a light

I bring an over the door shoe rack/ perfect for holding sunscreen, hair brushes etc.

I also bought magnetic hooks on amazon for our last RCCL Cruise. They were so strong and held up even swim bags. I assume the walls on carnival are also mostly magnetic and will work there too?

When traveling with my family, we designed a simple sign with our names and emoji images. Had it laminated at FEdEx and put on our door with magnets.

If you are celebrating something, you can bring decorations with you into the cabin, but just can’t tape anything to the wall. Helps spruce up the cabin.

When we traveled with our young we kids we brought the gel window decorations st the target dollar spot and they decorated the patio window with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know it’s hard to believe, but I have never had a Guys burger😳. Maybe in October. Are there any “tortilla chips” to be found or will the Blue Iguana fry up a few tortillas to go?

They don't have tortilla chips unfortunately, but they do have the new taco salad tortilla bowls. Last cruise I asked for an empty one, broke it up and used it as chips. Worked well!

With the change to the TV channels, does anyone download movies from Netflix? Any other ideas for downtime entertainment?

I also forget you can get a deck of cards from Guest Services.

Yes, I usually have a movie or two (or a tv series) on my tablet or laptop.

I also pack an extra pair of ear buds (I have my regular folding headphones), just in case my real ones break.

I also look for some games that don't require internet connections to play - like candy crush, pet rescue, digger something....

I travel with at least 2 devices (a combo of phone, tablet, laptop); that way I can swap them out while I'm charging batteries.

Speaking of Netflix, when I checked internet packages they all say Netflix is blocked. Does this mean the website or also the app? If we have movies downloaded on the app can we watch them?

Speaking of Netflix, when I checked internet packages they all say Netflix is blocked. Does this mean the website or also the app? If we have movies downloaded on the app can we watch them?

What's blocked is the streaming; if you have Netflix and have downloaded movies, you can watch them without any internet package.

The web site is blocked, so you won't be able to stream movies from Netflix. If you already have movies downloaded to your mobile device, you'd still be able to watch them (on your iPad, iPhone, or whatever). You just wouldn't be able to watch them on your cabin's TV.

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

OMG, this is hilarious :'):');p!

I consider myself an experienced cruiser with 15 under my belt. I’ve recently read some tips I’ve never thought about. Like showing up last for the muster drill so you’re not the sardine in the middle of the can. Or ordering room service the first day and keeping the tray to use on lido. As a solo cruiser, this is a game changer so I don’t have to leave my food to fend for itself while I go get my teenie tiny cup of joe. Anyone else out there that’s an old dog who’s learned a new trick?

I like the tray idea, but as for muster, is Carnival still doing outside muster drills? I thought cruise lines did away with that! But, then again, I haven’t cruised Carnival since 2007, Cruising RCCL and NCL, where we did muster in different locations, like the theater. I have 2 Carnival cruises booked, and I sure hope I’m inside, as I have issues with syncope when standing a long time, especially in the sun.

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

I was going to say, “oh, boy! This guy’s a real jerk!” You had me going!!

I know you posted this as a joke , but #1 and #2 is very true. It's done all the time .

Yes. I was actually ridiculed and blasted by a poster that said she could go to her cabin anytime she wanted, as soon as she boarded. She was not Platinum/Diamond/FTTF, and she was serious. When I stated the rules, she got very defensive and verbally attacked me.