On Board Laundry

eyeeye

Yes. They do excellent---and fast!---work, too.

I leave mine on the bed when I head to dinner, and usually have it back the next afternoon. One time I had it back while I was at breakfast the next morning!

We loved it, with good planning, we did not pack as many clothes!  Rolling is the answer, you can stuff lots more in that bag by rolling everything.  I've been debating this time on a 10-day cruise, should I do $7 a day for 10 days and we are covered, or $20 a bag 2-3 times? 

7 hours ago, CM1984 said:

We loved it, with good planning, we did not pack as many clothes!  Rolling is the answer, you can stuff lots more in that bag by rolling everything.  I've been debating this time on a 10-day cruise, should I do $7 a day for 10 days and we are covered, or $20 a bag 2-3 times? 

For us having 4 of us in the cabin, It was worth it, I’m not sure if it would have been worth it for just my husband and I

5 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Is that price $7 per day per person, or $7 per day per cabin?  How large is the daily bag vs the $20 bag?

It was per cabin, you have to book it for your complete cruise. We have already precooked it for March for $49 for the week for the 4 of us all in. 

Remember, you can't send out any laundry on the day before your disembarkation date.   So on a 7 day cruise, you can only send out laundry on days 1 through 5.   Day 6, the day before you disembark, laundry is not accepted.  HAL feels that they may not get the laundry back in time for you to pack that evening.

This "last day" rule applies to any of the laundry plans.

7 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

If you are going on a 1 week cruise, the Bag option of $20 is a better deal as you will probably send out only 1 bag for 2 of you.  You can get a lot in a bag.  But for 4 people -- the price of $7 per day per cabin is the better deal.

Since we're taking our first really long HAL cruise on a ship without a launderette, (2 of us) would the $20 bag be a better option than the $7 per day?

17 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Since we're taking our first really long HAL cruise on a ship without a launderette, (2 of us) would the $20 bag be a better option than the $7 per day?

It depends on you and your itinerary and the changes of clothing required (mixed weather, etc.). Unlimited means you could send a bag out every day or even twice a day so that you have fresh clothes throughout your cruise.

the $20 bag is basically short a $1 of 3 days of unlimited service.  So, if you are only going to send out laundry every 3 days or less often, the bag should work.  We do longer cruises and prefer the unlimited.  things happen, weather changes, clothes get wet, etc.

Whichever options works out best for you is the right one 😉 

8 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

How do you prebook the  unlimited laundry service?

Just call ships services if you want to prebook it.  It's very easy to arrange on board.  There's a spot on your laundry list to select it.

In Europe, the unlimited laundry is $9 per day for the whole cabin (not per passenger), and in North America, the price is $7 per day.  I've never heard the reason for the higher price in Europe.    But I have heard that if you book unlimited laundry ahead of your European cruise, with Ship's services, you can get the $7 per day price, even for Europe.  If you wait to book when onboard, it will be $9 per day.   

Also, the "by the bag" price in Europe is $30, while it is $20 in North America.   Still don't know why ??  The water is desalinated on the ship, the soap costs the same in Europe, the labor is the same as North America, so why the price difference.   Why does it cost $2 per day, or $10 per bag more to wash my socks and underwear in European waters ?

3 minutes ago, azdrydock said:

A few questions

Is the price the price in Asia lower?

Is laundry included in the SY suites?

How do you preorder, online, via TA HAL direct?

thnks

Not sure about the Asia prices.  SY suites do not get free laundry, only Neptune/Pinnacle Suites.  You can order on board by just checking the appropriate boxes on the Laundry List:

image.png.5d9d34edf78aa6483715d1fd252c2b12.png