CCL Shareholder's stock

Lyndonn

I bought CCL and RCL about the same price many years ago, id guess over 10. CCL is about $60 and RCL about 120ish.

Id guess i paid around $31 at most $32 for CCL, not the best price at the time, and no more than $40 for RCL, seems to me about the same as CCL stock at the time. I could go look, etrade keeps track of the date bought and what i paid.

I think the whole the ship is the destination is going over better on RCL than on CCL from what i can tell and their stock is now double what CCL is.

..... just a comparison. and RCL now no longer lets me combine stockholders credit if i get obc on a sale promo ... but they must be making more profit.

I quit looking at the stock prices long ago, just looked and was amazed at the price of my RCL stock. just looking from a stock perspective long term.

though of course i probably will never sell my 100 shares of Carnival stock, i sure wish i had more RCL lol. bonkers

I love my CCL stockholders benefit. and that carnival lets me combine it with other obc still.

The stock is taking a steady upswing again. :)

The CCL Shareholder's offers us shareholders that cruise, some nice benefits.

This was one our better stock purchases.

Not really, it's down $10 from it's year high, also dividends are paid at certain time periods, not how long you owned the stock. I also have held CCL for many years and have double my money. Don't invest $6000 + just for OBC of $100

the stock pays dividend if you hold onto the stock for a long time

Actually the stock pays a dividend every quarter. I don't consider 90 days to be a long time. You also get onboard credit every time you sail, regardless of how long you've held the stock.

Carnival has traditionally been a good investment. The OBC is just gravy, especially if you cruise a lot. The way I look at it, I'm better off getting that $100 OBC and putting that $100 towards more investments.

It will be interesting to see where the future takes them.

Not really, it's down $10 from it's year high, also dividends are paid at certain time periods, not how long you owned the stock. I also have held CCL for many years and have double my money. Don't invest $6000 + just for OBC of $100

This ^

I have state before that buying this for the OBC is just a bad idea....but it is great for CCL as it provides an almost captive shareholder...and what other stock "dividend" (some like to compare it to that), requires you to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in order to use it? And beyond that, there are many stocks that are much better investments than CCL.