Deluxe Balcony on Royal Princess

jamesnnb

You get a sofa bed as you would in a mini suite. the room is much smaller than a mini suite room so it feels cramped with more than two people. With just two people you get a couch to lounge on. Even with two people it seems like a smaller room than a regular balcony room. There is less space to store stuff.

how much "stuff" do you people take that you don't have room for in a deluxe balcony??:confused:

I think we take a lot - (2) 25 in. suitcases and (2) backpacks - never had a problem storing the clothes in the closets / drawers and the "stuff" in a hangup in the bathroom or wherever...suitcases slid under bed, or even in closet

that even works in a interior...:cool:

I understand about the lack of drawer space in the deluxe balcony. However, with the closet drawers, and the four drawers by the bed(s) and the one by the desk, and the spaces in the bathroom, that is more than enuf room for our stuff!!! What do some people take? Also I take around 7 heavy duty magnet hooks for the walls and that stores a lot of stuff and clothes too. I would much rather have the sofa and area than the drawers- just opens up the room. But now that I have been in a mini, from now on will definitely book a mini or a deluxe balcony. I am creeping upwards to the suites! I see that the new Sky actually has two WS, so if I ever book it (for itinerary and so far not one I see I want to do) I will book early for the WS! Wish all Princess ships had WS to choose from.

Pooh

What would be the pros and cons of having a Deluxe Balcony vs Balcony on the Royal Princess? Princess says 'some of the same amenities you find in a Mini Suite' -- what might those be?

If my wife is made at me I sleep on the sofa bed in the Deluxe Balcony or on a chair on a Regular Balcony