Cheers..what will I be missing?

SallyPilot

I searched and never was able to find the elusive "almost $50 drink" on my Vista sailing... I had heard rumors of a Twenty something dollar per glass champagne in the steakhouse, however all they had were 3 sparkling wines priced at around $10.50. The Roca Patron was $16.95, I believe, and Grey Goose XV around the same price...

The answer as to what would be missing from before? Looks to be nothing as no one could definitively name a drink that expensive

However, I feel like there is a reason Carnival made this move. It seems silly that they would not carry such a premium spirit on the ship. People will drink it.

Is the new $20 limit before including the 15% gratuity? Sailing on Fascination with Cheers in 9 days.

Gratuity is added onto the cheers package price, not the individual drinks you order. If you order a Bud Light, the receipt you sign says $6.50 and you can add extra gratuity if you want but it is not automatically added. Therefore any drink listed at $20 and under should be fair game.

Devil’s advocate here. What’s to keep them from putting a $21 price on super premium brands. Now not covered under CHEERS.

Yeah, that was my hypothesis in the other thread on this topic. The $16 premium vodka (or whatever) suddenly becomes $20.95. Oops! Sorry, not covered by Cheers! But we'll give you 25% off...

Yeah, that was my hypothesis in the other thread on this topic. The $16 premium vodka (or whatever) suddenly becomes $20.95. Oops! Sorry, not covered by Cheers! But we'll give you 25% off...

That has actually happened on other brands under the Carnival umbrella - the Princess beverage package has a cap of $12 per drink (before grats) Stoli Elit suddenly changed price last year to $12.50 so no longer covered. I also used to get a large manhattan with Bulliet or Makers Mark as of last year I could only get a regular size manhattan or if I wanted the large size I had to use Jack Daniels. Still beverage packages save us a lot of money on every cruise

Something tells me that this is just a precursor to increased beverage prices across the board... If they raise the price above the $20 limit and only offer a 25% discount, nobody will be willing to pay those higher prices. (A $21 drink ends up being $15.75) I'm sure we'll hear soon enough how this all pans out...

Simple question, we purchased Cheers last year before the price increase for our Bermuda cruise in 2 weeks. Will they still honor the provisions we purchased under?

We are in a similar position for a Sept 8th sailing.......maybe I should dispute the charges with my credit card provider for services/products not provided as paid for in the event we aren’t grandfathered. I am sure drink prices will increase shortly also. :mad:

Has the price of Cheers changed at all? I'm sailing on the Horizon on December 1st, 2018 and am planning on buying it before our cruise so would like to know if it'll be more expensive than my cruise (which was also on Horizon) in May 2018. Thanks!! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone 7 using the Cruise Critic App

Simple question, we purchased Cheers last year before the price increase for our Bermuda cruise in 2 weeks. Will they still honor the provisions we purchased under?

We are in a similar position for a Sept 8th sailing.......maybe I should dispute the charges with my credit card provider for services/products not provided as paid for in the event we aren’t grandfathered. I am sure drink prices will increase shortly also. :mad:
I have the print out of my confirmation from 12/27/17 when I purchased Cheers for next weeks cruise before the 2.00 per day increase that kicked in on 1/1/18. It's all a moot point anyway since there are zero drinks that are between 20.00 and 50.00.

Has the price of Cheers changed at all? I'm sailing on the Horizon on December 1st, 2018 and am planning on buying it before our cruise so would like to know if it'll be more expensive than my cruise (which was also on Horizon) in May 2018. Thanks!! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone 7 using the Cruise Critic App

There was a 2.00 increase for pre-cruise purchases from 49.95 to 51.95 per day back on 1/1/18.

I believe the $50 was more of a marketing gimmick that they have now removed. Unless they now decide to actually stock the bars with $50 plus drinks, I don't think you are missing out on anything.
Exactly! As previously mentioned, Roca Patron and Grey Goose VX are each around 17.00 and some of the Steakhouses supposedly have a 20.00 glass of champagne. Have not read about a single patron consuming a drink over 20 and under 50 on Carnival. It has been nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

But, it is still much better than alcohol, soda and juice only with a 10.00 limit like it was when it first started back in 2012. It was that way when I had it on my last two Carnival cruises in Jan of 13 and Jan of 15. So I am very happy with the inclusion of San Pellegrino, espresso based coffees, bottled iced teas, etc as an extension to the program.

Just a guess but how would they know when you purchased the package? It would be too difficult for them to know.

Just a guess but how would they know when you purchased the package? It would be too difficult for them to know.
I have a printout of my email confirmation from the Fun Shops when I purchased our Cheers package back in December before the 2.00 price increase. With the 30 bucks I saved, it'll pay for dinner at Jiji's for the two of us.