Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

What happens if all the emails go to the travel agent?  I called Royal wondering why I wasn't getting any emails this go around and they stated they have the travel agents email address tied to the reservation and not mine.  Is there anyway to find out if I receive a RoyalUp email without calling the travel agent every day?

1 minute ago, panzafit said:

What happens if all the emails go to the travel agent?  I called Royal wondering why I wasn't getting any emails this go around and they stated they have the travel agents email address tied to the reservation and not mine.  Is there anyway to find out if I receive a RoyalUp email without calling the travel agent every day?

All of my clients have received the invitations to bid and not me.  Call your TA and have them add your e mail to the reservation like they are supposed to.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All of my clients have received the invitations to bid and not me.  Call your TA and have them add your e mail to the reservation like they are supposed to.  

Wait until next year.  I can break your winning streak😇

12 minutes ago, panzafit said:

I am a travel agent and booked my own reservation, and I don't get any emails from Royal.  My email address is the only one anywhere on the reservation, and the only time I get an email is when I make a purchase or reservation in Cruise Planner.  I would expect your travel agent would forward any emails to you.  That is what I do for all of my clients, if I receive emails directed to the guest.

1 minute ago, Grenouille21 said:

I am a travel agent and booked my own reservation, and I don't get any emails from Royal.  My email address is the only one anywhere on the reservation, and the only time I get an email is when I make a purchase or reservation in Cruise Planner.  I would expect your travel agent would forward any emails to you.  That is what I do for all of my clients, if I receive emails directed to the guest.

I don't get any either

My experience with RoyalUp…We are cruising on SOS leaving 3/9/19...

At first only my MIL's room got the RoyalUp email back in November (we only have 2 people booked in her room, its an Ocean View Balcony).  I ignored it because I was only interested in upgrading my room with 4 people in it.  We got the email again on 2/7 but for both rooms this time.  So I submitted bids for every room I could because the Ocean View Balcony is SOOOOO TINY for my husband and I and a 6 and 11 year old (TOTALLY my fault for not booking a suite to begin with).  I bid over the minimum on all the rooms.  My BIGGEST mistake was bidding full price on the cheapest rooms, I think that's why I didn't even have a shot at the suites.  One of my bids was on a 'Spacious Ocean View Balcony', I bid the full amount which was $500 PP ($1,000 total) and here is why...it has a picture of your current stateroom on the bidding website, then it has pictures next to every room you can bid on, the 'Spacious Ocean View Balcony' looked double the size of my current room so I was more than happy to bid the top amount to get more space!  TURNS OUT...the picture next to 'Spacious Ocean View Balcony' is ACTUALLY a picture of the 'Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony'!!!!  SO when I got the email that I won the bid, I looked up the room number and I won a bid for OCEAN VIEW WITH LARGE BALCONY...THE SAME SIZE ROOM AS MY CURRENT ROOM!  I immediately got on the phone with Royal Caribbean and talked to 3 different people and the whole time they kept saying it was my fault for relying on the picture.  WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF MY CURRENT ROOM IF YOU DIDN'T INTEND ON ME COMPARING IT TO THE PICTURES NEXT TO THE BIDS.  So turns out 'Spacious Ocean View Balcony' isn't even a room type on the ship.  They just rearranged the wording and put a fake picture next to it just to get bids.  In the end they refused to take any blame and kept saying it was my fault, I felt like I was in a court room, they would put me on hold and listen back to everything we had just talked about then would come back and try to spin every word I said.  So now I am stuck paying $1,000 more for a room that doesn't exist and still in the same exact size room I started with.  

THEN on top of that, now that I have ZERO trust in Royal Caribbean, I go back to start reviewing everything I have purchased through the Cruise Planner only to find that the Key I bought back on 1/1/19 (when it said no reservations are required for shows) has now changed to reservation ARE REQUIRED and all the shows are sold out.  Would have been REAL NICE to get an email saying "this perk has changed so be sure to hurry up and book a show"!  

I am BEYOND excited to be on Symphony of the Seas but this will be my FIRST AND LAST cruise with Royal Caribbean.  

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Do they really notify you 48 hours in advance is you win?  Thought I had read here or on the other thread that it could be 24 hours ahead

They state that you will know either way, whether won or lost at least 24 hours before embarkation. That way, they can get the manifest finalized in time for Homeland Security.

1 hour ago, FireEMT978 said:

They state that you will know either way, whether won or lost at least 24 hours before embarkation. That way, they can get the manifest finalized in time for Homeland Security.

I heard exactly 24 hours before my recent cruise on the Serenade that my bid was not accepted.😪.

We sail on Adventure in April, the hubs got the email (I didn't) exactly two months out. We're in a Grand Suite originally, but were offered a 2 bedroom GS ($200pp); Owners Suite ($200pp); Royal Suite ($500pp). We made a "weak" bid on the Owners Suite (but not expecting to get it). There are no suites currently showing as available.

We sail in 10 days on Vision.... I got (but the hubs or other family members did not) the email yesterday.... so 11 days out. We haven't decided if we will bid yet... we're in a JS (same as our other family)… we were offered a GS ($100pp); Owners Suite ($150pp) and Royal Suite ($250pp). There no suites currently showing as available on this sailing either.

I am assuming that because the two ships are showing no availability for any suites on either cruise.... that Royal just throws the offer out (randomly) in case someone cancels last minute...  

There doesn't seem to be any real pattern to their emails or $ amounts offered....

• Like 1