Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

1 minute ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

Always have been on my seven cruises. A waiter once told me I could go behind the bar for easier access to the back items.

Yes it  always  has been

But does not make it  safer than the Terrace  where things are not self serve ?

Do people wash their hands more  because it is self serve ?

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

too bad  they did not lower the glass  so people cannot reach under :classic_angry:

guess I will keep complaining on my comment cards

I remedy that by just not eating anything from the salad bar. 

I also generally don't eat any items that other people can touch in the Terrace. My exceptions are the sauces(ketchup, hot sauce etc. ) but I try to use my napkin for those. 

I may be a bit excessive, but I prefer not to have my vacation ruined with others germs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Go-Bucks! said:

That's how it was last year when I was on Insignia.  Guess the solution is to not eat that food.

Flies were visiting the open food bins at Waves when we were in port in Cuba.  The staff try to cover the bins with plastic food plate covers.   It was a good resason to avoid what’s in the bins during port days. 

5 hours ago, Paulchili said:

While it looks very nice, it does take up (almost) the entire night table - not much room for anything else :classic_angry:

Looks like the phone has a switch for a backlight?   That would be a handy feature, as well as the ability to turn it off...

On 12/21/2018 at 8:54 AM, ORV said:

I remedy that by just not eating anything from the salad bar. 

I also generally don't eat any items that other people can touch in the Terrace. My exceptions are the sauces(ketchup, hot sauce etc. ) but I try to use my napkin for those. 

I may be a bit excessive, but I prefer not to have my vacation ruined with others germs. 

It isn't being excessive, IMHO. 

27 minutes ago, babysteps said:

No dvd or blue-ray player. There is one open USB connector and 3 open hdmi connectors. Plus on-demand movies and tv programming. 

Is there a separate DVD player? They used to have lots of DVDs to let out for viewing in cabin. Is that still the case?

Edited by Paulchili

1 hour ago, babysteps said:

No dvd or blue-ray player. There is one open USB connector and 3 open hdmi connectors. Plus on-demand movies and tv programming. 

is there a DVD slot on the side of the TV like on the O class ships?

I cannot imagine they did away with the DVD's

No attached or built in player of any kind on the tv in 4041 (deluxe ocean view). But one open USB port and three open hdmi ports on the upper right side of our tv. 

There are a *lot* of movies on demand. Also some television episodes and Netflix too (Will and Grace, House of Cards, etc). There are also still the movie channels. 

To the upthread comment on mirror over desk being metallic - it is metallic, but it is not magnetic. 

Edited by babysteps

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

No attached or built in player of any kind on the tv in 4041 (deluxe ocean view). But one open USB port and three open hdmi ports on the upper right side of our tv. 

There are a *lot* of movies on demand. Also some television episodes and Netflix too (Will and Grace, House of Cards, etc). There are also still the movie channels. 

To the upthread comment on mirror over desk being metallic - it is metallic, but it is not magnetic. 

What ship are you on? I’ve never seen anything like you’re describing on Oceania. 

6 hours ago, babysteps said:

Any connections on the left side ?

Can you post a photo of the side panels

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Any connections on the left side ?

Can you post a photo of the side panels

I'm on Insignia now.   I just looked and dont see any connections, HDMI or even USB  anywhere on the sides, bottom or top of the TV in a PH1 suite.   It looks like there are some connections in the middle but the TV is mounted firmly to the wall so I dont know how you would connect anything.    For what it's worth, the new TV and TV menus and quality are a huge improvement.

• Like 1

We are on the Insigina now. Not sure if any one has discussed it, but the internet on the Insignia is a HUGE improvement. (if its been discussed I apologize I missed it).  We were on the Nautica a few months ago and I was pretty critical of the internet.   Basically the wireless and the connect was worthless on that cruise.   This however is great after the upgrades to Insignia.   Whoever at Oceania was in charge of the Internet and the technology upgrades needs a raise!!!

32 minutes ago, wr2next said:

I'm on Insignia now. 

For what it's worth, the new TV and TV menus and quality are a huge improvement.

Glad to hear this. The improvements to the TV & programming on Oceania when compared to other lines were greatly overdue.

Edited by Paulchili