upgrade fairy. i need your opinion to suite upgrade

luckyinpa

MF mini deck 15 is my current booking to canada 5 nites

gut tells me do it cause i wont be sailing again for a few years after this one.

offer is

CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING SUITES (rates are in addition to fare already paid):

Full Suites (Cat S3-S5) size from: 440 sqft-$329 USD/$477 CAD* per person**

OP has booked the lowest priced guarantee mini suite so $66/pp/pd upsell offer to full suite is actually right on the border of should-be-considered. Is that cost "worth it" for Club Class dining plus the Suite Specialty Restaurant Breakfast every day, along with all the cabin amenities? Personally I would be thinking hard about relocating my "extras" budget to that offer. Hard but quick: remember that upsell offers disappear almost as fast as you can call to accept.

(but for the record, I do concur that the next thread with 'upgrade' in the title when actually asking about an 'upsell' should result in a flogging :halo:)

my MF with assigned room (not gty) was $647. so 1K for a room normally 2400 isnt too bad a deal and i 100% would never pay that 2400 because i can get a haven room on NCL for about that for 7 nites. so this really is once in a lifetime.i called right away and left msg. and is nervewracking waiting for return call.

plus dont you get some free booze with the room?

i thought the bfast in cabin was just one day. we are gonna get the balcony dinner in room and would have lotta space.

never had club class dining. but didnt have to wait for my dinner last time so not a biggie but may be something nice.

the PDF of suite benefits says lotus spa access as well. is that true?

edit just watched video of a similar suite. dang for that price who would tolerate a tiny balcony like that. but for this price and it being cold out i dont think is a biggie.

Edited by luckyinpa

just said Cat S3-S5) size from: 440 sqft

and only 2 forward premiums are available on the site

do they hold some back for upsells? i just wish they would call back even if to say i didnt get it.

we do spend time in our room and id love to surprise my gf with this. and there are cold weather days in canada too but looking out front of the ship would be pretty cool. it would just be a fun thing to do that we definitely would never do at full price so if they do call i probably will take it. i have been reading up on the cabins and i see you look out over the crew pool and stuff but thats ok. they wont be in it with 50 degrees lol.

plus don't you get some free booze with the room? Yes. Mini-bar setup X 1. If you're Elite, you get 2.

i thought the bfast in cabin was just one day. we are gonna get the balcony dinner in room and would have lotta space. You can order any meal for in your cabin any day. Ask your steward for the MDR menus. Breakfast in (usually) Sabatini's is also every day.

never had club class dining. but didn't have to wait for my dinner last time so not a biggie but may be something nice. Club class is an option. Some want it on every cruise, some can't be bothered. Try it and see what you think.

the PDF of suite benefits says lotus spa access as well. is that true? Yes.

See above.

i liken it to a hotel stay. what would 132 a nite more get me. from marriott to 4 season? there are so many variables but to be honest getting 2400 dollar room for 1000 seems pretty good and i am not that well off that i could book a 2400 room on any regular basis. so i can live like a king for a day lol.

another general observation. i'm assuming everyone saying not worth it must be really shaking their heads that princess gets 2400 for these cabins. heck just a few feet down the hall from my mini you can pay 500 more per nite for just a MINI. i think thats crazy. they are 1116 still today. so again its all relative.

plus all the other tiny perks may be worth it as well. just any free booze would be nice. we arent big drinkers so just need the little bottles ;)

See above.

well if that includes lotus spa access then this is a steal. unsure what princess charges but i know NCL was over 100 for 7 days.

i was unaware about any meal any day. good option! i'm still trying not to get my hopes up as its been almost 2 hours and no call. and they go home in about 2 hours i think.

i had the balcony dinner IN my mini last year. i cannot imagine how cool it would be in the suite (cold temps in canada). was enough room in the mini but would be more elegant in the suite. that dinner is just fantastic and a 200 dollar value for 100. i do have a breakdown of expenses on this site in another thread.

if it takes a day for him to get back..geez. and i'm assuming they dont call you if you fail at getting it because that would be too many calls.

i just wonder how i made santas good list this year :) this is 1st upsell out of 4 cruises ive taken.

