Door signs

snuggarelli

We don’t talk about our past careers unless someone specifically asks. We answer question and move on to topics like past travel, excursions, etc. If someone (and it has been rare) tries to impress us by money or career...we move on as quickly as we can and still be polite. We have made many friends from different places and backgrounds. Everyone is equal is our eyes and with most passengers. You will fit in great.

When asking a question on here, people answer from their experiences. It doesn’t need to be your experience though.

Regent issues Brass Door Plaques for those who have sailed on special voyages over the decades, such as the World Cruise, Grand Voyages, Discovery Voyages, Circle South America, Grand Asia Pacific, Arctic Splendor, to name a few. You will find the doors of those who have completed these trips, proudly festooning their doors.

As for decorations, you will find those too. Here is a link to a recent thread regarding door decorations. LINK

J

Regent issues Brass Door Plaques for those who have sailed on special voyages over the decades, such as the World Cruise, Grand Voyages, Discovery Voyages, Circle South America, Grand Asia Pacific, Arctic Splendor, to name a few. You will find the doors of those who have completed these trips, proudly festooning their doors.

As for decorations, you will find those too. Here is a link to a recent thread regarding door decorations. LINK

J

If you want to see or talk about door decorations, check out the mainstream and premium cruise line threads. They are all about decorating their doors. Apparently door decorating is done on world cruises - probably because there is a lack of other things to do on sea days. However, in our 31 Regent cruises, the only door decorations we have seen are the brass door plaques that you mentioned.

Mikenbob- that’s true! I forgot we do pay a lot for the cruise. I’ll still behave myself though. :)

Travelcat- I’m available any time to talk about kitties and WA. :)

Rcandkc- I find that there is usually some common ground somewhere. My daughter is a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), and she reminds me all the time that bonds can be made no matter what the age differences might be. She’s a lot sweeter than I am though, so people love her in general. I can learn a lot from her.

Jmariner- thanks for the link. I think I will hold off on the sign as it sounds like finding one’s stateroom is not as hard as I thought.

Snuggarelli

Wife to DH

Mama to DD (21 yrs), DD (10 yo), DS (5 yo).

Upcoming:

1). Regent - June 25 on Voyager, Riveria/Med., as a couple only this time

Prior:

1). May 5 2012 - DCL Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, 7 day

2). May 23, 2009 - DCL Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7 day

3). May 2007 - NCL Dawn, Bahamas 7 day

4). June 2006 - PCL Caribbean Princess, Eastern Caribbean 7 day

On the Queen Mary 2 there are little plaques next to the cabin doors where the crew can leave flyers, billing and messages. I've seen these decorated. Out of a hundred doors, it might be four or five. The passage ways are so long due to the size of the ship that these "marker's" prove to be handy in judging how far you are from your door. It's definitely only a few that do this. I wouldn't expect it on RSS.

If you want to see or talk about door decorations, check out the mainstream and premium cruise line threads. They are all about decorating their doors. Apparently door decorating is done on world cruises - probably because there is a lack of other things to do on sea days. However, in our 31 Regent cruises, the only door decorations we have seen are the brass door plaques that you mentioned.

TC

I told myself to stay out of this conversation but I have got to respond to your comment about the lack of things to do on a world cruise being the reason Regent does the door decorating contest.

With two to three lectures and two to three craft activities per sea day plus the regular daily exercise and dance classes and the on deck games and the bridge and trivia and other special classes and activities, there are not enough hours in the day...you have to pick what you like best as you can't do everything. This is the reason we have done so many WC segments...most cruise lines have more and special activities on their WCs to make their world cruise something special!

Some people simply like to decorate their doors and many of the rest of us enjoyed looking and voting for the best three for each segment. Plus on some doors there were the collection of travel plaques already mentioned (many doors had a big collection!) and others had collections of decorative magnets and pictures. When we had a change over some of the doors changed also so it was not just the WCer's putting stuff on the doors.

This year's world cruise was made up of six stand alone segments. Only 190 passengers were WCer's. The ship was full for the first four segments, so more than half of the passengers were on for just a regular two to three week cruise and many of them personalized their doors in some way.

We do not see the lavish door decorations on our Regent and Seabourn cruises like we see on lines like RC and Carnival when traveling with the grandkids. But some Regent cruisers do personalize their doors and not just the World Cruisers.

