Fall 2020 European Deployment

chamima

2 minutes ago, sally4909 said:

It is been loaded on Celebrity' website this morning. August 10, 2020.  Amsterdam, Cork, Glasgow, Dublin,Belfast, Portland UK, Cherbourg France, Dover England, Bruges Belgium, Amsterdam. This  is the British Isle cruise. 

We just booked this. Unique itinerary!

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

Yeah, and did you see the pricing?  The least expensive balcony, 2D, is a little over $4K.  

Most of the pricing I looked at for the entire deployment is eye watering.  There were a couple that were "normal" but most...Ouch!! 

There was a major price drop on the Australian Deployment though after a day or so on the one's that didn't include perks. It was almost like they were loaded with perk prices, that may be what happens with the TAs.

I only find Reflection British Isles Veranda $3049 as least expensive listed on the Celebrity site.  It is for a 1A cabin.  Does anyone know what the price of 2B or lower balcony cabins are?  Where can I find these prices?  Or are they all booked?

I just booked up a cruise to Norway on Silhouette for May 2020. Happy enough with the price, but we just went for Oceanview this time. 

We usually go Aqua, but I figure May won't be a balcony time in Norway and I''ll use some Cruise Now OBC for speciality dining this time. 

Really am not sure why Celebrity prices are so high for 2020. A 10 night cruise on Connie is coming out at over £6,000. No flights, no tranfers, no hotel stay. Are they having a laugh ??!! We haven't paid that for Edge in August in an IV cabin !!!!!

Its like Celebrity has decided to compete with Oceania prices.

Just disappointed and going off to check incase we have made a mistake

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Really am not sure why Celebrity prices are so high for 2020. A 10 night cruise on Connie is coming out at over £6,000. No flights, no tranfers, no hotel stay. Are they having a laugh ??!! We haven't paid that for Edge in August in an IV cabin !!!!!

Its like Celebrity has decided to compete with Oceania prices.

Just disappointed and going off to check incase we have made a mistake

I  think they are waiting to see what their clientel does, now that Celebrity is marketing to younger, and those who can easily accept those prices....supply and demand will give us an indication.  Someone has to pay for all the edgification and new ships!

Edited by Lastdance

You can now book AZAMARA cheaper per night than Celebrity in many instances. I am on a Med cruise on Azamara next April which is much cheaper per night in a veranda than most of these comparable 2020 Celebrity cruises. I guess Celebrity can ask whatever they want for their new cruises but whether they will end up getting their overly inflated prices is another thing entirely.

Furthermore, I havent seen that many new itineraries for 2020. Most of the European itineraries are just the same old, same old...with a few minor changes and higher prices.

2 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

You can now book AZAMARA cheaper per night than Celebrity in many instances. I am on a Med cruise on Azamara next April which is much cheaper per night in a veranda than most of these comparable 2020 Celebrity cruises. I guess Celebrity can ask whatever they want for their new cruises but whether they will end up getting their overly inflated prices is another thing entirely.

Furthermore, I havent seen that many new itineraries for 2020. Most of the European itineraries are just the same old, same old...with a few minor changes and higher prices.

Just to put a further comparison into the mix...I was booked on your Azamara cruise in April and I just cancelled that for a land trip.  I'm paying $500 cdn more for the two of us for 15 nights in 4* & 5* Hotels  vs 7 nights on Azamara in the lowest category balcony...and by 4 & 5 Star, I mean like the W in Barcelona.  Cruising is getting out of hand compared with such amazing properties on land. 

16 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Just to put a further comparison into the mix...I was booked on your Azamara cruise in April and I just cancelled that for a land trip.  I'm paying $500 cdn more for the two of us for 15 nights in 4* & 5* Hotels  vs 7 nights on Azamara in the lowest category balcony...and by 4 & 5 Star, I mean like the W in Barcelona.  Cruising is getting out of hand compared with such amazing properties on land. 

