Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

Funny story: We noticed our bathroom steamed up a lot. My wife complaint after the first day. Maintenance came but the problem persisted. After the 3rd day she complaint again. We were in our room when engineering came the 2nd  time.  He opened the vent cover on the ceiling shined a flashlight in and saw the very quiet fan working however the exhaust tube was not connected. He had to send in a carpenter to open up the ceiling. All is fixed when we came back in a few hours.  I can feel the airflow if I put my hand over the ceiling cap.  You may want to check if your fan is working once you are onboard. 

Laurence. 

On 8/8/2018 at 5:12 PM, Pet Nit Noy said:

If that was a serious question, here are some serious answers.

Lack of popularity...

... for health reasons. FG is an item that contains 12.4 grams of fat (4.1 of which are saturated fat) in a 1 ounce serving.

... Oceania demographics suggests that average cruiser may more interested in a good night's sleep and less interested in dealing with the consequences of eating such a high fat food .

... because people know FG is organ meat, in spite of the high brow use of French rather than the words English "fat liver".

Extra skill demands on the kitchen to execute a properly seared slice. Since there's so much fat, a slice left on the heat too long literally melts into nothingness. And the line between long enough and too long is pretty thin.

Humane treatment of animal issues in the creation of foie gras.

I suspect all these factors -- and others I may not have listed -- combined to produce lots of unordered, wasted product at the end of each cruise.

All of the reasons listed above are why I would never order it.

Obviously I missed the news, but Insignia will still have 2 restaurants; Polo and Toscana aren't going to be combined into the Italian steakhouse concept?  Not that I'm sad about that but just didn't remember reading about it.

3 minutes ago, cbb said:

Obviously I missed the news, but Insignia will still have 2 restaurants; Polo and Toscana aren't going to be combined into the Italian steakhouse concept?  Not that I'm sad about that but just didn't remember reading about it.

I think it was posted  last year that were  not going to change  them as the concept on Sirena  was not well received

But since  Polo & Toscana are still on Insignia  I guess they will be there until then next  refurb  😉

16 hours ago, cbb said:

I read that the combo was not well received on Sirena but didn't know that a decision had been made.  Good to know they've kept them as 2 separate restaurants--at least on Insignia!

Good news indeed! I did hear from one of the senior roving quality managers last year that they were reviewing the decision to put Red Ginger across the R class but hadn't seen any indication that it was not to be implemented.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cbb said:

I read that the combo was not well received on Sirena but didn't know that a decision had been made.  Good to know they've kept them as 2 separate restaurants--at least on Insignia!

Glad that they kept them the way they were.   We were on Sirena  about 2 months ago and did not like the new combo at all.   Good choice by O.   

22 hours ago, bob brown said:

Thanks for those bathroom photo's....curious as to how well the seals work on the doors...it is a pain to have to wipe water off the bathroom floor, after using the shower, when the seals leak....

The seals are good it does leak some water especially if the shower head is directed at the door but it’s not too bad .  

Edited by ebslcc

ebslcc,

I'm very grateful for the photos, but I can't see the video. (Is it just me?)

Also would really love to see a photo or two of the closets opened. Previously there was one big closet with two doors, and one short "shirt" closet that had drawers under the shelf. Now I see just two doors with a solid panel between them. What does it look like inside? Did they add shelves in the middle?

-Sukey-