Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

17 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Fandabbydozy! I've been waiting to hear back about the same Antarctica flight leaving from Brisbane on the 28th which would certainly mean a lot less travelling. Have you done that trip rojaan?

No  but we have friends do it -  and they said it  was F A B U L O U S  ✈😁

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mysty said:

We're off to Black Tartan Kitchen tomorrow night for the April menu.  The crossword was a beast.  I think we solved it.  Correct answers will be presented on Sunday.

BTKApril2023.jpg.28d0a9bfb921525fc1257294c3f67806.jpg

English is not my first language, but I'll be darned if...nothing "beets" a good salad...is incorrect!!  Easy does it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

English is not my first language, but I'll be darned if...nothing "beets" a good salad...is incorrect!!  Easy does it.  

Well done Camillus!  We think that is the correct answer!  Photos will follow on Sunday! 😁

• Like 2

Mrs Goldberg wanted to commit suicide, so she called her doctor and asked where her heart was located...he told her in the left breast. Later that night he saw her in the hospital...she had shot herself in the knee

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 9:06 AM, canderson said:

Ah, right.  Wonder is SS has restarted that?  As of our last cruise in November 22, Celebrity was still avoiding that practice as a leftover from their pandemic policy.

Hi, I just got home today from sailing on The Spirit around Turkey and Greece and I ate multiple times with different staff members. 

And I have previously done so as well. I sailed on The Dawn in January and did the same. So, at least in my recent experiences, dining with staff is definitely happening. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I just got home today from sailing on The Spirit around Turkey and Greece and I ate multiple times with different staff members. And I have previously done so as well. I sailed on The Dawn in January and did the same. So, at least in my recent experiences, dining with staff is definitely happening. 

Love to hear added details from Lois about the food, staff, ports, speakers, etc.  Tell us more!  How full was the ship, the passenger mood, staff spirit, etc.?  Inquiring minds want to know much more.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

23 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I just got home today from sailing on The Spirit around Turkey and Greece and I ate multiple times with different staff members. 

And I have previously done so as well. I sailed on The Dawn in January and did the same. So, at least in my recent experiences, dining with staff is definitely happening. 

So do they draw names out of a hat, offer to some number of upper suites, loyalty points, or ???

Would be fun to query the Engineering Officer on a couple of electrical topics if that's acceptable dinner behavior.

6 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

342524802_1712208559198064_6747133995348965919_n.jpg.b0e97a20d257aeae6827fa6bf676b036.jpg

Have a great safe fun day all!

DD, who was a world class picky eater as a toddler, is now expecting our first grandchild.  I am sending this to her as advance parenting advice!!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

DD, who was a world class picky eater as a toddler, is now expecting our first grandchild.  I am sending this to her as advance parenting advice!!!

And I'm sure she will appreciate your pearls of wisdom.   😅

34 minutes ago, canderson said:

So do they draw names out of a hat, offer to some number of upper suites, loyalty points, or ???

Would be fun to query the Engineering Officer on a couple of electrical topics if that's acceptable dinner behavior.

Hi, nope, no drawing of names. I end up seeing quite a few staff members repeatedly........and they are always happy to dine with guests.

So, no I never get an invitation on my door. It is more like chatting with people I know and asking them if they would like to dine together.

I sail solo and it is always nice seeing familiar faces and so in my case, that is how it works (for me).  SS, in my opinion is always very welcoming to their guests. Oh, I never book an "upper suite".......just a regular veranda. So, cabin category has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

Well it appears that it is officially restarting fleet wide. We got the invitation on the door today and dining with the Captain tomorrow.

In fact it has been an incredible day today. Yesterday my travel computer gave up. It appears that the problem was with Windows. It is running on Windows 8 for which support ceased recently hence I thought it was terminal but Rudy the IT manager on the Moon has got it going again so my Cruise report will restart tomorrow. Not perfect as it will not remember passwords so having to log in all the time but at least I can now download and resize my photos again.

I had already decided I would buy a new travel computer before my next trip. I did bring an external hard drive this time so my photos had been saved.

Won again at trivia with nearly a perfect score of 19.5.

And played terribly at golf but everyone else played worse. Maximum score is 15 over 3 holes but I won with 13.

Then dinner at Atlantide. We walked into the place and the Assistant Maitre'D just turned to one of the waiters and said take them to Table 35 - which is looked after by Rojaan's favourite waiter Therarith.

Next the Sommelier Karolina comes over and has a talk to us and ends by telling me she is bringing me a mystery wine. One taste and I felt it was a Chilean Carminere. So told her it was definitely a South American wine from Chile so she gave up and showed me it was a carminere. Left the bottle on the table.

Next the restaurant Manager came to talk to us and I told him the problems booking Silver Note and the times offered and we really couldn't start dining at 9pm. An 8pm slot now booked.

So IMHO the service at Silversea is even better than it was pre covid.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 12:56 PM, mysty said:

We're off to Black Tartan Kitchen tomorrow night for the April menu.  The crossword was a beast.  I think we solved it.  Correct answers will be presented on Sunday.

BTKApril2023.jpg.28d0a9bfb921525fc1257294c3f67806.jpg

Whadaya do with "SEIEETO"???  (I think?)

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

You were lucky to get in the staff canteen.

36 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Well it appears that it is officially restarting fleet wide. We got the invitation on the door today and dining with the Captain tomorrow.

In fact it has been an incredible day today. Yesterday my travel computer gave up. It appears that the problem was with Windows. It is running on Windows 8 for which support ceased recently hence I thought it was terminal but Rudy the IT manager on the Moon has got it going again so my Cruise report will restart tomorrow. Not perfect as it will not remember passwords so having to log in all the time but at least I can now download and resize my photos again.

I had already decided I would buy a new travel computer before my next trip. I did bring an external hard drive this time so my photos had been saved.

Won again at trivia with nearly a perfect score of 19.5.

And played terribly at golf but everyone else played worse. Maximum score is 15 over 3 holes but I won with 13.

Then dinner at Atlantide. We walked into the place and the Assistant Maitre'D just turned to one of the waiters and said take them to Table 35 - which is looked after by Rojaan's favourite waiter Therarith.

Next the Sommelier Karolina comes over and has a talk to us and ends by telling me she is bringing me a mystery wine. One taste and I felt it was a Chilean Carminere. So told her it was definitely a South American wine from Chile so she gave up and showed me it was a carminere. Left the bottle on the table.

Next the restaurant Manager came to talk to us and I told him the problems booking Silver Note and the times offered and we really couldn't start dining at 9pm. An 8pm slot now booked.

So IMHO the service at Silversea is even better than it was pre covid.

Karolina is a lovely lady and a good sommelier.

I had great fun with her on the Moon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

2 hours ago, mysty said:

And I'm sure she will appreciate your pearls of wisdom.   😅

It's payback time!!!

• Haha 1