Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

5 minutes ago, mysty said:

@Tothesunset , that looks like a slice of heaven! 🥰

You know, I'm really not great at "resort holidays" but I have to say that Six Senses Laamu is exceptional. Apparently it's at 70% occupancy but it often feels like we are the only ones here. The food, service and accommodation are truly outstanding. 

I now have my list of my 3 favourite places in the world:

1. Wildflower Lodge Hotel, Shimla, India

2.  Six Senses, Laamu, Maldives

3. Inishowen Peninsula, Co Donegal, Ireland

Oh, and, of course, home with Kim and our dogs! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mysty said:

@Tothesunset , that looks like a slice of heaven! 🥰

That is exactly what I was going to say!

One thing I especially remember (not that where we were was anything like as gorgeous) is that you didn't need to really go far into the water to see lots of fish; just paddling at the edge there were lots of little chaps to look at, so I'm sure snorkelling straight from your overwater home must be lovely.  And those dishes beat anything on any cruise I have been on.  Just wow.

Lola

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

You know, I'm really not great at "resort holidays" but I have to say that Six Senses Laamu is exceptional. Apparently it's at 70% occupancy but it often feels like we are the only ones here. The food, service and accommodation are truly outstanding. 

I now have my list of my 3 favourite places in the world:

1. Wildflower Lodge Hotel, Shimla, India

2.  Six Senses, Laamu, Maldives

3. Inishowen Peninsula, Co Donegal, Ireland

Oh, and, of course, home with Kim and our dogs! 

Yes,but what's the dress code,who's the Hotel Manager and can you get a Venician past guest discount.

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Yes,but what's the dress code,who's the Hotel Manager and can you get a Venician past guest discount.

Let’s not forget:  what special treatment will you receive because you booked a top suite, why don’t they carry a wider selection of bourbon and how much to tip! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The lack of hierarchy amongst the guests is clear. We are in the least expensive OWV (which is a relative term, of course) yet those at all levels  receive the same high levels of service. SS could learn a lot from the effortless efficiency of the staff here. Our butler is unreal - he appears as if from nowhere when we even think we might want something. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

The lack of hierarchy amongst the guests is clear. We are in the least expensive OWV (which is a relative term, of course) yet those at all levels  receive the same high levels of service. SS could learn a lot from the effortless efficiency of the staff here. Our butler is unreal - he appears as if from nowhere when we even think we might want something. 

Glad you're getting such amazing service. As long as the cheapest OWV isn't an UWV instead!

If your butler is truly a mind reader perhaps a tin-foil hat is a good idea for the packing list?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

You're being bugged.

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.aa558b6f21fff55fd3c3ac6910185838.png

A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus crashed yesterday losing its entire load. Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, taken aback, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless and perplexed…

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus crashed yesterday losing its entire load. Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, taken aback, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless and perplexed…

A whole load of new words for me to learn, thank you😊

• Like 3

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

I hope they found whoever did this. 

And threw the book at them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, drron29 said:

I was nonplussed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I was nonplussed.

Since you're from the US, that means you weren't upset by it.  If you were from UK, it would mean you were upset.  Another example of two countries separated by a common language!

[So far as I know, there is no country in which people get plussed by things like this!!! 🤣]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Since you're from the US, that means you weren't upset by it.  If you were from UK, it would mean you were upset.  Another example of two countries separated by a common language!

[So far as I know, there is no country in which people get plussed by things like this!!! 🤣]

Since we're talking about a thesaurus, I was using the real definition (upset), not the slang definition (unperturbed).

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1