Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

3 minutes ago, silkismom said:

I have Jeff's bread recipe saved in favorites, just checked and its still there, I really have to try to make it someday.😋

I wonder how much adjustment it will take at your altitude.

Edited by Stumblefoot

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not saying this applies to anyone here...

image.png.a1b4c445dd486b6d33a14f3515069c9f.png

Jazz,  I had to fire my Guardian Angel.   She was drinking on the job.  I'm currently interviewing prospective candidates for the position.   Must say that they do not seem excited about the opportunity!  🙄

• Like 1

I could really have done with my Guardian Angel today.  Enough said.  By the way, that one looks suspiciously like Jeremy Corbyn  (I guess only UK coolers will have heard of him).  And I certainly would not have wanted him.

Well, Jeff missed the golden opportunity, but I hope he is tuning in now and again.  Many of you are keeping up the standard of coolerism.

The bright pink jeans went down a treat, and it is perhaps thanks to being a Lola that I dared to buy and wear them.

Best wishes to all coolers for a bit of sanity and fun in a mad world,

Lola

• Like 2

Just now, lincslady said:

I could really have done with my Guardian Angel today.  Enough said.  By the way, that one looks suspiciously like Jeremy Corbyn  (I guess only UK coolers will have heard of him).  And I certainly would not have wanted him.

Well, Jeff missed the golden opportunity, but I hope he is tuning in now and again.  Many of you are keeping up the standard of coolerism.

The bright pink jeans went down a treat, and it is perhaps thanks to being a Lola that I dared to buy and wear them.

Best wishes to all coolers for a bit of sanity and fun in a mad world,

Lola

I love your bright pink jeans Lola!   I have a mental image of a spry fun-loving woman who is squeezing as much joy as she can from life!  Brava!

1 minute ago, mysty said:

Smart kid!   And poor dad!

Kid did a great job suckering his Dad into the bet as well.  Rather than putting down a €500 note, that his Dad would never fall for, he got him to lay down an easy €10.  And, I loved how he grabbed it took off!

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, TrulyBlonde said:

I just wanted to mention that I am a lurker. I come over here for some humor, knowledge, and nice people. Thanks.

Hi, Truly! So glad you found your way over to the Silversea board and especially the Cooler. I too am mostly a lurker with the occasional post. I have enjoyed your posts on other boards and was sad when you felt you could no longer participate on one of them—completely agreed with you there. Love the vibe, the humor and the funnies here. This board is keeping me sane through this trying time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are more jokes on the Royal Caribbean joke thread but the attraction here is the nice people!

[warning:  this thread is over 700 pages and 18,000 posts.  Starting at page 1 could be hazardous to your life!]

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2741933-to-add-some-humour/

• Like 2

Hi All,

Just a short one to thank all those who thought of me.  It was thoughtful  and appreciated. 

It's really gratifying that the Cooler has become a meeting place for many to congregate and keep cheerful in these troubling times.  It is really satisfying to see it has both survived and become a friendly and welcoming environment.

Keep safe all and I hope that each and all can find a peaceful and optimum path through this bewildering world.

Jeff x

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Hi All,

Just a short one to thank all those who thought of me.  It was thoughtful  and appreciated. 

It's really gratifying that the Cooler has become a meeting place for many to congregate and keep cheerful in these troubling times.  It is really satisfying to see it has both survived and become a friendly and welcoming environment.

Keep safe all and I hope that each and all can find a peaceful and optimum path through this bewildering world.

Jeff x

Thank you so much Jeff!   Hope you and your lovely wife are coping amid the madness!  And thank you for giving us all a safe place to land!

Hi Jeff - good to know you are still keeping an eye on your baby.  I still miss the pictures from Seaside; the food pics. and advice, and your occasional snippets of interesting info. about your career.

The Cooler is thriving, but contributions from you would make it even better!

Lola

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

There are more jokes on the Royal Caribbean joke thread but the attraction here is the nice people!

[warning:  this thread is over 700 pages and 18,000 posts.  Starting at page 1 could be hazardous to your life!]

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2741933-to-add-some-humour/

wow, checked it out. tonnes of stuff. some new & some not so new.

• Like 1

Gentlepersons, 

I, too, enjoy the camaraderie of this board, even if it often has little to do with cruising on SS, or the price of tea in China.  I had been following two other boards associated with other high-end cruise lines.  After I posted some frivolous frippery on one of them, another poster replied that since there was no cruising going on, there was therefor NOTHING to post about.  EX-CU-USE ME!  So, I dutifully stopped posting there; I can take a hint!!  On another of such forums related to an other of the big three luxury lines, no overt hostility, but nothing but whining about lack of cruises and rampant speculation about when they might start up.  Hardly a word about how we were all in the struggle together to make it to the other side of the current unpleasantness, or offering of a friendly elbow bump to a fellow (masked) traveler.  

Meanwhile, here on the SS board, we have this delightful repartee with posters from all over the globe.  In a hard time for lots of us, it is like a life ring thrown to someone who just fell overboard on the Muse from tee many martoonis!  I appreciate it.  When somewhat normal cruising recommences (Oh, happy day!) I shall remember the gregarious and accepting international group who kept the flame alive on this board, and will be favorably inclined to booking my first cruise back with SS, in hopes of meeting some of the stalwarts who have kept a stiff upper lip and a welcoming vibe going here on this august forum!  I doff my tam-o-shanter in your general direction...

Here endeth the epistle.  

Mr Tiramisu  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1