Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

12 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Bought this at a farmer's market, the farmer told me what it was, then we proceeded to have an enjoyable conversation about potatoes (of course!) and apples, etc.  Got in the car, drove home, and then could not remember for wife what it was.  Its not just cabbage.  My turn for dinner tomorrow night, hoping the cooler can bail me out.

image.png.4b89a9f2b9a9322758437a00a3afb8b3.png

Looks like a Swiss Chard to me QSS. No good for roasting though 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the help on the unidentified vegetable, I googled every suggestion and the pictures always matched.  There must be some differences apart from appearance between them, hopefully not critical in the chicken cabbage soup I'll make tonight.  Store bought yesterday fresh sourdough bread on the side.

The Thai salad sounded intriguing, but didn't have the ingredients on hand.  We're overdue for some Thai cuisine here.

Edited by QueSeraSera
clarity
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Thanks for all the help on the unidentified vegetable, I googled every suggestion and the pictures always matched.  There must be some differences apart from appearance between them, hopefully not critical in the chicken cabbage soup I'll make tonight.  Store bought yesterday fresh sourdough bread on the side.

The Thai salad sounded intriguing, but didn't have the ingredients on hand.  We're overdue for some Thai cuisine here.

We have a thai restaurant just across the street. Went there last week, had some curry stuff.

• Like 2

In the USA, starting the count-down to Thursday and our Thanksgiving Day.  BUT, we are mostly locked-down.  Our son, his wife and two grandsons were planning to come up for this period from their home in Virginia.  That, however, has been scrubbed due to the Covid numbers rising, etc.  Sad to miss that family fun, but we want to stay safe and healthy.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

838054140_ScreenShot2020-11-23at9_09_17AM.thumb.png.bccc5d4332a2731e736887c8f147acc7.png

985495014_ScreenShot2020-11-23at9_09_35AM.thumb.png.56dcaaf5ba30903a7859b0a8a3db50f4.png

Hi Terry, sorry you won't see the kids but glad to know you are following what is best.   I am sure you will zoom with them,  right?🙂

I was reading this morning it said 1 out of 3 parents said it would be worth it to travel even with this large outbreak.....so does that mean 2 out of 3 parents

know it is not the right thing to do?

41 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

scrubbed due to the Covid numbers rising

Same here.  For the 4 kids in the immediate area, we are going to try a takeout version of pot luck dinner.  Drop off or pick up food at our house between 1 and 2, take what you want home with you and heat it up there, get the visit done in 15 minutes or less, wear mask except for the little tykes.  Made certain they knew totally ok to skip: two accepted, 2 declined.  For the families in Charlottesville and Chicago, no get togethers at all, but as Lois suggests, we are setting up a zoom with the Chicago branch.

Hi JP,  we all have such different types of families.  I have one nephew but never see him

anymore.......I have no clue what he and his wife are doing these days.  

Sorry to be late to the party, but the photo of a leafy vegetable?  Bok choy.  It has very distinctive heavy, ribbed stalk on each leaf.  Great in stir fries, soups.  The stalk part is typically not at all stringy or tough, and has a nice flavor.  Easy to grow, and at least in our part of the planet, bugs don't bother it much.   (Of course, we have 12 hens who patrol the garden, always on the look out for a bug to eat.)  

• Thanks 1

Here's a little something that may bring you joy.  Every year pieces of confetti rain down on Times Square NYC on New Year's Eve.  You can add your wish to the rain of confetti.  Here is the link...

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/whats-happening/nye-wishing-wall#wish

From the website.."Your wishes will be added to the confetti that flutters down in the heart of Times Square on New Year's Eve! Each year, people from around the planet include their wishes for the new year on pieces of official Times Square New Year's Eve confetti, either digitally or in person.

Whether it's a personal goal, a dream for the future or doing something for the very first time, these wishes are added to over a ton of confetti that floats down at midnight onto the revelers gathered in Times Square in celebration of the new year. Be a part of this most magical night by making your wish in person through our mobile Wishing Wall on the plazas or by sharing your New Year's wish with us below or on Twitter and Instagram using #ConfettiWish. We will add it to the thousands of others released above Times Square at midnight on New Year's Eve for all the world to see!"

I have done this for many years and it gives me joy!

• Like 2