Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

13 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Could you imagine if the people of the middle to late 18th century were to return today?  They would be absolutely aghast at the manners of today’s society.

Thanks Stumble!  I was gobsmacked!  And I really do not want to sell our home to someone who would do something like that.  Of course, that would be letting emotion into the equation which is supposedly a no-no.  And yet.....the thought actually makes me ill!

• Like 1

One hell of a day today coolers. While I was in the hotel 2 masked men with iron bars broke into my cottage next to the hotel where my OH was, demanding give us the money or we’ll take the dogs.  Luckily he managed to get out to me in the hotel and I rang the Police. They didn’t get anything other than our keys. OH very shaken up. 20 police officers, a dog search and a helicopter search of the area later it’s now 3am and time for bed. Albeit not my own bed as they got our house keys too. For somewhere where a vandalised park bench makes the front pages, it’s been a pretty eventful evening. Anyway nobody was hurt and the b*stards got nothing. May God furnish them with everything they deserve.

Sorry to hear about your number 2 episode M, Hopefully the quality of viewer will improve. I Must admit though, Canadian rants seem so much more civilised than the Welsh rants I’ve experienced tonight. 

• Like 1

Davey,

That is terrible.  We are glad no one was hurt, but it is a sad commentary on the times.

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

One hell of a day today coolers. While I was in the hotel 2 masked men with iron bars broke into my cottage next to the hotel where my OH was, demanding give us the money or we’ll take the dogs.  

On a lighter note, have you considered giving the dogs attack training?

Wow, that's some news to wake up to. Sorry to read everyone's bad fortune from yesterday. DW, I am glad that it was not worse for OH and you. Hopefully the would-be thieves will be apprehended before anyone is seriously hurt.

M, was the prospective buyer "marking his territory" so to speak? That's pretty crass behaviour. I'm with Stumbles; when did we become such an unrefined and impolite society?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

One hell of a day today coolers. While I was in the hotel 2 masked men with iron bars broke into my cottage next to the hotel where my OH was, demanding give us the money or we’ll take the dogs.  Luckily he managed to get out to me in the hotel and I rang the Police. They didn’t get anything other than our keys. OH very shaken up. 20 police officers, a dog search and a helicopter search of the area later it’s now 3am and time for bed. Albeit not my own bed as they got our house keys too. For somewhere where a vandalised park bench makes the front pages, it’s been a pretty eventful evening. Anyway nobody was hurt and the b*stards got nothing. May God furnish them with everything they deserve.

Sorry to hear about your number 2 episode M, Hopefully the quality of viewer will improve. I Must admit though, Canadian rants seem so much more civilised than the Welsh rants I’ve experienced tonight. 

OMG DW!  That is awful!  Now I feel like a twit for complaining about a poo incident!  So very sorry that this happened to you and OH.  Hope you both recover from the nasty!

To be clear the Canadian rant was much less civilized in the version heard only by Myster!  

Edited by mysty
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

M, was the prospective buyer "marking his territory" so to speak? That's pretty crass behaviour. I'm with Stumbles; when did we become such an unrefined and impolite society?

Thanks JP!  If they were marking their territory they used the wrong tree!

3 hours ago, mysty said:

OMG DW!  That is awful!  Now I feel like a twit for complaining about a poo incident!  So very sorry that this happened to you and OH.  Hope you both recover from the nasty!  To be clear the Canadian rant was much less civilized in the version heard only by Myster!  

Double WOW!!  Bad experiences by both mysty and Daveywavey70.  Good luck for better days ahead.  Any offers yet to buy your home?  Are interest rates low in Canada like here in the U.S.?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Hi friends, Davey, so very sorry to read this and sending all my love and best wishes. Sounds very scarey and hope he is doing better.

Musty, that just is awful.  How rude and people are idiots,,,in both cases!

22 hours ago, mysty said:

Coolers, I need to apologize in advance because I am about to mini-rant.  We had two viewings at the same time tonight.  When we returned to the house we went about turning off lights.  When I went into the basement bathroom there was an odour.  Someone had used the toilet and did not flush!  Seriously????  Who does that in a home they are viewing belonging to people they don't even know!  This did not start our new adventure off on a very good foot!  Rant over!

ACK!  Sorry that you had disgusting people going thru the house.  Usually the real estate agent keeps better track of them, I know I would never think to do that in someone's home.   Bleah.....

20 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Davy, so sorry to hear about your unwelcome house guests.  My heart goes out to you and OH, and the little four leggers.  Time to change the locks and beef up the security, sounds like it was a targeted visit.

