Hair Dryer on Eclipse

cinderbear21

I was just wondering what the blow dryer is like on the Eclipse. Is it different in concierge? Does anyone have a picture?

Thanks

Michelle

Even the PH ones had the push and hold switches! Either take your own, use a strong elastic band or wash your hair, and then do what I do and sit on the balcony with a glass of wine until it is dry!

Folks, the hair dryer is not that bad. Your cruise isn't forever and holding the button for a few minutes isn't the end of the world. IMO, it's really not worth bringing your own for a 7-10 day cruise.

That said, if you need to spend 20+ minutes drying your hair every single day, then holding the button may be a pain. (And the dryer isn't the most powerful in the world.)

While the hair dryers are not "that bad" they are also not "that good" according to DW :). She usually packs a small high quality travel hair dryer (which works on 110 or 220) which she finds superior to what they have on most ships. Not a big deal either way so just do whatever "floats your boat" (pun intended).

Hank

Folks, the hair dryer is not that bad. Your cruise isn't forever and holding the button for a few minutes isn't the end of the world. IMO, it's really not worth bringing your own for a 7-10 day cruise.

That said, if you need to spend 20+ minutes drying your hair every single day, then holding the button may be a pain. (And the dryer isn't the most powerful in the world.)

(y) I actually like that button so much that I've looked for one to use at home!

(y)

Whether the hair dryer is acceptable I think depends on how thick your hair is. I have very thin hair and while it is annoying to hold the button it does the job and works fine for me. It is not very strong, though, so those with thick hair might take quite a bit of time to dry their hair. Just keep in mind you can bring an extra pair of shoes in the space/weight of the hair dryer so that is definitely a consideration :-)

we found the hair drier on Solstice to be more than adequate.... sure it's not the flashiest hair drier, but it worked fine

With thick and longer than shoulder length hair like mine it's a nightmare! I bring my own.

I have very long, thick, curly hair and I was fine with it. I bring a thick rubberband to hold the button in. Definitely not a drier that I would choose for home, but with the weight restrictions on luggage, I can make do on vacation.

• 4 months later...

As an alternative to using a rubber band to keep the hair dryer on, my wife now uses a velcro cable tie.  It has enough grip to keep the button on but is easier to attach than an elastic band, and you might just have one wrapped around the cord on the charger for your phone or tablet.

• Thanks 1