Cheers..what will I be missing?

SallyPilot

Anyone see the big story on the world news last night about the newest alcohol use study? In a nutshell, even light drinking - just one drink a day - is very bad for your health... even wine. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

editorial: I wonder how many millions was spent in finding out that drinking even a little bit of poison is bad for you???:confused:

Devil’s advocate here. What’s to keep them from putting a $21 price on super premium brands. Now not covered under CHEERS.

That would be taking a play out of NCL's playbook. On NCL UBP covers drinks up to $15.00 There are many premium brands, wines and Martini's priced above that. For example a Chocolate Martini on NCL is $17.95 If you have the UBP they would hit you for $2.95 plus 20% service charge...woof

https://cruisefever.net/carnival-cruise-line-makes-change-to-the-cheers-beverage-program/

The package includes the following drinks:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer, wine and champagne by the glass, with a $20 USD or lower menu price per serving
  • Sodas (including specialty sodas), Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies) and juices
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
    Milkshakes, where applicable
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes

Today that is true.

Tomorrow, who knows?

Tomorrow many things could happen:

• Earth could be hit by a Gamma Ray Burst and all life killed.
  • The Yellowstone Supervolcano could decide that it's ready to pop.
  • Cthulu and the old Gods could wake from their slumber and reclaim their dominion.
  • George R. R. Martin could actually publish another book.
  • The Cleveland Browns could turn a corner and have a Super Bowl Championship year.

Tomorrow many things could happen:

• Earth could be hit by a Gamma Ray Burst and all life killed.
  • The Yellowstone Supervolcano could decide that it's ready to pop.
  • Cthulu and the old Gods could wake from their slumber and reclaim their dominion.
  • George R. R. Martin could actually publish another book.
  • The Cleveland Browns could turn a corner and have a Super Bowl Championship year.

That's deep, man.:confused: Especially the part about Lovecraft's famous creation. But you're just getting silly with the part about the Browns. :D

• 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20 USD per serving

So you don't just pay the difference - the amount over $20, like some other cruiselines' plans?

So you don't just pay the difference - the amount over $20, like some other cruiselines' plans?

There is a 60.00 glass of cognac available at the Steakhouse. It's the only drink available over the previous 50.00 Cheers threshold and there are currently ZERO drinks between 20 and 50.

Carnival uses this new thing called a computer that allows them to easily track purchase dates.

Good one :'):'):'):')

I guess neither one of you knows how the system works. Once a price is set, it's set for everybody, not one price for some and another price for others. It's not like booking a cruise Early Saver. Once onboard, everyone pays the same price for anything purchased.

I guess neither one of you knows how the system works. Once a price is set, it's set for everybody, not one price for some and another price for others. It's not like booking a cruise Early Saver. Once onboard, everyone pays the same price for anything purchased.
You inferred incorrectly about the situation. They were talking about cruisers who had previously purchased the Cheers program on X date for their cruise on Y date. On X date, the 50.00 Max per drink was still in effect, which has been reduced to 20.00 max per drink. It really does not matter since there are zero drinks between 20 and 50.

Don't purchase Cheers as I can't do 15 of anything in a single day!

However, it is a part of your cruise contract that Carnival can change these things, so I don't believe anyone would be "grandfathered" in. And it's been repeatedly said that nobody can find that elusive $50 drink anyway. You could always cancel your package, but Carnival isn't going to give you that extra $30 value no matter what.

Don't purchase Cheers as I can't do 15 of anything in a single day!

You certainly are true to your nickname. You don't need to consume 15 alcoholic drinks to get your monies worth. Depending upon the price point of your beverage of choice, you can get your monies worth on as few as 4 and as many as 10 per day, not including any non alcoholic stuff which would be all gravy.

You certainly are true to your nickname. You don't need to consume 15 alcoholic drinks to get your monies worth. Depending upon the price point of your beverage of choice, you can get your monies worth on as few as 4 and as many as 10 per day, not including any non alcoholic stuff which would be all gravy.

Wow. There was no need to be rude. I simply stated that for me, Cheers isn't worth the daily price, even with non-alcoholic beverages added in.

BTW...my nickname is because I direct plays. You can stop the assumptions now.