LIVE BLOG! From the EQUINOX - AUG 25th Sailing - CHICAGOPAUL

chicagopaul

OMG Taz please please tell him hello from Norma!!!!!

Cheers from the sunset bar! We have our first drink and already met some fellow cruise critic members! Our bartender here is Taz and he is very nice and talkative. I think the sunset bar will become my morning spot this cruise.

676112aec0523b6c7efa104058ba28b1.jpg

99026839f65e06e7f40d05b0b86c1fc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Paul!

Thanks for posting this live review!

It has been many years since my husband and I have cruised on Celebrity, but while on the Harmony last week, I felt we were ready for a (slightly more mature ;)) change... so booked the Equinox for November 2019!

Can't wait to follow along with you!

Have a wonderful trip!!!

Annette~

Deck 14 is getting brand new deck chairs. ...8f8626dfba44d0822abe7e4cf49ab722.jpg

I'm wondering if those new chairs have 30 minute timers that are activated when there is only a towel or book on them....:confused:.:rolleyes:.;p

Cabins were ready at 1pm. The room is very clean though no welcome bottle of “champagne” in this concierge room. Not that we ever drink it anyway. They have placed a full list of the concierge benefits on a nicely organized piece. See below.

bb1893ae26e1020fbdbc9451256934ac.jpg

The rain continues but that is ok. The inside of the ship is just as beautiful.

We purchased the 9 night package from a young man who was beyond thrilled when we told him we wanted the 9 night. We could have bought it online but figured we’d wait to buy on board in the hopes it helps out whoever sells it to us.

So after buying the package we grabbed a bite at the Mast Grill (just a quick hot dog and fries) and then decided to make reservations at Murano. We decided to reserve every night in Murano and then we can decide which nights we are going to change.

While we were in Murano waiting to make reservations we ran into Nenad! Some of you may know him and if you’ve read my blogs in the past you may remember him as our Maitre d in Luminae for a couple of cruises. He is fantastic! It turns out he is now in charge of all the specialty restaurants. He just asked for our room number and asked what time we like, we told him 8:30 and he said no worries it’s fine. Any specialty we want. But we had him put Murano in the system.

So far so good! We’ve already run into some familiar faces and we are now just resting in the cabin waiting for the infamous muster drill.

Below you’ll see a list of the Elite Plus activities.

1fbcc2328380604d3327a4e5243afb56.jpgad4ea3c001d4304ad35ac30d8155ec6c.png

Love reading this!!! Can't wait for more! We will be sailing on our first Celebrity ship in a week and a half! You are providing a wealth of information for us! Thanks so much! (Sorry for all the exclamations mark, but I am excited)

At what time did you actually board the ship? We'll be on the 9/3 cruise and usually board around 1 but this time I feel we should try to be a bit earlier for some unexplained reason.

We got to the port at roughly 10:30. It took less than 15 minutes for us to make it through security and check in. We stood around for 15 minutes until about 11 and then they started letting Suite passengers on followed by us. I’d say we were on board by 11:05 or 11:10. We always like showing up early and wandering the ship to see if we know any of the staff before it gets too crowded.

Loving your blog! We’re trying Celebrity for the first time 10/26 [emoji41]

Concierge too!

May I ask where is the hair dryer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ll check to see where it is in this cabin. Usually it is under the sink or in the drawer by the desk but this time I didn’t see it but I’ll check. Either way there is one available.

I was looking at your Elite Plus benefits as I will reach that level after my next cruise. I could not see anything about free beverages at Baccio. That is one perk that I would really appreciate.

Later edit- sorry, found it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Mapleleaf14

Also just bought the dining package for 9 nights. Cost for 9 is $261/pp

I know you didn't need a drink package, but did you see what is being offered as you arrive?

Cathy

They had people asking if you’d like a drink package upon entering the ship and then wandering around asking as well. If I see a full price list I’ll snap a pic and post it.

They had people asking if you’d like a drink package upon entering the ship and then wandering around asking as well. If I see a full price list I’ll snap a pic and post it.

Thanks a bunch! I'm looking forward to following your adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea! Following along, definitely! I've read your past live posts and enjoyed all of them. Thanks for sharing your journeys with us.

One questions re: insurance - so you never buy separate travel insurance b/c your credit cards cover pretty well (except medical)? I may have to check my card then. We don't have the Amex Platinum, but do have the AA Executive World Elite, so maybe that ridiculous annual fee may mean something? :)

Have a great trip, and just followed you on Insta as well!

Linda

Paul Thanks for your reporting! I "discovered"you this spring when you were helping Reflection get across the Atlantic just prior to a trip my friend and I took on her.

I know that you're well versed in Murono's offerings, but couldn't resist one suggestion: if you get a little tired of the entree offerings, they're very willing to make the risotto in large entree portion, and it's even better when bigger--the truffled froth gets more room to expand. I was just on the Equ for a couple of weeks--the current kitchen is turning out some good stuff.

Bon voyage and I'll look forward to reading your updates.

david

PS One of the Murano waiters also tends bar in Michaels--really great guy, closely cropped grey hair, from Romania I believe. If you guys get him, he'll take great care.

Hi, we board on Oct 26th doing this cruise and the one following.

If at all possible please could you find out when Vlado

F&B Director finishes on Equinox as I hear he is going to Edge

Many thx Liz

We have very fond and happy memories of Vlado when he was on Azamara.

We would love to know where he is and when so that we can book!

Edited by workingtocruise-59

We got to the port at roughly 10:30. It took less than 15 minutes for us to make it through security and check in. We stood around for 15 minutes until about 11 and then they started letting Suite passengers on followed by us. I’d say we were on board by 11:05 or 11:10. We always like showing up early and wandering the ship to see if we know any of the staff before it gets too crowded.

Thank you for the info. Usually I ignore your type of travelogue, but perhaps because we're next up or maybe because of your style, I'm finding your postings very interesting. Thanks for taking the time