Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

Thanks for the pictures.  So far, I like what I see except for the carpeting in what I believe is Martinis. The rectangle patterns gives me the sense of an optical illusion and I feel "sea sick" just looking at it.  Like to see what they did to Horizons.  Will be on her for a couple of segments of the World Cruise.

• Like 1

Thanks  for taking the time to post the photos

Are  the chairs  in the public lounges  very low  like on the O class ships

I am not sure I like the carpet in Martinis. the cabin & the hallway  but I am sure you would get used to it  😉

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks  for taking the time to post the photos

Are  the chairs  in the public lounges  very low  like on the O class ships

I am not sure I like the carpet in Martinis. the cabin & the hallway  but I am sure you would get used to it  😉

I am not crazy about the carpets either but the busy pattern will hide any dirt/stains very well (especially the one in cabins). I suspect that may be what they had in mind?

I kind of like the carpet in Martinis. What I don't like is the wallpaper in the hallways. I see they kept the blue doors also. I think that is something that has a dated look. 

I never really heard about or saw any projected changes to Horizons. Has it been updated? I actually liked it as well as any public space on the ship. 

May be its because Oceania doesn’t do refurbishments often, embarkation was POORLY handled.  We were first to arrive at the port.  Oceania put us on a red eye from the west coast.  We waited from 7 am to 1 pm before we got on board!!!  6 hours of confusion, ‘pretty soon now’, ‘we are still doing final touches’ ‘’we are still going through inspections’ ‘we should be able to board pretty soon now’. 

In general staff at the port are not informed what’s going on. There was no one in charge to think about what’s best for the passengers and take care of the situation.  They should have brought water out much earlier than they did. They should have walked around and let people know what a going on.  They should have brought cookies or baked goods when the waiting went beyond 12 noon.  They should have let passengers on board and tell them to stay in the public areas until the rooms are ready.  That’s what they ended up doing but only after the bad public relations situation gotten worst.  Some passengers were vocal and very irritated. One of them vowed  never to take Oceania again!!!

Apparently people the ship was moved to the port 3 days before sailing after 18 days in dry dock. Refurbishment work continue d right up to sailing.  At the dock there were Waste Management bins with old furnishings and stacks of old chairs from the main dining room. We heard that contractors didn’t leave the ship until 2 AM the day of sailing. We saw them doing touch up paints around the deck and still tidying the rooms throughout the morning.  

Anyways I am sure there were a lot of long hours and a lot of hard work.  There’s probably a few more rough edges that will be cleared up in the next couple of cruises before the big world cruise in January.  A small example: we have 7 cabins with our group. 2 out of 7 had missing hair dryers!

BTW I don’t know if they updated the menu. The food has been fastastic so far. I will post some food photos soon. 

Laurence

56DC7488-9B1E-4212-AD6C-51BEDA2E4665.jpeg

530B19A0-F262-44BD-A63B-91EE2A83A935.jpeg

8C99AA21-5C8B-4F02-8B2F-657305753D58.jpeg

2A11B1CC-2F4F-49E9-9034-54D8F22971C3.jpeg

3AE35059-2868-4078-807D-3C1751F8F8F6.jpeg

81DE21AC-A893-4C6A-B143-C5EDB103CC30.jpeg

9CB68C94-5FD4-4566-A559-CD7447880C55.jpeg

6C189754-830E-48BE-B088-93EC46737069.jpeg

Edited by ebslcc

What was your scheduled boarding time? Why would you believe getting to the port at 7:00 am and remaining there for hours was a good plan? Could you not have dropped your bags,  went sightseeing, and came back near your scheduled boarding time?

The hour at which your Oceania flight arrives in no way is correlated to the time one is scheduled to board the ship!!

Earliest boarding time I've personally ever seen Oceania give out was 11:00 to the very top suites. So if you are in one of those suites, you were only delayed two hours in boarding. That deserved refreshments being served in the waiting area in your opinion?

What was your scheduled boarding time? Somehow I doubt that not having a hairdryer immediately upon boarding, was a life altering event and once the room steward was made aware, one was delivered pronto.

Thanks for the photos and we hope you enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I never understand why people head to the port before noon anyway & when something like  this or a crossing  precedes  the cruise it makes it worse

Just saying

We usually flying in a day early & stay at the hotel until time to check in usually have lunch  ashore  then hear to the port about 1-2 pm even if we can board earlier

• Like 1

We always have lunch ashore and arrive at the ship around 2:30-3:00. Our cabin is ready for immediate occupancy, we aren't lugging baggage around the ship, and avoid the feeding frenzy in the Terrace with all the people dragging all those carry ons!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We always have lunch ashore and arrive at the ship around 2:30-3:00. Our cabin is ready for immediate occupancy, we aren't lugging baggage around the ship, and avoid the feeding frenzy in the Terrace with all the people dragging all those carry ons!

