Bliss Price increase.

eddeb

OMG I’m having 2nd thoughts about our June 2019 Alaska cruise next year. Not that I even plan to do laser tag..... I thought there would be more things for the kids to do on this ship. Now reading about how go karts and laser tag slots are sold out within an hour or 2 after boarding. I’m thinking we should’ve stayed with Princess at least for Alaska. Especially if the Observation lounge area is taken over by chair hogs all day. Oh well. We’ll go and have a good time I’m sure.

Hello fellow CCer's.

Laser tag just went up from $5 to $9.95 on NCL site.

By the time we cruise in December it may be $20pp for laser/karts.

Can't wait. :cool:

Hilarious. Did the go karts go up too? I think you're right. There will be a max out price that people simply won't pay but it will be more than $9.95. Also, I think it's only a matter of time before they come up with some kind of all inclusive, call it an activities pass, for laser tag, go karts, and eventually the water slides.

OMG I’m having 2nd thoughts about our June 2019 Alaska cruise next year. Not that I even plan to do laser tag..... I thought there would be more things for the kids to do on this ship. Now reading about how go karts and laser tag slots are sold out within an hour or 2 after boarding. I’m thinking we should’ve stayed with Princess at least for Alaska. Especially if the Observation lounge area is taken over by chair hogs all day. Oh well. We’ll go and have a good time I’m sure.

I'm passing on the Bliss and Encore because 1) it's overpriced and 2) they took away a lot of the free activities and replaced them with things like these go karts that I have no interest in.

Hello fellow CCer's.

Laser tag just went up from $5 to $9.95 on NCL site.

By the time we cruise in December it may be $20pp for laser/karts.

Can't wait. :cool:

The price went up a while ago. I believe it changed just after the transatlantic cruise might have changed on the Panama cruise but it was well before the start of the Alaska cruises.

In the world of experienced cruisers it's called nickel and diming. NCL continues to do a great job of it.

By experienced cruisers you mean to say cheap folks right? I much prefer to pay for what I actually used than pay a higher price up front to subsidize other passengers.

Paying for what you actually use is not nickel and diming. It is called paying for what you use and not counting on others to subsidize your cruise expense.

Oh no! When will they start charging to use the the elevator?? The loungers? The pool chairs? The beach towels? How much will an answer at guest services cost? This "not nickle and diming" is not going well . . .

Always love these threads

If people will pay the price then NCL as with any company will continue to charge. They are expensive but it is market forces.

They are sold out week in week out and this is the first negative comments on Bliss I have seen.

The chair hog issue though is easy to deal with charge for the chairs :)

Always love these threads

If people will pay the price then NCL as with any company will continue to charge. They are expensive but it is market forces.

They are sold out week in week out and this is the first negative comments on Bliss I have seen.

The chair hog issue though is easy to deal with charge for the chairs :)

Or just get up before noon. ;p

I am surprised more loyalists haven't chimed in yet to defend the beloved NCL. Sorry for the parents who will have to shell out

more to keep their kids occupied with fun activities. Luckily, I don't care for any of the bells & whistles.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text

I am surprised more loyalists haven't chimed in yet to defend the beloved NCL. Sorry for the parents who will have to shell out

more to keep their kids occupied with fun activities. Luckily, I don't care for any of the bells & whistles.

No need to chime in to defend NCL. What they do is a good business practice. Charge the price the market will bear.

Never has NCL advertised they are an all inclusive cruise cruise line. You get the basics, and can then upgrade and pay for those extras as you wish.

I think there are a lot of fun activities for kids without having to shell out extra bucks. Patent could say NO to their kids but that wouldn’t produce an Instagram moment.

It’s the bottom line folks. NCL is not a non-profit organization and they are operating to be profitable for their shareholders.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the world of experienced cruisers it's called nickel and diming. NCL continues to do a great job of it.

I agree with you. NCL put things on the ship they know will get overcrowded during 7 days cruises. Folks on the TA and on Panama Canal (which is what I did) had better prices and availability. Now that the ship is in Alaska and full of kids, NCL realizes they have to do something to control the crowd. So they raised prices. Only thing is folks who have reservations for future cruises now wonder what the prices will be when it is there turn.

Disney is now having higher prices in certain months.

I get it that business is business, but the prices going up are to solve a problem that has developed because the ship has something that not everyone can go to because number of folks on the ship. I think they need to stop making ships like theme parks and return to more deck space or at least have something that can accommodate and handle crowds.

I think these so called features being added to ships that lure folks in are not always working out so well.

Take the North Star on the Quantum class ships for RCI. In the beginning it was free and it went over both sides of ship. Well folks complained on the shorter cruises that not everyone got on. So they changed things.

Then ships that got sent to Asia started charging.

All of these price changes are hoggish in my opinion.