Diamond Plus benefits

I went to Royal’s website and checked listed benefits. The drink package discount does not show. For any recent diamond plus cruisers did your welcome packet show the 30% discount for the deluxe drink package?

Oasis recently and it was 30% discount

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another factor to consider...pre-purchasing with a 30% off internet special usually comes with no tax. Purchasing on board, with a Diamond + 30% discount while still in port or inside 12 nm, u are open to being charged tax ~$3.50 a day.

Another factor to consider...pre-purchasing with a 30% off internet special usually comes with no tax. Purchasing on board, with a Diamond + 30% discount while still in port or inside 12 nm, u are open to being charged tax ~$3.50 a day.

Royal has never charged US state sales tax on beverage packages while in port.

I’ve seen the offer on Enchantment, Majesty, Oasis, Adventure, and Explorer in the past year. The offer is loaded on your sea pass so if the offer doesn’t appear on your list of benefits or a crew member selling the package says he doesn’t know about the offer, you still get the 30% off price.

We don’t always get the package, but we find we save between $60 to $70 (for 2 people) off the cruise planner price using the 30% onboard discount. Even if we we only save a few dollars each per day, it adds up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

Thanks everyone for your help.  I knew this had been the case previously but it seems the perks continue to change.  There is a bogo on the deluxe right now but 3 of us are diamond plus so will buy as soon as we board like before. Thanks again😎

Are you saying it will be cheaper onboard with your discount? I've always read that regardless of the diamond plus benefit, it's better to buy online. Plus, did you see they are raising onboard prices of beverage packages? Not sure how that will flow to the cruise planner prices. 

Edited by cot427

I think the biggest benefit of the D+ discount is if you don’t want the package for the entire trip. You can’t get a partial package online, but you can buy it onboard on day 3, for instance, for the rest of the cruise and get the discount.

mac_tlc

3 hours ago, cot427 said:

I've always read that regardless of the diamond plus benefit, it's better to buy online.  

I'm sure there are plenty of folks with exceptions to that.  It all depends on the on board price, which like the planner price, fluctuates.

3 hours ago, cot427 said:

Plus, did you see they are raising onboard prices of beverage packages? Not sure how that will flow to the cruise planner prices. 

I saw that the on board price is going up 10%. My guess is that the cruise planner prices will increase about the same. So the drink package I purchased for $42 will be $48-49 next time around.

At least I hope so✌️