Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good morning friends🙂  today is the day I get my new TV😀.  I am on the schedule for this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning friends🙂  today is the day I get my new TV😀.  I am on the schedule for this afternoon.   Hope everyone has a good day.

Good luck with your new TV.  Keep us posted how it all works out, including as you are exploring and using the new technology with your "Smart TV".  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

463925275_ScreenShot2020-07-28at11_48_06AM.thumb.png.49917b0e833ceca297b5dd13d6fc0aad.png

898405382_ScreenShot2020-07-28at11_48_19AM.thumb.png.17bfb2ab576be0406e79b9600f042a06.png

Got my tv installed and I love it😀 the picture looks so good!!!!!!!!!  And the tech was one of the nicest people I have

ever met.  He was cordial and professional. And he was nice enough to move the old one from the living room to

the bedroom for me and he updated the bedroom remote for me too.🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Seen more copperheads this year in central VA than I can recall ever seeing.  Our dog got bit by one, vet bills ridiculous, but worth every cent to have the little guy back 

WOW!  Not something we deal with here, thankfully!  So glad your little guy is OK!

• Like 1

Talking of snakes brings me to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Britain's vastly complicated equivalent of the IRS).

They prefer online tax declarations which are processed more quickly than paper returns.  OK, that sounds good.  So you need to have a Government Gateway account to file online.  Not a problem, I've got one of those.  Spent the morning collecting all the relevant info and writing (you know, that thing with a pen and paper) down everything as per a paper form just so's I'd have it all to hand.  Efficient, no?

Signing in to a Government Gateway account takes a while - long ID, complex password - and then they send a verification code in a text message.  That code took a few minutes but what the H, we got there.

Click on everything relevant until I get to the section for actually completing the online filing.  I knew it was going too well.  At this stage you need another access code but that is sent by post in 7-10 days!

Look, I know they have to be secure and all that but they don't make it easy.  And I know I've got until 31 Jan to do it so there's no rush but it just irks me that these time-saving measures take so much time.  

Feel better now...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Talking of snakes brings me to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Britain's vastly complicated equivalent of the IRS).

Glad that we in the U.S. do not have deal with your UK revenue office.  Taxes are always complicated and challenging.  Kind of like snakes?????

For Florida, below is a visual from AccuWeather this morning as to how a major tropical storm that is coming your way.  Maybe it won't be a hurricane, but it seems like it will bring much rain, wind, etc.  Not fun!!??

595302731_ScreenShot2020-07-29at8_05_44AM.thumb.png.32d0b6030fa8d25374e098970d0a94de.png

Hi Terry, was watching the local weather and I think that storm will be breaking up before it gets to Miami. *hoping 

anyway.

Did you see I got my new tv?😀 My next purchase is a new bed.  There are multiple stores within very close distance

so I need to see what I can find.......my bed is probably close to 12 years old😮

The peninsula is so inundated with the virus right now that a tropical storm could help to force people to stay inside and not spread the virus.

I am not wishing for a storm just some respite from the increasingly horrific death counts and positive cases we are experiencing.

It is up to our citizens to take action as it seems we have no one at the helm and the ship is floundering.

Edited by spinnaker2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, was watching the local weather and I think that storm will be breaking up before it gets to Miami. *hoping 

anyway.

Did you see I got my new tv?😀 My next purchase is a new bed.  There are multiple stores within very close distance

so I need to see what I can find.......my bed is probably close to 12 years old😮

Are you getting a bed or a mattress? We got a new mattress from Costco. Ordered it online with delivery and a small fee to take away the old one (which isn't easy to do).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

The peninsula is so inundated with the virus right now that a tropical storm could help to force people to stay inside and not spread the virus.  I am not wishing for a storm just some respite from the increasingly horrific death couns and positive cases we are experiencing.  It is up to our citizens to take action as it seems we have no one at the helm and the ship is floundering.

YES to Lois that I was aware of your new TV and that you are loving it. Glad it is working so well.  The technology and picture quality keeps getting better.  Plus, prices lower and values better.   Sorry, not much expertise on my end as to mattresses, those options, etc.  Other than that I like to sleep well at night.   Good luck.  

Great perspectives from Spins as to the coming tropical storm and the challenges getting some people to take this Covid-19 seriously, behave properly, etc.  To be blunt, bars, parties and young people are a big part of the problem.  Most of us "Seasoned Citizens" are being smarter about these conditions and taking proper precautions.    

377928231_ScreenShot2020-07-29at11_58_02AM.thumb.png.444e05828ec6b9188886981cfc3b947b.png

652895174_ScreenShot2020-07-29at11_58_19AM.thumb.png.7bd4aecb682f8885afe8a925b01d78ac.png

1 hour ago, silkismom said:

We have a Sleep number bed and love it, can change the hard/soft depending on how you feel. After my hip surgery it was very different from now since I had to sleep on my back with a wedge between my knees and a back wedge.

Hi,🙂 I actually looked at a Sleep Number a few years ago.....it is way more $$$ than I want to spend though.

Know its hard to toss what might be a perfectly good box spring, but I have to second the Sleep number recommendation.  We bought ours 15 to 20 years ago, and still love them (well, it used be one, but now is separated into 2...time goes by, possibly too much information...). 

Anyway, it greatly reduced back pain occasions.  Stays cool through the night and does not require a box spring.  And, as long as I avoid the news before bedtime, I sleep well on that old bed. 

• Like 1