I usually arrive between 11:30 and 12:00. Since I book a hotel the day before and check out times tend to be 12 or 1:00 that’s when I head to the port. Only time I arrived earlier was when I did back to back on different ships. Couldn’t stay on after 10:00 so walked over to other ship after clearing customs, was there at 10:30, and had to wait at the second ship about an hour to board. 

Maybe they thought because there was no turnaround they could board early?

Just now, Charles4515 said:

I usually arrive between 11:30 and 12:00. Since I book a hotel the day before and check out times tend to be 12 or 1:00 that’s when I head to the port.

Most hotels  will store your bags after check out time

That is  what we do ...then go shopping/lunch  then head to the port after 1 pm

FWIW, I do not think that the personnel handling the boarding/embarkation are employees of Oceania - I believe that they are employed by the port authority and they handle boarding for any cruise line that is at that particular dock.

That said, perhaps O could have provided water/refreshments from the ship if they saw many people waiting in boarding area.

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Most hotels  will store your bags after check out time

That is  what we do ...then go shopping/lunch  then head to the port after 1 pm

They will but since I have fancy electronics I would rather not. Never had any problems arriving 11:30. 

Some my of my hotels will extend check out cause I am gold in their program but some of the desks are snarky about it. And last time I was in a Hyatt Regency they wanted $30 an hour. 

Edited by Charles4515

45 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I never understand why people head to the port before noon anyway & when something like  this or a crossing  precedes  the cruise it makes it worse

Just saying

We usually flying in a day early & stay at the hotel until time to check in usually have lunch  ashore  then hear to the port about 1-2 pm even if we can board earlier

Don't you know.....you have to get every single meal you can out of a cruise. Nothing is better than a buffet lunch. lol   

We are on Marina next week in a suite that would allow 11 am boarding.  We still wont go until 2 or 3 pm because we like to enjoy the city of embarkation. Relax people.

6 hours ago, RetiredLifer said:

Thanks for the pictures.  So far, I like what I see except for the carpeting in what I believe is Martinis. The rectangle patterns gives me the sense of an optical illusion and I feel "sea sick" just looking at it.  Like to see what they did to Horizons.  Will be on her for a couple of segments of the World Cruise.

You beat me to it! Rather like those Iberian wavy tiled piazzas which make me swim around.

54 minutes ago, commodore2010 said:

Don't you know.....you have to get every single meal you can out of a cruise. Nothing is better than a buffet lunch. lol   

We are on Marina next week in a suite that would allow 11 am boarding.  We still wont go until 2 or 3 pm because we like to enjoy the city of embarkation. Relax people.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

What was your scheduled boarding time? Why would you believe getting to the port at 7:00 am and remaining there for hours was a good plan? Could you not have dropped your bags,  went sightseeing, and came back near your scheduled boarding time?

The hour at which your Oceania flight arrives in no way is correlated to the time one is scheduled to board the ship!!

Earliest boarding time I've personally ever seen Oceania give out was 11:00 to the very top suites. So if you are in one of those suites, you were only delayed two hours in boarding. That deserved refreshments being served in the waiting area in your opinion?

What was your scheduled boarding time? Somehow I doubt that not having a hairdryer immediately upon boarding, was a life altering event and once the room steward was made aware, one was delivered pronto.

Thanks for the photos and we hope you enjoy your 

Edited by edgee

1 hour ago, commodore2010 said:

That’s nice. Why should I care? Nothing wrong with what you like to do or what people like to do who like to board before lunch and relax on the ship.  

Thanks for the pictures!! I was hoping that someone on this cruise would post some.

1 hour ago, ebslcc said:

D5808C9E-BC3C-4003-80C8-080F6EB53D12.jpeg

F2CC6D0B-F45A-4287-B309-61810517D4BE.jpeg

E0259C1E-02FA-42CC-B520-C856D50CBA8D.jpeg

E315F444-1244-47DD-A351-79A45008A7C6.jpeg

71E2228B-1FB0-412D-B634-05EC5763595F.jpeg

A0C5A88A-2583-4559-BFCB-95E01161CC79.jpeg

98F697E3-5B8E-4911-81E5-04E8C388B7E3.jpeg

3A2FCE64-E5C4-421A-A0C6-53540FC603A4.jpeg

BC23E55B-1778-4D44-8507-BC3E9E9CDFC6.jpeg

I would like to see pics of the Penthouse (PH) suites, including their bathrooms and closets. Wondering about storage space since I'll be on the world cruise. 

The new decor is fresh looking, but similar to all other generic modern ships I've seen.  Personally, I liked the elegant look that the R ships had and would have preferred them keeping the same style but updating it.  They must feel that this style will increase bookings, probably aimed at a younger demographic. 

• Like 1