Hate to burst the bubble but access to The Enclave on Regal Princess is not included in the suite perks (says so in the tiny footnotes on the suite benefits document). So no free thermal suite pass.

But as others have said: you get one mini bar setup for the cruise. One day of your choice with the Balcony Breakfast, other mornings Breakfast in the Specialty Restaurant (probably Sabatini's). Sea day Lunch and all Dinners in the Club Class section of the MDR.

The "thermal suite" perk is only available on some ships....

I'm not sure where the $329 changed to $132 in these posts (must have missed that). It is really up to you to decide whether this is "worth it" for 5 nights. Yes, you'll have the mini bar which you can trade for two coffee packages if desired. Cost--$72. Sabatini's breakfast and Club Class dinners plus sea day lunches--can't be purchased separately. Specialty dining embarkation night--cost $29 per person/ $58. Lots of space, a wonderful "room," and likely a once in a lifetime experience.....again, only you can determine the value of that.

The "thermal suite" perk is only available on some ships....

I'm not sure where the $329 changed to $132 in these posts (must have missed that). It is really up to you to decide whether this is "worth it" for 5 nights. Yes' date=' you'll have the mini bar which you can trade for two coffee packages if desired. Cost--$72. Sabatini's breakfast and Club Class dinners plus sea day lunches--can't be purchased separately. Specialty dining embarkation night--cost $29 per person/ $58. Lots of space, a wonderful "room," and likely a once in a lifetime experience.....again, only you can determine the value of that.[/quote']

$329 * 2 / 5 = $132 per night.

Only a five night cruise so no first night Specialty Restaurant dinner perk.

And again Regal is not included in the "thermal suite" perk.

OP has booked the lowest priced guarantee mini suite so $66/pp/pd upsell offer to full suite is actually right on the border of should-be-considered. Is that cost "worth it" for Club Class dining plus the Suite Specialty Restaurant Breakfast every day, along with all the cabin amenities? Personally I would be thinking hard about relocating my "extras" budget to that offer. Hard but quick: remember that upsell offers disappear almost as fast as you can call to accept.

(but for the record, I do concur that the next thread with 'upgrade' in the title when actually asking about an 'upsell' should result in a flogging :halo:)

For all those so concerned with “correcting” upgrade to upsell. Have you ever called the cruise line or TA and said, “I,m currently booked in a balancony and I would like to upsell to a suite?” Or do you ask for an upgrade which you will pay for? They are all upgrades. You just pay for some and not for others.

For all those so concerned with “correcting” upgrade to upsell. Have you ever called the cruise line or TA and said, “I,m currently booked in a balancony and I would like to upsell to a suite?” Or do you ask for an upgrade which you will pay for? They are all upgrades. You just pay for some and not for others.

People in general just like feeling superior to other people and correcting them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

People in general just like feeling superior to other people and correcting them.

This is not a case of correcting for correcting's sake. Pointing out that the thread title could be misleading will help those who are responding understand the actual issue at hand.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

The question of upgrade vs upsell applies only when Princess contacts the passenger not the other way around.

If they offer a complimentary move to a higher category cabin, that is an upgrade.

If the offer requires payment, that is an upsell.

When the passenger initiates the call to inquire about moving to a different cabin category it is neither of those. It is simply a request for a change in reservation, and for Princess to determine the consideration involved.

"Upgrading" or "upselling" can only be solicited by the seller from the buyer. Not vice-versa.

(I would have hoped that the emoticon in my previous post would have sufficiently indicated that it was [mostly] in jest. But calling out a pedant for doing what comes naturally to them is only gonna get you more. A lot more. :evilsmile:)

Edited by fishywood