Well, it was fun while it lasted.....

1 hour ago, pghsteelerfan said:

Jeff, I just went to my profile and did a search through my "posts" and found the reviews I did.  I did notice that the threads I subscribed to are no longer showing and I had subscribed to the reviews I did so I'd get notification if anyone posted so I could answer/acknowledge them.  But they are still there, hidden, but still there.  I just tried expanding your signature and your reviews are still there, but pictures in all reviews are missing.  Is that what you mean or the whole review?  I think I did see under CC's section "Report Bugs & Glitches" in one of the threads about pictures not showing up that those pictures may show up later.  Not positive though.  I do like that we no longer need a host site to post pictures, we can now post pictures from our computer files and just tried a "test" (posted a picture from our computer) and it worked.  Whether you decide to do a review of your upcoming cruise to Bermuda on Pride or not, I want to let you know I've enjoyed all of the reviews you've done and appreciate all the time you put into them.  Also, I hope you and Patty have a wonderful time, and beautiful weather, on your Pride cruise to Bermuda.  

If they get my photos back in my old reviews then it will be full speed ahead! 😀

21 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

If they get my photos back in my old reviews then it will be full speed ahead! 😀

I sure hope they do.  I'd love to see mine back too as I love going back and reliving those memories.  I also enjoy going back and rereading reviews by others (including yours) when I'm going through cruise withdrawals. 

Jeff, please don't stop doing your reviews - it looks like any pictures posted from now on will show up.  I understand the frustration of not being able to see previous pics, but they do say they are working on that issue in the background.  I was in the middle of reading a ton of reviews when this happened, and I am patiently (or not so patiently!) waiting for the pics to come back.

3 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Thank you so much!!! This is a great relief! 🙂  Does this mean that we will be able to use Tapatalk again?

3 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

No that is not related

Sorry

So if I am reading this correctly CC expect Tapatalk to continue storing previously uploaded photos even though CC will not let Tapatalk link to CC.

Amazed if that works for long

Some of the pictures are starting to show up again.  In another threat (Ports of Call section), I used Shutterfly to attach pictures and they are showing.  I used Photobucket for the pictures in the reviews I did, but those are not yet showing up and they may not since I didn't upgrade to the premium membership in which 3rd party photo hosting is included. 

Jeff, I can see the pictures you've added to your reviews again! 

18 hours ago, flossie009 said:

So if I am reading this correctly CC expect Tapatalk to continue storing previously uploaded photos even though CC will not let Tapatalk link to CC.

Amazed if that works for long

I thought Tapatalk was just an interface to read/post on CC.  It doesn't actually store pictures, does it?

3 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I thought Tapatalk was just an interface to read/post on CC.  It doesn't actually store pictures, does it?

If you uploaded pictures using the app, they’re being hosted by tapatalk. Hopefully they don’t know which website they were uploaded for and don’t pull the plug on all of our pictures since cruise critic isn’t using them anymore.

Just a warning...That 488 MB limit is for attachments, and I think you are creating an attachment when you insert a picture straight from your computer.  But if you continue to use a third party site, it does not count toward your attachment limit.  My pics were also not showing and I went to the TEST forum to try out different methods.  I use Shutterfly and usually post using 'copy image'  I did that, and it worked.  I also posted it using the url, and it also worked.  Then I posted it dragging and drop from my computer.  Only one of the three shows up as an attachment.  So if you post a lot of pictures, such as Jamman54 does with his reviews, you might want to no  post directly from your computer.  EM

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah...we have an attachment quota. Once I reach that I may be done with live reviews unless they bring back the app. What a hassle it would be to upload the picture somewhere else then come back and link it during a live review. Wish I could go back and delete the garbage test pics I've uploaded this week but it doesn't look like there is a way to do that. 

Out of the attachments I've used so far. the biggest one is 162kb. With that quota I could upload 3,000 of those. I didn't upload all of my pictures from my last cruise but...but most of them. It looks like I took about 1,000 pictures. At that rate I could run out of space in August.

I've used Shutterfly in the past for pictures and will continue to do that.  The copy and paste feature is nice for a screen print or something like that and as Saint Greg said, they are small files.  They really need to add a way for us to delete old files though.  When I look in my attachments, I can see pictures from 10 years ago that I'd be happy to delete.