New tips for this experienced cruiser.

What's that some kind of sub machine gun ?

you seriously never heard of a Leatherman?

"You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status."

Yes they do, diligently, always

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, thanks Soooo much for those tips! I'll be sure to use them ALL in 68d...

Lololol

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

Maybe I’m daft, but why would you need to keep a room tray for Lido? Don’t they have plenty of trays when you go get your food?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven’t seen trays at the buffet on any of our Carnival cruises in years. I can understand people traveling solo would like to use one, or larger families too so keeping one from room service is a great idea.

Maybe I’m daft, but why would you need to keep a room tray for Lido? Don’t they have plenty of trays when you go get your food?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There aren't trays.

We've wondered why for years.

Lol this old dog learned that tip just 2 cruises ago, last Halloween.

The one a couple below it about putting your procured tray in the closet so room steward does not take it away while cleaning, is gold. Excellent idea!

There aren't trays.

We've wondered why for years.

Lol this old dog learned that tip just 2 cruises ago, last Halloween.

The one a couple below it about putting your procured tray in the closet so room steward does not take it away while cleaning, is gold. Excellent idea!

I didn’t think about hiding it but you’re right. Room steward would think he needed to take it away.

I know you posted this as a joke , but #1 and #2 is very true. It's done all the time .

That's part of the reason they've started putting sail & sign cards in the mailboxes versus giving them at the terminal, it keeps people from going through the doors that you know, they're not supposed to.

DH puts an "almost empty" bag (nothing of value inside) on a table at the buffet so we can get our food at the same time.

It's a good idea if you're solo too....."reserve" your table.

So far we never came back to find "guests" at the table, and nobody, workers or passengers, ever moved it.

That's part of the reason they've started putting sail & sign cards in the mailboxes versus giving them at the terminal, it keeps people from going through the doors that you know, they're not supposed to.

Very true , I can hardly wait for it to go fleetwide.

you seriously never heard of a Leatherman?

"You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status."

Yes they do, diligently, always

Seriously , not a knife or gun fan.

With whom? I have brought my leatherman on every cruise and vacation. There is nothing lucky about it.

What's that some kind of sub machine gun ?

Bo, a Leatherman is a multi-tool. Go here, and you'll see that it comes in various configurations. It can be handy to have if you need to make a quick repair on something. https://www.leatherman.com/multi-tools

I consider myself an experienced cruiser with 15 under my belt. I’ve recently read some tips I’ve never thought about. Like showing up last for the muster drill so you’re not the sardine in the middle of the can. Or ordering room service the first day and keeping the tray to use on lido. As a solo cruiser, this is a game changer so I don’t have to leave my food to fend for itself while I go get my teenie tiny cup of joe. Anyone else out there that’s an old dog who’s learned a new trick?

Bring crappy clothes that you can throw away.

But this might just be a guy thing. I save various t-shirts, socks, swimming trunks, etc that I would otherwise trash...and wear them one more time on a cruise. End of day...trash they go. Opens up space in the suitcase, reduces laundry at home, and less stuff in your cabin. We have an upcoming cruise in August. I already have 3 shirts, one swimming trunks, a pair of old tennis shoes (great for excursions) and a stretched out pair of crocs that won't be coming home with me. I won't wear them in the MDR, but any other time is in play.

I don’t think OP was advocating being late to the point of holding up the show, just to be among the later. We’ve learned that as well. It also means you are among the first to leave. [emoji56]

Yep. Last in, FIRST OUT.

I bring my Swiss Army knife with a 3 inch blade, no problem.

It really varies by ship and captain. On a Royal Caribbean ship, I once had my keychain sized swiss army knife with a 1-inch blade confiscated. I said "You have got to be kidding" and the response was it was a directive from the captain to take all knives

Why?? You already stated your opinions about muster in another post (below):rolleyes:

;p

I have to stop sipping coffee and scrolling/reading. Just laughed, and coffee came out through my nose. :hot-beverage::')

Bring crappy clothes that you can throw away.

But this might just be a guy thing. I save various t-shirts, socks, swimming trunks, etc that I would otherwise trash...and wear them one more time on a cruise. End of day...trash they go. Opens up space in the suitcase, reduces laundry at home, and less stuff in your cabin. We have an upcoming cruise in August. I already have 3 shirts, one swimming trunks, a pair of old tennis shoes (great for excursions) and a stretched out pair of crocs that won't be coming home with me. I won't wear them in the MDR, but any other time is in play.

😂😂😂 so you’re THAT guy, lol! I’ll stick with my sundresses. Do you leave the suitcase behind too?

With the change to the TV channels, does anyone download movies from Netflix? Any other ideas for downtime entertainment?

I also forget you can get a deck of cards from Guest Services.

Since we don't watch much television on our cruise, the change to a different service is not a big deal to us. We typically look for live entertainment on the ship. It may be whoever is performing in the Atrium, or the ship's contracted band playing in one of the lounges. And sometimes, if we want some quiet "alone time", we go sit on our balcony and watch for dolphins, flying fish, or other ships in the distance.

1. On embarkation, ignore the signs that say the staterooms are closed. Just push your way in and drop off your bags in the cabin. No one will stop you.

2. You can use the platinum line at guest services, the don’t check status.

3. Make sure to bring cute little trinkets for your cabin attendants, they will appreciate the personal touch more than an extra cash tip.

4. Bring magazines from home that you have already read. These are great for saving chairs around the pool, so you can sleep in.

5. Just kidding [emoji14]

lol - you got my blood pressure rising!