Edited by cwn

Thanks Orvil and cwn. I’m learning a lot about Regent, and actually other cruise lines too (Queen Mary! That’s on my bucket list!). Thanks for posting your thoughts and experiences.

Snuggarelli

Wife to DH

Mama to DD (21 yrs), DD (10 yo), DS (5 yo).

Upcoming:

1). Regent - June 25 on Voyager, Riveria/Med., as a couple only this time

Prior:

1). May 5 2012 - DCL Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, 7 day

2). May 23, 2009 - DCL Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7 day

3). May 2007 - NCL Dawn, Bahamas 7 day

4). June 2006 - PCL Caribbean Princess, Eastern Caribbean 7 day

Our last cruise was on Oceania and there were two large-ish groups - alumni associations of some state university I think - and they all decorated their doors. This is the first time I have seen so many decorations. Decorating doors is not something I would imagine doing but in that case I suppose it meant they could see where others in their group were living!

Do they have those paper hook signs for the door that say “Do not disturb” and the “Please make up the room” that you see in every hotel? We just spent a couple’s weekend in the city, and those door hangers kept sliding off. I was thinking if they had that on Regent, I would want to make my own magnetic “Do not Disturb” and “please service room” signs.

Do they have those paper hook signs for the door that say “Do not disturb” and the “Please make up the room” that you see in every hotel? We just spent a couple’s weekend in the city, and those door hangers kept sliding off. I was thinking if they had that on Regent, I would want to make my own magnetic “Do not Disturb” and “please service room” signs.

Yes, your room will have do not disturb signs and please make up the room

Generally, they do not fall off of the door

gnomie :)

Yes, your room will have do not disturb signs and please make up the room

Generally, they do not fall off of the door

Thanks so much Gnomie! I’m glad to hear it! Those paper door hangers at the hotels here always fly off. Much thanks!:D

The doors on Regent have a plastic snap "holder" where they place dinner confirmations and party invitations. We place our "Do Not Disturb" sign in that.

As to decorations, we do put a magnetic photo of our dogs on the door. It helps us make sure we are at the right door, and it also begins conversations with our neighbors.

The doors on Regent have a plastic snap "holder" where they place dinner confirmations and party invitations. We place our "Do Not Disturb" sign in that.

As to decorations, we do put a magnetic photo of our dogs on the door. It helps us make sure we are at the right door, and it also begins conversations with our neighbors.

Oh how sweet and a great idea. We truly miss our puppies actually grown when we cruise. I know many people that would love to do that. We miss our furry family when we are gone.

Most lines have the electronic do not disturb or make up room signs by pushing a button inside your room. So no old fashioned placards.

If I remember correctly, the Explorer has electronic signs (I may be wrong on this) but last year on the Navigator we had paper signs for the door.

We just got off the Explorer last week and used paper signs for the door.

Thanks for the clarification - I actually could not remember if it was on the ship or the hotel we stayed in prior to the cruise that had very a very high tech door notification system.

Of course CC has door signs -- they are popular on RSSC, NCL and Carnival (and some premium cruise lines -- sort of like lanyards that we rarely see on luxury cruise lines). We have never seen a CC sign on a Regent ship but that does not mean that it does not exist. Still looking for door signs on this Celebrity ship and found one hand written sign that said "Happy Anniversary".

Of course CC has door signs -- they are popular on RSSC, NCL and Carnival (and some premium cruise lines .

I can't say I've seen the CC signs on RSSC but it wouldn't be something I would or wouldn't be looking for. I don't monitor the cabin doors.

I can't say I've seen the CC signs on RSSC but it wouldn't be something I would or wouldn't be looking for. I don't monitor the cabin doors.

Neither do we and who cares. We don’t have time doing door searching for decorations or signs at the prices we pay.

No dumb questions.....they are all interesting and good info for somebody. We are currently on Regent Navigator. We are on the 11th floor in a Penthouse suite.....there happens to be a “very decorated “ door on our floor. Lots of badges of where this older adorable couple have been. Actually it is colorful and fun. Why not? Whatever floats your boat (pun intended),

Sorry you have felt that cruise critic folks are critical. It really is a wonderful site to get questions answered.