Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

40 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

The pricing of tea depends on several factors, with the final price of tea in China varying from $10 to more than $1000 for 500 grams (approximately 16 ounces).    😄

My goodness!  I think I’ll choose the $10 one, thank you very much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My wife and I went to the auction in Paris Kentucky the other week and one
of the first exhibits we stopped at was the breeding bulls. We went up to
the first pen and there was a sign attached that said,

'THIS BULL MATED 50 TIMES LAST YEAR' 

My wife playfully nudged me in the ribs ......smiled and said, 'He mated 50
times last year, that's almost once a week.'

We walked to the second pen which had a sign attached that said, ''THIS BULL
MATED 150 TIMES LAST YEAR'

My wife gave me a healthy jab and said, 'WOW~~That's more than twice a week
! ...........You could learn a lot from him.'

We walked to the third pen and it had a sign attached that said, in capital
letters, 'THIS BULL MATED 365 TIMES LAST YEAR

'My wife was so excited that her elbow nearly broke my ribs, and said,
'That's once a day ..You could REALLY learn something from this one.' 

I looked at her and said,
'Go over and ask him if  every time was with the same old cow.' 

My condition has been upgraded from critical to stable and I should
eventually make a full recovery.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We are feeling very lucky that we are able to travel a little more than this time last year when we were in lockdown. 
We have taken the car on the Ferry to Tasmania and are having 10 days here. We met one of our daughters in Hobart and had 3 days of gluttony, eating in interesting restaurants. We dropped her at the airport after sharing 3 dozen hot and cold oysters and drove to Piermont, a group of cottages overlooking Great Oysters Bay. The photo is of the view from our cottage at sunset. 
Sunrise was stunning but I’m not a morning person and it was too early for me to coordinate eyes and camera! 
We are lucky and the sun is out and a warmish 18C for our foray off to the vineyards today. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d24696da19c591872b4b3802053a0745.jpeg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

need a job?

I would suck at those jobs Chas!  For number 4 I would have been throwing that meat as far from me as I could!  For number 3 I would have tipped the pail and run.  For number 2, who turns their back on a cobra?  For number 1, is that hippo really going to a dentist soon?  Egad!  

• Haha 2

Under Pressure

'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to
Care for the people on the
Edge of the night (people on streets)
And love dares you
To change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last dance
This is ourselves

Under pressure

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mysty said:

Right now,  with the current lockdown, it is much closer than it used to be.

We are in a three day lockdown here in Perth as well misty. Supposed to end tonight at midnight but as we had a couple more cases detected in the community we are expecting it to be extended.

I know it isn't as extensive as yours, we have friends in Toronto that keep us updated, but it does still play on the mind. 

My concern is that people will resist vaccination "because we are safe in Australia" and the borders will stay closed well into next year, if not longer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

We are in a three day lockdown here in Perth as well misty. Supposed to end tonight at midnight but as we had a couple more cases detected in the community we are expecting it to be extended.

I know it isn't as extensive as yours, we have friends in Toronto that keep us updated, but it does still play on the mind. 

My concern is that people will resist vaccination "because we are safe in Australia" and the borders will stay closed well into next year, if not longer.

I'm sure you've heard from your friends in TO  that we have been struggling here.   I think that struggle will convince people here to be vaccinated.   Our issue is the supply of various vaccines.   Pharmacies are running out with no idea when they will receive more.  So we wait. 

7 minutes ago, mysty said:

Our issue is the supply of various vaccines.   Pharmacies are running out with no idea when they will receive more.  So we wait. 

We have the same issue here with low supplies. Not helped by the adverse media hype about AstraZeneca. We do at least have the ability to make AZ here but it seems to take a long time for batch testing clearance and then to get it out to the community.

As someone with respiratory problems I was very relieved when I got my first AZ dose last Friday. 

I hope for both our countries sake, plus the rest of the world this supply issue is fixed soon.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

For some strange reason we now have to lockdown at weekends only:classic_huh:

Reef,  there is no appropriate button to respond to your post.   Governments are making some strange choices around this virus.   For us, playgrounds are open, schools are closed.  Golf courses, baseball diamonds are closed and sitting in parks is not allowed.  The logic escapes me!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mysty said:

Reef,  there is no appropriate button to respond to your post.   Governments are making some strange choices around this virus.   For us, playgrounds are open, schools are closed.  Golf courses, baseball diamonds are closed and sitting in parks is not allowed.  The logic escapes me!

It's a head scratcher mysty, at least we can play golf and tennis..... just not on Saturday or Sunday. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

It's a head scratcher mysty, at least we can play golf and tennis..... just not on Saturday or Sunday. 

I find it fascinating that the powers that be continue to maintain that they are "following the science".  And it now seems that "the science" is not the same in every country.  This must be a relatively new development since I'm pretty sure that "the science" used to be the same around the world.  🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1