Suite eats

GranJean

We will be sailing on the Grand Princess again next year but this time in a Vista Suite (sweet).  It will be our first cruise in a suite.  Our understanding is that if we so desire, our meals in the Main Dining Room will be in the Club Class section.  So do we still specify a seating time on the traditional dining reservation or simply select anytime dining and go to the Club Class entry whenever we wish?  

Thanx,

1 minute ago, GranJean said:

We will be sailing on the Grand Princess again next year but this time in a Vista Suite (sweet).  It will be our first cruise in a suite.  Our understanding is that if we so desire, our meals in the Main Dining Room will be in the Club Class section.  So do we still specify a seating time on the traditional dining reservation or simply select anytime dining and go to the Club Class entry whenever we wish?  

Thanx,

Select anytime and it defaults to Club Class. 

You cannot do both TD and CC.

If you prefer to eat in traditional, you still can. We had a mother-daughter pair at our table even though they were in a suite. They did not realize about Club Class dining until a few days into the cruise, but by then, they enjoyed dining with us and the other couple at our table and decided to stay. They still had Sabatini's for breakfast and Club Class for lunch the few days we were in port.

1 hour ago, Eagle_and_hawk said:

The last morning, Sabatini’s and CC breakfast will be closed. Since you will be in a suite, you can hang the card out the night before and have a full breakfast delivered. We always do this and are out sitting on the balcony when we arrive back into port. 

interesting someone in another thread just told me CC is available the last day. not a biggie as i'm sure most people are in line to get off the ship and its not needed. 

and what time is it delivered that you are eating while you sail into port? i know every port is different but by the time bfast is served you are docked already in NYC. 

12 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

interesting someone in another thread just told me CC is available the last day. not a biggie as i'm sure most people are in line to get off the ship and its not needed. 

Yes,   on our last cruise,  suite passengers were allowed to have CC breakfast the last morning.   It was on the starboard side of the Island dining room.  Plenty of room for your carry on luggage.  It was not for mini suite club class people, just full suite.

13 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

and what time is it delivered that you are eating while you sail into port? i know every port is different but by the time bfast is served you are docked already in NYC. 

I could be wrong on CC being closed as thought that is what we were told on the Coral last year. I will ask later today to see what they do here on the CB. 

I believe the earliest you can select is 6:00am, and we pick the earliest as typically first off the ship. When we go back down to the room in a bit, I will check the door tag to see the options. The good thing is they are not busy with room service deliveries the last morning and always been able to get it brought in early.  

interesting, i thought room service would be slammed. nice to know we have 2 solid options that morning. 

one thing i do remember is even though we were opposite direction going out of brooklyn that traffic was killer. unsure if later is better or not

I always found that when we ordered last day breakfast from our suite, everything was luke warm.   That has always been the case with coffee.  We used it as a wake up call.  But they fill those carafes way before they start delivering them.  We have stopped doing that and just call down for coffee when we wake up.  It is much hotter.   

Both cruises that had last day cc breakfast was on the CB.

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

The suite breakfast option (Sabatinis) is closed on disembarkation morning.........for us Club Class in the DR has always been available on disembarkation morning.

On the CB last month they had disembarkation breakfast in the aft deck 6 DR (Palm) where they set up the Club Class section table settings similar to the dedicated space in the mid ship DR.

1 hour ago, compozer said:

Yes,   on our last cruise,  suite passengers were allowed to have CC breakfast the last morning.   It was on the starboard side of the Island dining room.  Plenty of room for your carry on luggage.  It was not for mini suite club class people, just full suite.

My mistake.   It was the Palm dining room.

Club Class dining was available on the last day, but on the Caribbean Princess they moved it to a different dining room because of CC being used for disembarkation.  For me, Sabatini's is the best way to start the day.  Wonderful breakfast and excellent service.  A must try.  

6 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

i love on that menu above you can get things..many things..that are 'expensive', for free..but they still nail you for water. 

did the princess at sea app ever work to order?

We have not tried it yet, however we were just looking at it a few minutes ago. 

Probably try it Saturday night and hope it’s delivered Sunday morning. 

13 hours ago, Eagle_and_hawk said:

The last morning, Sabatini’s and CC breakfast will be closed. Since you will be in a suite, you can hang the card out the night before and have a full breakfast delivered. We always do this and are out sitting on the balcony when we arrive back into port. 

Ooooh thanks - didn't know this!  Great idea.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, GranJean said:

Thanx,

Don't forget that if your cruise is 6 days or longer, that you receive a complimentary dinner in one of the speciality restaurants (including UBD) on the night of embarkation.  We have chosen UBD as we sail past the Sydney Opera House :-) 

18 minutes ago, V_icki_e said:

Don't forget that if your cruise is 6 days or longer, that you receive a complimentary dinner in one of the speciality restaurants (including UBD) on the night of embarkation.  We have chosen UBD as we sail past the Sydney Opera House :-) 

that 58 vs 100 bucks, who would choose the 58??😕