Totally agree. I had originally booked the B2B from Lisbon to Monte Carlo but just cancelled the first leg and will be flying to Lisbon, Madrid and Barcelona (10 nights pre cruise hotels)  instead to board the 2nd leg in Barcelona. Staying at the Avenida Palace in Lisbon and comparable luxury rated hotels in Madrid .and Barcelona. Even with air between the cities, it is still cheaper for 10 nights than the Lisbon to Barcelona 7 night leg of the cruise. (Which is still cheaper than Celebrity in 2020).

With all the current Azamara specials, upgrades and onboard booking perks, I was able to snag aV2 balcony on Azamara Pursuit between Barcelona and Monte Carlo for about $3,150 for the 7 night cruise, significantly cheaper than on comparable 2020 Celebrity cruises. This is the price per CABIN not per person as I travel alone. Plus I have a total of $800 OBC from Azamara to spend on extras on that cruise. Booking a short cruise still lets me take advantage of the amazing business class airfares on Choice Air.

And of course the added perk of sailing on Azamara versus Celebrity is just icing on the cake.

15 hours ago, Celebrity Liner said:

What about the Eastbound Transatlantics? 

On 11/21/2018 at 5:21 PM, jimzgoldfinch said:

When the Silhouette’s itinerary was the announced for South America, the listings originally included a TA from Barcelona. This disappeared from later listing. I thought that it was odd that the TA was from Barcelona rather than Southampton but it is likely that there will be a TA from Barcelona.

Silhouette is scheduled to do a 16 night TA from Barcelona to Buenos Aires starting on Nov 20 2020.  Stops at the Cartegena, Canary Islands and Rio De Janeiro.

19 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I talked with an agent who wasn't much help.  No pricing, but she gave me itineraries for the following Westbound Transatlantics:

:

22 Oct 2020 (AX which is probably the new Edge Class):  Barcelona, Alicante, Malaga,  Cadiz, Lisbon, Tenerife, FLL

30 Oct 2020 -- Edge -- Rome, Florence, Province (must be Marsaille), Palma, Tenerife, FLL

16 Nov 2020 -- Infinity -- Lisbon, Cadiz, Gibralter, Adadir Morocco, Canary Island, Miami

We were very interested in the Edge Transatlantic in 2020 (we were booked for 2019, but had to cancel), so i was excited to see your post.  I just spoke to a rep at Celebrity who tells me that the 30 Oct 2020 cruise on the Edge is a private sailing for travel agents only.  No public allowed!  SO BUMMED.  This is when i "jump ship" to another cruise line i guess. 

2 hours ago, hmcrn said:

We were very interested in the Edge Transatlantic in 2020 (we were booked for 2019, but had to cancel), so i was excited to see your post.  I just spoke to a rep at Celebrity who tells me that the 30 Oct 2020 cruise on the Edge is a private sailing for travel agents only.  No public allowed!  SO BUMMED.  This is when i "jump ship" to another cruise line i guess. 

I don't think they would do a Transatlantic private sailing for travel agents only.  Let's just wait & see.

11 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I don't think they would do a Transatlantic private sailing for travel agents only.  Let's just wait & see.

I wondered about that also.

But the "loyalty" sign up days are just yesterday and today so just exactly WHEN do you think these TA sailings will be released for us to book?

1 hour ago, chamima said:

I wondered about that also.

But the "loyalty" sign up days are just yesterday and today so just exactly WHEN do you think these TA sailings will be released for us to book?

Solstice’s Transpacific was released a good week after the rest of the deployment. Keep looking. 

59 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Solstice’s Transpacific was released a good week after the rest of the deployment. Keep looking. 

Silhouette is out, leaving Barcelona on 20 Nov 2020 to Buenos Aires.  16 nights, BCN, Cartagena, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Rio, overnight in Buenos Aires. 

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

Silhouette is out, leaving Barcelona on 20 Nov 2020 to Buenos Aires.  16 nights, BCN, Cartagena, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Rio, overnight in Buenos Aires. 

I am on Eclipse now doing pretty much the same itinerary.

Every night is a Spanish night up at the Sky Lounge.There are a big Spanish speaking group on the ship.

Edited by verizon