Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

5 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Since we're talking about a thesaurus, I was using the real definition (upsed), not the slang definition (unperturbed).

I was actually basing it on Merriam-Webster, which doesn't label it slang:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nonplussed

• Thanks 1

So with the January 24 antipodean sojourn almost entirely in the bag I’ve been casting my mind to 2025. I Made the mistake recently of watching the BBC recent production of around the world in 80 days and have decided to try it in 30. Setting out from Dolgarrog station (the quietest station in the country on January 2nd 2025 and firstly heading down to London for a nice lunch and then setting off from the Reform club for Paris. Travelling through Europe via Genevre and the Swiss Alps, down to Venice and  then Vienna, Budapest, Bucharest, Sophia and Istanbul all by train. Fly to Mumbai and cross India by train  with a few stops on the way to Kolkatta. Fly from Kolkatta to Vietnam (2 fingers up to Singapore and Hong Kong that won’t let me take my vape) and onto Japan. Japan to Vancouver flight and then take the Canadian through the Rockies to Toronto. Drop down via Niagra to New York and then fly to Dublin. Sail from Dublin into Liverpool and then home. One highlight of the trip would be cheating a whole extra day free of charge out of my life (travelling east to west)  One thing yet to be decided is if my intrepid little special pup could come with me! I’m sure he’d love some selfies at the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty and so on. 

IMG_0349.jpeg

Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

That would be amazing JP, and Carlton Place if schedules allow! Timings are a little tight but I should have enough time for a few little luxuries.

Yes please to Carleton Place!!!!!  Black Tartan Kitchen awaits! 😁

19 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Hope so M. This far out I can’t get timetables but my research is all based on entering Jan 24 dates. 

You might consider the train. 😁  Toronto to Ottawa.   We could pick you up in Ottawa and ferry you to Carleton Place.  😁

And trains run when flights may not.   January snow is a problem in Canada from time to time.  😁

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mysty said:

You might consider the train. 😁  Toronto to Ottawa.   We could pick you up in Ottawa and ferry you to Carleton Place.  😁

And trains run when flights may not.   January snow is a problem in Canada from time to time.  😁

I So hope I can pull it all off, it would be amazing to see you both again. So the last few bits I need to tie in are from Toronto to Carleton place, Niagra Falls, Albany then New York. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Since you're from the US, that means you weren't upset by it.  If you were from UK, it would mean you were upset.  Another example of two countries separated by a common language!

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Since we're talking about a thesaurus, I was using the real definition (upset), not the slang definition (unperturbed).

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was actually basing it on Merriam-Webster, which doesn't label it slang

IMG_4320.gif.d91005b43e3c27feb87f6d29be3a4d98.gif
Boy, it sure is good to be back!

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, mysty said:

@mysty I do believe you have forgotten something. On January 24th you should be in the Hawaiian Islands I believe.

Sorry but it looks like JP wins this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

One thing yet to be decided is if my intrepid little special pup could come with me! I’m sure he’d love some selfies at the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty and so on. 

IMG_0349.jpeg

So cute!  Looks so small – will he stay that size?  [would fit in a personal carry-on...]

6 hours ago, drron29 said:

@mysty I do believe you have forgotten something. On January 24th you should be in the Hawaiian Islands I believe.

Sorry but it looks like JP wins this one.

Wait a minute!  DW is planning this for 2025.  I should be back on terra firma by then.   It's not over until the fat lady sings! 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

So with the January 24 antipodean sojourn almost entirely in the bag I’ve been casting my mind to 2025. I Made the mistake recently of watching the BBC recent production of around the world in 80 days and have decided to try it in 30. Setting out from Dolgarrog station (the quietest station in the country on January 2nd 2025 and firstly heading down to London for a nice lunch and then setting off from the Reform club for Paris. Travelling through Europe via Genevre and the Swiss Alps, down to Venice and  then Vienna, Budapest, Bucharest, Sophia and Istanbul all by train. Fly to Mumbai and cross India by train  with a few stops on the way to Kolkatta. Fly from Kolkatta to Vietnam (2 fingers up to Singapore and Hong Kong that won’t let me take my vape) and onto Japan. Japan to Vancouver flight and then take the Canadian through the Rockies to Toronto. Drop down via Niagra to New York and then fly to Dublin. Sail from Dublin into Liverpool and then home. One highlight of the trip would be cheating a whole extra day free of charge out of my life (travelling east to west)  One thing yet to be decided is if my intrepid little special pup could come with me! I’m sure he’d love some selfies at the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty and so on. 

could this spark a JP competition?

• Haha 4