Which ship style?

A&Jfamily

Which is your first choice when selecting a cruise?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your first choice when selecting a cruise?

• Small sized ship with limited bells and whistles such as Fantasy class
    • Medium sized ship with a few more options such as Spirit class
    • Larger ship with lots of bells and whistles such as Dream Class
    • I want the biggest and newest offered!

When choosing a cruise, we look at the itineraries first, the sailing dates second, the price third, and then the ship. The Dream class has become our favorite, followed very closely by the Conquest class. We cruised on the Vista last year, but didn't really care for it, and have no desire to cruise on the Horizon. So, for the most part, we'll probably continue to choose either the Dream class or the Conquest class

There is no bad cruise. I loved my last vacation that was on the Fascination. I would have missed a fantastic itinerary if I didn't go on it.

I don't need all of the bells and whistles, but it was a bit disappointing to miss a few things on the Fascination. Refrigerators, different lido deck, dining options including the steakhouse, and most importantly, dive-in movies, to name a few. Not having dive-in movies really hurt.

Why wasn't the Conquest class one of the choices? There is a big difference between the Spirit Class and the Conquest class which we prefer. For that reason, I didn't vote.

Because I was looking at the style of the ship moving from smallest which has no bells and whistles to the newest and greatest. Conquest would be a large ship with over 3K passengers. I didn't want to list every possibility including Sunshine, Triumph etc as IMHO all those are large ships on the extremes. There is another thread about favorite ship and why...

I will find a way to enjoy any ship I'm on. I'm on a cruise, after all! Typically, the bigger the ship, the more options for activities, food, etc there are, so if it came down to ships in multiple classes with the same itinerary, I'd likely go with the biggest one. I don't mind the larger amount of passengers.

I honestly enjoy a very basic cruise, some bells and whistles can be a nice addition, but are not required for me to enjoy myself, so Fantasy and Spirit class have been perfect for me. Although, now as Fantasy class ships are being relegated to mostly short 3 to 5 cruises, and there are only 2 Spirit class ships on the Eastern side of the country, we most likely will have to start branching out to bigger ships for 7+ day cruises. We are doing the Sunshine next year, so we'll see how that goes before maybe trying Conquest or Dream classes. Still kinda on the fence about Dream class, but definitely not interested in anything bigger than that.

I didn't vote because the class of ship never even factors into my planning. If it does, it's the last factor.

For us, it's itinerary, dates, price. I don't need all the biggest/newest bells and whistles. I don't want to be bored on sea days, but we're there mostly for port days. In fact, to me, the bigger the ship, the less desirable. I hate the idea of a mega ship with 4000+ passengers. I don't like crowds.

My choice first is dates, then itinerary, then ship. If I then have a choice of ship, I prefer to choose a medium class ship such as the Conquest Class of ship. They offer most of the bells and whistles with a great layout and still not too crowded and they have the steak house.

Dream Class for me. I like it over conquest class because of the comedy club, ocean plaza, lanai, lower promenade, and the Italian restaurant. I don’t like what they’ve done with the lounges on vista and horizon so I’m stopping at Dream Class.