Here’s a different question about the drink package

And you have never been wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not saying that, and apologize if it came off bad, we just keep getting the same message you posted sent over and over, being repeated, and it just confuses people trying to research.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Excuse my question if it seems stupid, but this is only our second cruise so we are very new at this.. Last time we both bought the refreshment package, for my Diet Coke and his capuccinos.... If we only buy 1 refreshment package instead of 2, would we be able to go get a Diet Coke for me and then immediately go get a capuccino for him? And what about bottled water - is there a limit on how many you can get at one time or per day? Or should I just get 2 refreshment packages? Since next year's cruise is 10 days, I am looking to save money if we could. Also, I see some people post about getting the refreshment packages and VOOM on sale... How do you know when they are on sale? Is an email sent out or do you just have to keep checking the website? Thanks for your help!

Excuse my question if it seems stupid, but this is only our second cruise so we are very new at this.. Last time we both bought the refreshment package, for my Diet Coke and his capuccinos.... If we only buy 1 refreshment package instead of 2, would we be able to go get a Diet Coke for me and then immediately go get a capuccino for him? And what about bottled water - is there a limit on how many you can get at one time or per day? Or should I just get 2 refreshment packages? Since next year's cruise is 10 days, I am looking to save money if we could. Also, I see some people post about getting the refreshment packages and VOOM on sale... How do you know when they are on sale? Is an email sent out or do you just have to keep checking the website? Thanks for your help!
If all you want is come, the get the soda package for yourself and then get refreshment for him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

We both want the bottled water, and I don’t think that’s included on the soda package. I drink as much if not more bottled water as I do Diet Coke!

You're correct, no bottled water in the soda package. You need either the Refreshment or Deluxe package for bottled water.

We both want the bottled water, and I don’t think that’s included on the soda package. I drink as much if not more bottled water as I do Diet Coke!

Get this and take it with you.

https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Ounce-Sport-Bottle-Filters/dp/B004GN6QV4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532568095&sr=8-3&keywords=brita+sports+water+bottle&dpID=41aV0z8fsqL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

61%2BZfwqgDoL._SL1300_.jpg

So if what I'm reading is correct, one person in the cabin who likes to drink alcohol can get the alcohol package and the other person can opt out. The second person can claim to not want any alcohol (but really be lying, in this hypothetical scenario) and the first person can get as many drinks as he wants and share them with the second person - for free. That's why I thought anyone over 21 in the same cabin had to buy the same package. What am I missing?

So if what I'm reading is correct, one person in the cabin who likes to drink alcohol can get the alcohol package and the other person can opt out. The second person can claim to not want any alcohol (but really be lying, in this hypothetical scenario) and the first person can get as many drinks as he wants and share them with the second person - for free. That's why I thought anyone over 21 in the same cabin had to buy the same package. What am I missing?

Everything if this is what you got/understand after reading this thread.

No, you have to lie to Royal Caribbean to do so, as they will want a reason for the second person not getting it.

And, they will require the second person to get a Refreshment package.

However, according to the RCI website "One significant change to the Deluxe Beverage package in 2018 is all Royal Caribbean passengers 21 years of age and older (18 years in Australia and the U.K) are now required to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package if at least one other person in their cabin has one. If the other adult(s) in the same stateroom do not wish to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package, you can call Royal Caribbean and ask for an exemption. Usually, Royal Caribbean will allow the other adult(s) to purchase a less-expensive drink package, such as the Refreshment Package."

I am cruising with my two over 21yrs DDs in December who don't drink, so I am hoping this holds true....

Good to know - thanks

When hubby and I cruise, we both get the package, it is worth it for us

I am going with my girlfriend in September, and other than a couple of glasses of wine, does not drink. So I called and got the beverage package for me and the Refreshment for her. That way she can still get her water and coffee. She is bringing her wine with. So I can have my beer and drinks and she can have her water/coffee and a wine that she brought with in the evening. Worked great.

That is 1,000,000% NOT a quote from the Royal Caribbean website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Pretty darn close. This IS directly from the RCL website.

One significant change to the Deluxe Beverage package in 2018 is all Royal Caribbean passengers 21 years of age and older (18 years in Australia and the U.K) are now required to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package if at least one other person in their cabin has one. If the other adult(s) in the same stateroom do not wish to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package, you can call Royal Caribbean and ask for an exemption. Usually, Royal Caribbean will allow the other adult(s) to purchase a less-expensive drink package, such as the Refreshment Package.

They know people cheat. That is why if you opt out you are still required to get the refreshment package. They want to recoup a little profit. Same reasoning goes for the recent daily gratuity increase, as more and more have the tips removed those that pay have to pick up the loss to the tip pool.

The current rule is that all guests age 21 and over in the same stateroom must buy the Deluxe package if one buys it.
We get an exception on all our cruises. I don't drink alcohol. Never have. I do get the refreshment package. Wife gets deluxe.

Pretty darn close. This IS directly from the RCL website.

One significant change to the Deluxe Beverage package in 2018 is all Royal Caribbean passengers 21 years of age and older (18 years in Australia and the U.K) are now required to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package if at least one other person in their cabin has one. If the other adult(s) in the same stateroom do not wish to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package, you can call Royal Caribbean and ask for an exemption. Usually, Royal Caribbean will allow the other adult(s) to purchase a less-expensive drink package, such as the Refreshment Package.

Is that from Royals site or the blog site that is not affiliated with Royal?

Somehow I doubt that Royal would put the part highlighted above into any information on their website.

Is that from Royals site or the blog site that is not affiliated with Royal?

Somehow I doubt that Royal would put the part highlighted above into any information on their website.

Not sure where I was as I clear history each night. You are probably right as to it being from a blog site.

This is from their FAQ page .Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase. Any guest wishing to purchase an alcoholic beverage package must do so for all guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom, for sailings on or after December 31st, 2017.

Royal Caribbean requires each passenger in the same cabin to buy the drink package, even if only one wants it. You may be able to get an exception for a good reason by calling Royal Caribbean.

We are cruising Oasis August 19 and only Hubby has a drink package. Refreshment package. Can anyone answer about how many bottles of water per time or day?

Edited by Tracey