Caribbean Princess - Aug 4-11 - Better than I expected

DiTomCruisers

I'm sorry if I seem confused here, but there's been a lot of conflicting info, it seems, on these boards. Are they still taking old coffee cards for now? My wife has an unpunched card and we were thinking of using it, rather than getting a new card, on our cruise in October. (My wife doesn't need the unlimited normal coffees if she can just get specialty ones)

Thanks, I missed that part of your comment. :(

They also have cheese & western omelets made up already. Have a great cruise

Thank you for the review!

Any idea which cabins have been included in the ***** trial? And was any indication given as to “speed” of roll out on CB?

When I was talking to one of the ***** guys they were expanding the roll-out with each cruise.

sorry, I don't know which cabins had ***** already.

We were on the CB 7/28 & 8/4 with our family and have to agree with your review! We had a fabulous time, wonderful service, happy crew members and food was excellent. Although we eat in the MDR for lunch on sea days, we did eat in the WMP buffet the other days and found the selection to be very nice and food was consistently good. Loved the way it was set up with the individual sandwiches packaged very nicely. The street tacos from Salty Dog Grill were excellent too!

We have been on over 100 Princess cruises and we have to say this was one of the very best!!

We were on the CB 7/28 & 8/4 with our family and have to agree with your review! We had a fabulous time, wonderful service, happy crew members and food was excellent. Although we eat in the MDR for lunch on sea days, we did eat in the WMP buffet the other days and found the selection to be very nice and food was consistently good. Loved the way it was set up with the individual sandwiches packaged very nicely. The street tacos from Salty Dog Grill were excellent too!

We have been on over 100 Princess cruises and we have to say this was one of the very best!!

My wife felt the same way, she thought that this was one of the best cruises we were on. In fact she said, "Hey call your boss, I'm going to see if they have any cabins available for the next week." LOL!

I bet they are similar. It was really involved, had a lot of technical aspects, some emoticons, some dancers came to the audience with cell phones and showed like selfies with the audience. really cool. Also they had some cirque du soleil acrobatic aspects too. I highly recommend it.

Have been on board caribbean princess since aug 4, get off aug 25.

Ocean medallion cabins are currently lido deck cabins.

Checkin and off ship is a bit slower as they are using old and new system for 3 weeks to ensure accuracy. This is the 2nd week using both so one more sailing.

We too really enjoy the food on board. Sure not every item is perfect but i have not gone hungry.

World fresh markeplace offers lots of options. I especially enjoy the small dishes if salads, focaccia with different toppings each day. The sandwiches are very yummy. Salty dog grill does have amazing tacos.

Dined at steamers last night and planks afew days ago. Great alternative for $12.

The new highspeed wifi rolled out this sailing. So fast we were able to stream a movie on youtube. I was able to post a video to my page and video chat is easy. As elite we get an unlimited package for one device.

Entertainment is great. Really love the new detourist program.

Biggest issue we are having are all the large groups and families. We just are not use to it. Lots of running up and down hallways, sitting in stairways, plates left all over and drunkenness. And many are adults.

Ship looks great i feel. Our cabins have been nice and the ine issue we had with second room being hot was resolved quickly.

Crew are amazing.

Follow along in my blog... link below

Checkin and off ship is a bit slower as they are using old and new system for 3 weeks to ensure accuracy. This is the 2nd week using both so one more sailing.

We too really enjoy the food on board. Sure not every item is perfect but i have not gone hungry.

World fresh markeplace offers lots of options. I especially enjoy the small dishes if salads, focaccia with different toppings each day. The sandwiches are very yummy. Salty dog grill does have amazing tacos.

Dined at steamers last night and planks afew days ago. Great alternative for $12.

The new highspeed wifi rolled out this sailing. So fast we were able to stream a movie on youtube. I was able to post a video to my page and video chat is easy. As elite we get an unlimited package for one device.

Biggest issue we are having are all the large groups and families. We just are not use to it. Lots of running up and down hallways, sitting in stairways, plates left all over and drunkenness. And many are adults.

Ship looks great i feel. Our cabins have been nice and the ine issue we had with second room being hot was resolved quickly.

Crew are amazing.

Hi Vickie

You might want to look in our 8/18 roll call for our M&G and slot pull

Crew are amazing.

Hi Vickie:

I embark on the 25th. Haven't seen you in years. Eventually. :)

1) it's summer in the Caribbean, school is out - what did you expect ???:confused:

2) 7 night cruises are as low as $ 399 per person for an interior...

book in Oct/Nov - fewer kids, more expensive cabins...:rolleyes:

Hi Vickie:

I embark on the 25th. Haven't seen you in years. Eventually. :)

Wow it has been a long time. Enjoy your cruise

1) it's summer in the Caribbean, school is out - what did you expect ???:confused:

2) 7 night cruises are as low as $ 399 per person for an interior...

book in Oct/Nov - fewer kids, more expensive cabins...:rolleyes:

Gee i thought what i was posting was helpful information

Do not need your two cents, we usually travel when kids are in school. Bigger issue is inconsiderate adults.

I am well aware of the price as that is why we are cruising now. Just an observation.

Maybe try to be nice and helpful.

Wow it has been a long time. Enjoy your cruise

Gee i thought what i was posting was helpful information

Do not need your two cents, we usually travel when kids are in school. Bigger issue is inconsiderate adults.

I am well aware of the price as that is why we are cruising now. Just an observation.

Maybe try to be nice and helpful.

Gee, I thought I was posting helpful information for posters who had no clue that booking a Caribbean cruise in the summer would have kids on it...:rolleyes:

Crew are amazing.

Thank you so much Vickie!

Keep enjoying your well deserved vacations!, loving the Blog!

Disembarkation

Again, Princess has this down cold.

We opted for the self-walk-off. We are finally realizing that a 7-day cruisedoesn’t require 5 suitcases. We had a07:30 slot and were there at 07:30 and whisked off 30 seconds later.

A breeze through Customs and to an available taxi, 15minutes to the airport. We were checked in and through security by 08:15.

The Taxi ride back was $3 cheaper due to an airport fee thatis tacked on when you get a taxi from the airport.

All in all, a very relaxing cruise, aboard a veteran ship withsome great new features. The crew goesabove and beyond whenever you engage them. My wife asked if I would see if there were any open cabins for anotherweek, it was that good.

If I can answer any questions, please ask.

Any Idea if they offered EZ Check (luggage) for disembarkation?