Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

It's Thursday and we are getting ready for another "Weekend Break".  For those here in the U.S., this upcoming weekend will longer as Monday here is Labor Day.  We get an even longer break with a three-day weekend!!??  How will we spend all of that extra time when we cannot go anywhere?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

172014604_ScreenShot2020-09-03at10_31_30AM.thumb.png.f5cd51d25ae8289503b212e2d854acc1.png

144612757_ScreenShot2020-09-03at10_29_48AM.thumb.png.b8779b4beba51f93403c5b3aa35e73df.png

On 9/2/2020 at 2:59 AM, lincslady said:

...does anyone else enjoy Muscat de Beaumes de Venise?  Years ago holidaying in Provence, we visited Domaine de Durban, a lovely small property...

I have never had it, Lola.  Thanks for sharing and bringing it to our attention.  

We were supposed to be in Provence in just over 6-weeks from now, before boarding the Silver Moon in Monte Carlo.  Sure would have been fun to seek and find your suggested wine on that trip!

• Like 1

Due to Covid-19, today, Mother Nature announced the cancellation of the fall season for all residents in the Rocky Mountain west.  

This pic is the actual upcoming weather forecast for our town.  Supposedly, we’re going to get 3” - 5” of snow.

Since we left town yesterday afternoon on a camping trip until Monday, we may just have to head further south, because I’m not interested in winterizing the travel trailer yet.

564B572C-1867-462E-BF13-41EAEBD6A9D2.jpeg

• Haha 1

Stumbles - it is just an uncomplicated wine, from the muscat/moscatel grape, and not to be compared with the great Sauternes, etc.   But that part of Provence, with Gigondas, Vacqueras, Rasteau etc. is a lovely area, and I hope you will be able to visit some time - maybe  as things are not for quite a while.  Somehow they are all just more enjoyable when you have visited the wineries and the charming people who run them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Due to Covid-19, today, Mother Nature announced the cancellation of the fall season for all residents in the Rocky Mountain west.  

This pic is the actual upcoming weather forecast for our town.  Supposedly, we’re going to get 3” - 5” of snow.

Since we left town yesterday afternoon on a camping trip until Monday, we may just have to head further south, because I’m not interested in winterizing the travel trailer yet.

564B572C-1867-462E-BF13-41EAEBD6A9D2.jpeg

Happy trails, cowboy 

I am sure everyone has these strange coincidences now and again -  I remembered the muscat wine we liked simply because of the correspondence here; had not thought of the name for many years.

This morning son phoned to suggest some half bottles of it for his father's birthday next month, as DH nowadays is difficult to buy for.  Son  and I had not spoken of it for probably 25 years, since we all had a holiday in that region

It felt a bit spooky, and was an inspired thought for his present, as he loves sweet puddings.  I will try to let him have it all (or almost all) ; might just have a taste or two!

Love the funnies - especially the whales (I am part Welsh).

Lola

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Muscat de Baumes de Venise, whilst not very grand can be very nice lincslady. My favourite everyday wine still has to be a nice Gewurtztraminer or Vouvray but must agree with TTS about Tokaj as a dessert wine. 

If you like Gewurtzraminer (I do too!) then you might like a Viognier. 

Montbazillac with seared foie gras is rather good too.

• Like 1

Perfect weather upcoming!!  Am I sure?  Here are the details from AccuWeather for this long, Labor Day weekend in Central Ohio  For Friday/today: high of 76°F, partly sunny and less humid; Saturday: high of 80°F, mostly sunny and pleasant; Sunday: high of 80°F, partly sunny and pleasant; Monday/Labor Day: high of 85°F, pleasantly warm with clouds and sun.

Who can ask for a better, upcoming weather forecast?  How does this compared to Florida and other parts of the U.S. and world?

808513750_ScreenShot2020-09-04at7_28_59AM.thumb.png.a0a524b12bb4af0346d2c63a48a36ab6.png

1361910391_ScreenShot2020-09-04at7_29_41AM.thumb.png.47e148e295e410dcc2f4c6d03dfebc00.png

27 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Terry, the comparison of weather from you to me? If you like hot, humid and sticky then this is the region for that😲

All of the "honors" go to Lois and those in Florida.  You can have that "hot, humid and sticky" weather.  I'll stick with our forecast for this Labor Day weekend.  

Suspect that the CC folks have bigger fish to fry... They may not have the staff to monitorthreads closely, so they might not be aware.

Another possibility, remember that this edition of the Cooler started in August 2018. CC did a major upgrade in October 2018. Maybe that upgrade eliminated the 5000-post issue?

IDK if either (or neither) is true, but what fun is a Friday without some wild speculation? 

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2

Stumbles, we just got back from 5 nights in our RV in Grand Lake, Elk Creek campground just outside Rocky Mtn Nt Pk, there is a "resident" cow moose and calf that eat the willows at least once a day. We didn't see a thing in the park except some elk way in the distance. So glad we were on our way home today, the roads were packed and we can "enjoy" the expected snow from home with the fireplace.

• Like 1