Royal Caribbean Online Check-In With Picture?

I uploaded them for our Radiance B2B last May and had to take new ones in the terminal.   The option was not there for our cruises on the Liberty and Rhapsody.  I now see it is there for our upcoming trip on the Vision.  I will probably upload them but I do not have high hope of it making any difference.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:58 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Wow, a whole 10 seconds longer!! Gee, I don't know if I can live with that or not!!😏 Jest jokin folks.

Virginia

Well, 10 seconds x 2400 passengers divided by 60 seconds divided by 60 minutes comes out to about 6.5 hours - hope I'm on the front end of that!

1 hour ago, pengu1n said:

Well, 10 seconds x 2400 passengers divided by 60 seconds divided by 60 minutes comes out to about 6.5 hours - hope I'm on the front end of that!

Well, that must have taken quite awhile to figure out, you did the math!! Just jokin, my friend!!:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pengu1n said:

That would be assuming there is only one customer rep checking people in.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:58 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Wow, a whole 10 seconds longer!! Gee, I don't know if I can live with that or not!!😏 Jest jokin folks.

Virginia

I'd say closer to 30 seconds for some people, some agents fumble with it a bit longer.  It's not hard to imagine with a big ship it, might save all the agents a grand total of an hour or so after checking in 5000+ people.   I can imagine where port personnel might always be trying to shave a few minutes off turn around day. 

11 hours ago, pengu1n said:

The flaw here is that you are assuming they only have one check-in agent.  Oops, posted to soon.

Anyway, I have done the picture several times.  They have always taken one anyway.  The exception was the 2nd leg of our last B2B.  Even though a picture was taken for leg 1, somehow my take at home picture was used for leg 2. 

Edited by John&LaLa

• 1 month later...

This is new since we cruised in 3 months ago.  I am trying to take this picture with our iphones and they are rejected,  I get the message it requires a high res (min 960 x 960 pix).  I see many other folks use their iphone.    I really don't want to buy a camera for this. Thanks for your comments

Just now, Gil Benard said:

This is new since we cruised in 3 months ago.  I am trying to take this picture with our iphones and they are rejected,  I get the message it requires a high res (min 960 x 960 pix).  I see many other folks use their iphone.    I really don't want to buy a camera for this. Thanks for your comments

The photo is optional.  Just skip it and they will take about 5 seconds at check-in to take your photo.

11 minutes ago, Gil Benard said:

You don't need a camera - a phone camera will work just fine but you may need to adjust the default resolution the camera takes - any decent phone newer than about 5 years old will be good enough.