Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Mateus.thumb.jpg.ae1f8162dd8c6f7b2d666a83173a4fec.jpg

And so it came to be. 

i brought some home. Photo taken this day.

Actually i brought it home many years ago. Its been in the outside refrigerator waiting for that perfect hey hey hey moment.

I bet its good for cleaning a carburetor at this point.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Worked hard today on ideas for a four course northeast Italian menu for JP’s big basement wine and dance party.  😉  And tonight, enjoyed the fruits of the labor.

Stumbles, if we understand this correctly, 4 courses in NE Italy are the same as 8 courses here?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Stumbles, if we understand this correctly, 4 courses in NE Italy are the same as 8 courses here?

Haha!  I like your thinking!

Unfortunately, 4 there is 4 here.  I was just practicing with 8 different dishes; 1 for me and 1 for Silver Queen across 4 courses.  Although, don’t tell anyone we did share. 😁

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Haha!  I like your thinking!

Unfortunately, 4 there is 4 here.  I was just practicing with 8 different dishes; 1 for me and 1 for Silver Queen across 4 courses.  Although, don’t tell anyone we did share. 😁

Were there leftovers, and what is the address?  [Asking for a friend...]

• Haha 2

Apologies to Daveywavey - I have just realised that although the dreaded caravans etc. are piling in from England you are still not able to feed and water them.  I guess the 'three glasses of wine' had affected my brain.  I hope they are not parking up for the night on the verges, as my son tells me they are in the Lake District.

I get the impression that Prince Philip was quite popular in Canada,  mysty?    Suddenly Brits are deciding he was a good thing, after many years of making fun of him.  Whatever else, most of us will feel sympathy for the Queen tomorrow.

Lola

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Apologies to Daveywavey - I have just realised that although the dreaded caravans etc. are piling in from England you are still not able to feed and water them.  I guess the 'three glasses of wine' had affected my brain.  I hope they are not parking up for the night on the verges, as my son tells me they are in the Lake District.

I get the impression that Prince Philip was quite popular in Canada,  mysty?    Suddenly Brits are deciding he was a good thing, after many years of making fun of him.  Whatever else, most of us will feel sympathy for the Queen tomorrow.

Lola

A great loss for the Queen. 😥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Lola

Yes Lola,  Prince Philip was very popular here.   There are many fans of most of the Royals here! 🥰

Wow, Mysty!  That news article is so sad to read.  And, here we sit in America with so many states open at 100%.  Also, did I hear today that Moderna is not going to be able to achieve their vaccine production targets for Canada and the UK for the 2nd quarter?

Our state of Colorado has been pretty strict, but nothing like what you're experiencing.  In fact, today, most of the state opens all businesses at 100% capacity and without any mask requirements.  Our county is waiting until May 16 to move to that level of openness as our hospitalizations have been rising, even though vaccinations are progressing.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Wow, Mysty!  That news article is so sad to read.  And, here we sit in America with so many states open at 100%.  Also, did I hear today that Moderna is not going to be able to achieve their vaccine production targets for Canada and the UK for the 2nd quarter?

Our state of Colorado has been pretty strict, but nothing like what you're experiencing.  In fact, today, most of the state opens all businesses at 100% capacity and without any mask requirements.  Our county is waiting until May 16 to move to that level of openness as our hospitalizations have been rising, even though vaccinations are progressing.  

Moderna has slashed its intended deliveries.   We are in crisis here.  We are not a 3rd world country and yet here we sit.  Canada does not have the facilities to manufacture the COVID vaccines.   We must import all of them.  And some of the countries are limiting export in order to service either their own country or their bloc .  Myster is 71 in a few months and has an appointment for his vaccine on Wednesday next.   Hopefully they have some supply.   I had a first dose of AstraZeneca  two weeks ago.  My second dose will not happen for 4 months.   The tunnel is long and very dark!