Many thanks for the well wishes guys. Locks all changed now, car taken away by insurance co for lock changes. Good job they only got the Hyundai keys and not the Bentley or Maserati. Super confident little pup has been very wussy today. Hope it doesn't effect him long term. OH not having a great day today but he'll settle down. 

Did you report the little gift to the estate agent M? Might be an idea before they leave any gifts in other peoples homes. 

• Like 1

Thanks TTS, Its been going really well. He's had lots of exclusive offers from his contacts to get him up and running, he's got a great friend very high up in Scenic and SS are making him a preferred partner. He's already had some fantastic bookings in as well as lots of Bread and Butter.

• Like 1

Greetings Coolers!

Thanks all for your support on the "poo incident"!.  Thankfully it has so far been a one off.  All offers must be submitted on Monday August 19th at 6:00 pm.  Hopefully we will have at least one.  Multiple viewings today and one so far for tomorrow.  We'll be searching for a landing space to spend the away time.

Today's funny.....

dc42f32898940d7eca84de9069b11faa--cats-h

Have a great day all!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Thanks TTS, Its been going really well. He's had lots of exclusive offers from his contacts to get him up and running, he's got a great friend very high up in Scenic and SS are making him a preferred partner. He's already had some fantastic bookings in as well as lots of Bread and Butter.

Hi Davey, I am booked on a cruise with Uniworld  (going in October:classic_biggrin:) and this morning I decided to do some "cruise research" LOL....just perusing some stuff  and decided to look at the Scenic website...…...what does your OH think of them?

OH says they’re a grade up from Viking and really good quality. Food and service are excellent. Obv not as many facilities as larger vessels. Not sure about the U.S. but in the UK you also get chauffeur limo from home to airport. We’re certainly hoping to sail with them at some point. I’ve seen some pics of the new eclipse too! No internals allowed but externally it looks stunning. 

Hi Davey, oh, I knew they were a step from Viking.   Just wondered if he has any first hand experience. I sailed with AMA back in 2016 and really enjoyed that river cruise.  Looking forward to this one for sure!  It is on the River PO in Venice:classic_biggrin:

As for the limo service? You mean the cruiseline offers that to you? Never heard of that here....on Ocean or River cruises.

Want a limo? Normally we customers have to pay for ourselves.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:51 PM, mysty said:

Coolers, I need to apologize in advance because I am about to mini-rant.  We had two viewings at the same time tonight.  When we returned to the house we went about turning off lights.  When I went into the basement bathroom there was an odour.  Someone had used the toilet and did not flush!  Seriously????  Who does that in a home they are viewing belonging to people they don't even know!  This did not start our new adventure off on a very good foot!  Rant over!

Sorry, I just don't get why you would mention this incident to thousands of posters who are just trying to talk about travel? Disgusting, yes, but I would never think of sharing it online. Hard to erase the image once it's been planted. Just my opinion...

41 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

Sorry, I just don't get why you would mention this incident to thousands of posters who are just trying to talk about travel? Disgusting, yes, but I would never think of sharing it online. Hard to erase the image once it's been planted. Just my opinion...

Huh? This particular thread is about all things----including our lives outside of cruising......that is why it was started to begin with.....chatting about what happens outside of a cruise ship (which is the highest % of what happens in life)...not just being on a ship.  That is why she mentioned it....because we are all friends on here and post about our experiences.  I have never met many of these folks but am more than ok with her posting about what happened.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mahogany said:

Actually Mahogany...if you have been following this Cooler thread for any length of time you will know that we are not supposed to talk about cruising!  The Cooler thread is for anything BUT cruising especially on SS.  Maybe some research would have made that clear to you.

25 minutes ago, mysty said:

Actually Mahogany...if you have been following this Cooler thread for any length of time you will know that we are not supposed to talk about cruising!  The Cooler thread is for anything BUT cruising especially on SS.  Maybe some research would have made that clear to you.

Well said M. As Lois and Mysty have said above Mahogany this particular thread is a place  where we can all come and have a chat about life in general. There are 1000s of threads on these boards about cruising but not another like this. If you don't like what you see then please learn to scroll on. 

• Like 1

I am several weeks behind Mysty in selling as I"m not listed yet.  Yesterday's fun were the visits... the painter (It'll take 7 to 9 days to paint and a few more days to carpet), the mover (actually less than I thought), and the realtor (ready to sign?  ready to sign??).  I needed Chic fil A to recover from all that.

The good news was that I heard from my builder and they broke ground on my section of the villas.  

Missy

• Like 2