Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

From that pic They are Cut  far too small for roasties, their insides would all be wrong. An egg sized potato would be cut into 2. A Grapefruit sized cut into 4. They are more Parmentier sized. They have to be big enough so that the middle turns to pure fluff whilst the outside is still golden and crunchie.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

An egg sized potato would be cut into 2. A Grapefruit sized cut into 4.

Thank you DW, love the practical examples, no metric or English units required.  Will be trying to make roasties again.

Your scallops look delightful.

19 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

the middle turns to pure fluff whilst the outside is still golden and crunchie.

Darn that sounds so good.

• Like 1

Hi friends,  this was a VERY Weird day....I felt fine up until about 4:00..........I made a bag of popcorn and not

sure if it had gone bad but I got REALLY SICK😲....sick that I threw it all back up.   I feel better now but definitely

no apetite and just drinking some ginger ale.  Did not eat anything for dinner.  What a WEIRD thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have a question.....I had started  to type a reply on here and never finished it (I typed another one) but every

time I come onto this thread, the OLD typed portion automatically shows up......I just type over that now but does

anyone know why those old words continue to stay "alive"???? That is weird too!  This box should be blank once

you type a submit a reply.

48 minutes ago, Lois R said:

does anyone know why those old words continue to stay "alive"???? That is weird too!  This box should be blank once you type a submit a reply.

Lois, feel better soon.

If you've ever started a post and not finished it, closing your browser before hitting submit, your browser remembers the unfinished post and automatically fills in the reply box with that old text, every time you try to type a new reply. It is not a perfect system and sometimes I am surprised by what shows up there. 

To show you what I mean. While I was typing this post, I also opened CC on my phone, and started typing another reply to this thread. I clicked on the "reply" box and typed "test unpublished post" into the reply box, then closed cruise critic down on my phone WITHOUT submitting that post.

Then I opened CC up again on my phone, went to the water cooler, and clicked again in the "reply to this topic" box. Picture below:

Screenshot_20200722-212358_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37513a79a78b6ed6a33d0c8b1a1cbdb6.jpg

See how it restored that text which I'd previously typed, but didn't publish? Somehow, your browser thinks you really want to publish that old post, but just didn't click on the right button!

Easy to get rid of it. See the black bar at the bottom, which says "your previous text has been restored. Clear editor"?

Just click on the "Clear editor" words, and your old post text will disappear, and not come back. Until the next time you unwittingly close CC without posting something...or the next time your computer THINKS you closed an unfinished post.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Lois, feel better soon.

If you've ever started a post and not finished it, closing your browser before hitting submit, your browser remembers the unfinished post and automatically fills in the reply box with that old text, every time you try to type a new reply. It is not a perfect system and sometimes I am surprised by what shows up there. 

To show you what I mean. While I was typing this post, I also opened CC on my phone, and started typing another reply to this thread. I clicked on the "reply" box and typed "test unpublished post" into the reply box, then closed cruise critic down on my phone WITHOUT submitting that post.

Then I opened CC up again on my phone, went to the water cooler, and clicked again in the "reply to this topic" box. Picture below:

See how it restored that text which I'd previously typed, but didn't publish? Somehow, your browser thinks you really want to publish that old post, but just didn't click on the right button!

Easy to get rid of it. See the black bar at the bottom, which says "your previous text has been restored click here to clear editor"?

Just click on the "clear editor" words, and it will disappear, and not come back. Until the next time you unwittingly close CC without posting something...or the next time your computer THINKS you closed an unfinished post.

Hi JP.....I click on that clear editor thing every time....it disappears and then for some reason it comes back again.

Very strange.   I never fully log out on here.....I guess I could do that and see what happens when I log back in.

Thanks for the help.

Made some Ukrainian comfort food tonight. Notwithstanding the fact that it was 90 degrees out.

Zrazy. I can't make the proper Ukrainian vowel on my computer; the last y is an English approximation. It should look like a backwards N but close enough.

Ground beef with egg, bread crumbs, herbs, and some Maggi, of course. Kind of like a meatball, but sized like a large hamburger. Pan-fried then finished in a mushroom gravy. I served them with mashed potatoes. Really hit the spot!

20200722_185452.thumb.jpg.d739e9caaecdef4de81009a0781d85ea.jpg

The other food (scallops, bacon, and potatoes) are really making me hungry. Maybe I'll have some ice cream for dessert. 

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, the box right here is blank.............and I just typed to you above.

LOL. You quoted my post so fast that I didn't have time to add my screenshot! Oh well. Sounds like you have a gremlin in your cache.

• Like 1

Hi Terry, yes, the tv I have is from 2011. I remember when I bought it..........My dad passed away in August of that year

and I bought it after his death........it is a SONY. I think it is 42 inches and sits on top of cabinet 

Good morning.......see the sentence above...........that keeps coming up.........It was when I was talking about tv's......

A Gremlin? Something is making up come back.............

• Haha 1

I just decided to log out and then log back in as suggested, well, that sentence still showed up on here............

I hit the clear editor to get it to go away......this is very funky.

10 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Lois, feel better soon.

Screenshot_20200722-212358_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37513a79a78b6ed6a33d0c8b1a1cbdb6.jpg

Easy to get rid of it. See the black bar at the bottom, which says "your previous text has been restored. Clear editor"?

Just click on the "Clear editor" words, and your old post text will disappear, and not come back. Until the next time you unwittingly close CC without posting something...or the next time your computer THINKS you closed an unfinished post.

Good morning, yes, I have hit that clear editor and the screen clears.........my laptop must have a glitch or something

because sometimes  the words show and sometimes they don't........

Things are busy, busy here at the Cooler.  Need to jump off quick as our grandsons and son from Virginia are here at our home in Ohio.  They are enjoying playing basketball with the new portable hoop we assembled and put up on the driveway.  Our youngest grandson will be age eight on Monday the 27th.  The other will be ten in early October.  They grow up fast.   Fun ages!!

Below are a couple of "oldies" and their always interesting comments. 

Posted on the future SS cruising thread that Carnival's Princess line announced last night no cruises involving U.S. ports till at least mid-December.  My guess is that more cruise lines, including Silversea, will be announcing such delays to sailing very soon. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

2128880270_ScreenShot2020-07-23at8_50_13AM.thumb.png.1f5307ae431f81f6330cf3811dd40300.png

77648498_ScreenShot2020-07-23at8_50_30AM.thumb.png.c7368373de293bdcdc6507feea0c8c1b.png

Let Me Be Frank….

The most expensive hot dog ever cost $169, and consisted of a foot-long smoked cheese bratwurst topped with Maitake mushrooms, Wagy beef, foie gras, shave black truffles, $250-per-ounce caviar, Japanese mayo, Teriyaki grilled onions, and a brioche bun. That restaurant is no longer in business! But not to lament…there is a ‘Haute Dog’ available at Serendipity 3 in New York City, which is grilled with white truffle oil and topped with duck foie gras and truffle butter, which sells for $69.  Mmmm good… actually, you’ll have to tell me.

Edited by zqtchas
National Hot Dog Day July 22.