Well, it was fun while it lasted.....

What I feared would happen seems to have happened. I will give it some time and hope that it will be resolved, but I am not hopeful that it be. It appears that everyone's picture reviews have been trashed and are gone forever. When I think about the time and effort that everyone put into their picture reviews it makes me very sad. :classic_sad: I'm sure that the new software will be just fine, and new picture reviews will be done in the future. We will be on the Pride to Bermuda this Sunday, and we were looking forward to bringing you another review, but not sure if we have it in our heart to do so at this point. Never say never though. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

I appreciate all the work you and Patty put into your reviews and the disappointment of the old ones disappearing. I understand if you don't do a review but I hope you do one and know that I will follow and read it like I did your other ones.

When the site came back up this morning I was so excited... That is until I started using it. Then I realized that my epic Live Review of the Magic had been decimated, and was now but words... Not only that, but with the loss of the app, my ability to do a live review is pretty much useless. Like you said, it was fun while it lasted...

I completely agree! I LOVE all of your reviews, and frequently re-read them. Maybe plan for a review, and by the time you get home, they will have the issues fixed. I hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise!

Oh, no!!! I hadn't realized people's reviews would have all their pictures deleted when carried over to the new site! :classic_sad:

Very frustrating, I'm sure, for those of you who have spent much time posting them. I, for one, have really appreciated and enjoyed reading the reviews.

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

What I feared would happen seems to have happened. I will give it some time and hope that it will be resolved, but I am not hopeful that it be. It appears that everyone's picture reviews have been trashed and are gone forever. When I think about the time and effort that everyone put into their picture reviews it makes me very sad. :classic_sad: I'm sure that the new software will be just fine, and new picture reviews will be done in the future. We will be on the Pride to Bermuda this Sunday, and we were looking forward to bringing you another review, but not sure if we have it in our heart to do so at this point. Never say never though. :classic_cool:

I was slightly worried about this as well. I’m hoping they’ll be able to fix the old links. I’d even be willing to go back and re-link my pictures but of course they have it where you can’t edit posts for some stupid reason. 

I think you should still do your review. Cruise critic will be hosting pictures now so hopefully it won’t be a problem with future upgrades.

Indeed it is, I was worried about the pictures not showing on others and my own old reviews. Now seeing them as all just words as Sid said is kinda sad. Especially after all the time put into them. Without the pictures with most of the words, none of it makes any sense. Having to post via the web page will defiantly be more challenging and not sure its worth doing them moving forward.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

I am also VERY disappointed, angry, and sad about losing HOURS and HOURS of work on reviews!  If CC had offered a paid option, I would have jumped on it, because now I have lost my photo reviews and memories of about 15 cruises!  I will have to copy all the text from my reviews and see if I can find the photos that accompanied them to put them on my computer.

The sad thing is, CC surely made money off all of us with their advertisements.  This has taught me an important lesson.  Unless those previous review pictures get restored, I will no longer post reviews here either.  I will be looking into options to start my own blog or go to the other popular cruise site. 

There is now a 488MB cap (total) for attachments.  What happens if people post reviews with pictures and run out of MB’s?   

SHAME on CC for not communicating the divorce from Tapatalk prior to the update.  They have a lot of work to do to regain trust... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

I am also VERY disappointed, angry, and sad about losing HOURS and HOURS of work on reviews!  If CC had offered a paid option, I would have jumped on it, because now I have lost my photo reviews and memories of about 15 cruises!  I will have to copy all the text from my reviews and see if I can find the photos that accompanied them to put them on my computer.

The sad thing is, CC surely made money off all of us with their advertisements.  This has taught me an important lesson.  Unless those previous review pictures get restored, I will no longer post reviews here either.  I will be looking into options to start my own blog or go to the other popular cruise site. 

There is now a 488MB cap (total) for attachments.  What happens if people post reviews with pictures and run out of MB’s?   

SHAME on CC for not communicating the divorce from Tapatalk prior to the update.  They have a lot of work to do to regain trust... 

I just checked and your photos still seem to be there. Just follow the url for the photo to see it. I imagine they will come up with a fix so they will show properly again in the posts.

Here is one of them.

9f41e603da9f91b21397c97c03f7fffc.thumb.jpg.0ef8affc0943d5f1c84e3cf5bfb3ccde.jpg

14 hours ago, kren250 said:

Oh, no!!! I hadn't realized people's reviews would have all their pictures deleted when carried over to the new site! :classic_sad:

The pictures aren't deleted but the new site doesn't know how to "read" the code from their old site so instead of seeing pictures, you just see the code.  I'm still hoping they will fix that.  It should be doable from a programming standpoint.

12 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

The posts are still being formatted from the old bb code

You should see your pictures once that is complete

Thank you for your patience

Question - once they get that fixed, will there be a way to put links to pictures from 3rd party sites, similar to the way it was before?  Right now, the only option seems to be attaching the files and there is a max size for pictures.  And does the max size mean per picture or per post or per user?

20 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Jeff, I just went to my profile and did a search through my "posts" and found the reviews I did.  I did notice that the threads I subscribed to are no longer showing and I had subscribed to the reviews I did so I'd get notification if anyone posted so I could answer/acknowledge them.  But they are still there, hidden, but still there.  I just tried expanding your signature and your reviews are still there, but pictures in all reviews are missing.  Is that what you mean or the whole review?  I think I did see under CC's section "Report Bugs & Glitches" in one of the threads about pictures not showing up that those pictures may show up later.  Not positive though.  I do like that we no longer need a host site to post pictures, we can now post pictures from our computer files and just tried a "test" (posted a picture from our computer) and it worked.  Whether you decide to do a review of your upcoming cruise to Bermuda on Pride or not, I want to let you know I've enjoyed all of the reviews you've done and appreciate all the time you put into them.  Also, I hope you and Patty have a wonderful time, and beautiful weather, on your Pride cruise to Bermuda.  

18 hours ago, drpack said:

I just checked and your photos still seem to be there. Just follow the url for the photo to see it. I imagine they will come up with a fix so they will show properly again in the posts.

Yay!!! That is the best news!  Thank you 🙂

18 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

The posts are still being formatted from the old bb code

You should see your pictures once that is complete

Thank you for your patience

Thank you so much!!! This is a great relief! 🙂  Does this mean that we will be able to use Tapatalk again?