Royal Caribbean Online Check-In With Picture?

2 minutes ago, Jj343434jj said:

My wife and I have been on several RC cruises and never had to include a picture on the online check in. Is this something we really need to do or is filling in the rest of the check in fine?

The photo upload is not mandatory.  If you don't upload, your check-in will take a whole 10 seconds longer.

7 minutes ago, hannibal54 said:

I was on the Mariner last month and I submitted my photo. They didn't retake my picture and the lady thanked me for uploading my photo. If you can help the people behind the desks in anyway, I am for it.

Same here. I travel a ton for work and I’ve become an expert at taking bland, passport like photos. Our checkin lady said they were perfect and thanked us for saving her time. 

10 hours ago, matj2000 said:

No matter how many pictures you take & upload trying to be compliant.

They will take your picture at check-in.

So don't bother...…...

I took my picture.  They accepted it.  I took my wife's picture and they accepted it. 

No, you don't need to do it, however, if you have a smart phone, take a picture, email it to yourself, and upload it.  It's not difficult.

Thank you for information! Have never been asked to download picture at check-in. However think might be requested for Harmony check-in for March cruise. Taking two young grandchildren. Was not pleasant trying to get passport pictures so hoping we can wait until we are at the ship!

It's not that big a deal to do it or not. I don't mind doing it. Takes a few minutes out of one boring day. I can deal with that. If they want to retake again at port, who cares? A few seconds more. I just like doing cruise related stuff. And it doesn't affect anyone that I do it so I don't care what others think. 

On 10/22/2018 at 10:08 PM, matj2000 said:

No matter how many pictures you take & upload trying to be compliant.

They will take your picture at check-in.

So don't bother...…...

Not true. Past 4 RCI cruises and never had to take picture at port. May differ which port. 

On 10/23/2018 at 4:53 PM, Sixtynifty said:

Thank you for information! Have never been asked to download picture at check-in. However think might be requested for Harmony check-in for March cruise. Taking two young grandchildren. Was not pleasant trying to get passport pictures so hoping we can wait until we are at the ship!

No need to stress about this.....just have the pictures taken at checkin.....We sailed on HOTS with grandchildren and it was easy to have them taken in the terminal.

Optional.  Benefit may depend on port and ship. On our recent Anthem cruise from Port Liberty, we approached a person after the entrance.  She was equipped with nothing but a tablet.  Passports scanned there; marched onto ship.

There was the ususal bank of traditional check-in desks which you could use should you choose not to upload.  Wasn’t busy, but your results may vary.

4 hours ago, SeaDays said:

Optional.  Benefit may depend on port and ship. On our recent Anthem cruise from Port Liberty, we approached a person after the entrance.  She was equipped with nothing but a tablet.  Passports scanned there; marched onto ship.

There was the ususal bank of traditional check-in desks which you could use should you choose not to upload.  Wasn’t busy, but your results may vary.

The person with the tablet can take your picture for you too.  You do not have to go to the desks if you didn't upload your picture.