Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

45 minutes ago, molly361 said:

WOW  I think that's the first time I have heard about them letting you change cabins

Maybe since the policy is that Royal UP cabins are not supposed to be movable after assignment, many don't try. This is similar to the UK GTY policy where after assignment they are not supposed to be able to move - but you get the right CSR on the phone and they make it happen.

On 3/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, sford75 said:

Has anyone received a Royal Up offer for a May cruise?

We did, sailing at the end of May, the offer to bid came 4-5 days ago.

@candichic1 It doesn’t seem to me that is an issue of them not giving you the opportunity for the loft, on many of the cruises that we have taken the owner’s suite was as much or more than the loft suites. 

Edited by 2Beeze

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe since the policy is that Royal UP cabins are not supposed to be movable after assignment, many don't try. This is similar to the UK GTY policy where after assignment they are not supposed to be able to move - but you get the right CSR on the phone and they make it happen.

You never know unless you ask and maybe the CSR did not know better.

Just received my accepted royal upgrade for tomorrow’s sailing on Anthem of the seas. Went from inside stateroom to ocean view balcony. I bidded the minimum bid of $150 pp. Total cost $300.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCL4ME said:

Just received my accepted royal upgrade for tomorrow’s sailing on Anthem of the seas. Went from inside stateroom to ocean view balcony. I bidded the minimum bid of $150 pp. Total cost $300.

That's a great deal! I wish I had that offer. We have a promenade stateroom and it would cost $200pp to go to a balcony

2 hours ago, aly7859 said:

We will be in cabin 7338 and it is a spacious ocean view balcony.

Dont mean to burst your bubble, but that cabin is not 275 sqft. A spacious is only 15 sqft larger than a std balcony.

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Dont mean to burst your bubble, but that cabin is not 275 sqft. A spacious is only 15 sqft larger than a std balcony.

Bummer I see that now..guess you should not listen to some agents.  Oh well, but at least we have more space than 166 sq ft.

3 minutes ago, aly7859 said:

Bummer I see that now..guess you should not listen to some agents.  Oh well, but at least we have more space than 166 sq ft.

I think 275 sqft is the ultra spacious ocean balcony on Oasis class. Used to be called Family balconies

23 hours ago, aly7859 said:

We will be in cabin 7338 and it is a spacious ocean view balcony.

7338 is 188 sq ft.  All B cat Balconies are 188 and all D cat Balconies  are 162.  It is about the width of a sofa cushion difference.  JS’s are 277 sq ft.  

Carla

2 hours ago, CrusingRuthing said:

wondering if it’s possible they’ll give another royalup offer for a little less

The min and max in the offer is dynamic - we've had ours go up and down by $100 a couple of times during the bidding period.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 8:31 PM, John&LaLa said:

Bid accepted, went all in from an inside. Got a 2B on deck 9 midship.

20190319_220630.jpg

I'm not to sure I would pay that much for a royal upgrade especially for a balcony but I am going to assume you had an Interior stateroom?  

Edited by Colorado Babe

On 3/21/2019 at 5:56 PM, forgotmyCCname said:

I am almost patiently waiting- this is the same week that our last kiddo was waiting for college acceptance notification- FUN!! ( he was accepted to his #1 choice- weee!!!) We are 80 days out on Allure and there are TONS of Crown Loft and Owners available as well as the Aquatheaters. We have a nice little Grand Suite but it would be very cool to try one of the lofts. Or Aquatheater!  This is a re-try of our 25 anniversary cruise that we had to cancel last fall; rescheduled for February- had to cancel that one as well. No way I'm cancelling this one!!

We are in a GS for September.  Please post if you get any Royal Up offers.  I am hoping to try an OS but they are way out of my range at the moment.  The pricing for September is way more than we usually pay and there are still a ton of suites available.  Curious to see what the offers are for GS guests to move up.  Had a CLS once and loved it, so would bid on that also.  Congratulations on the college acceptance!!!

4 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

I'm not to sure I would pay that much for a royal upgrade especially for a balcony but I am going to assume you had an Interior stateroom?  

I was in an inside since it was just me, Laura had an aft balcony just down the hall.

Then I added my 30 year old son at no charge, so for 16 days the $900 was a no brainer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaryBCruisin said:

We are in a GS for September.  Please post if you get any Royal Up offers.  I am hoping to try an OS but they are way out of my range at the moment.  The pricing for September is way more than we usually pay and there are still a ton of suites available.  Curious to see what the offers are for GS guests to move up.  Had a CLS once and loved it, so would bid on that also.  Congratulations on the college acceptance!!!

Thank you! I will post as soon as I hear...IF I hear. The OS were ridiculous for this cruise on Allure...

13 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Thank you! I will post as soon as I hear...IF I hear. The OS were ridiculous for this cruise on Allure...

We LOVE the OS on Allure, but there is an amazing variability of prices with those to the degree than on some sailings it would be insane to pay for it. But, I much prefer the OS to the lofts or the 1 BR theater suite -  the only thing that I would like more about the loft is how close they are to the CK for breakfast or coffee, but then they are also a long way from everything else on the ship.  My fingers are crossed for you 🤞🏼

Edited by 2Beeze

I'm happy to announce that I am not longer a RoyalUp virign.  Just received my first offer for our 3 day HM sailing.

$550pp for an OS $350pp for a GS and $150 pp for a JS.  We are in an OV balcony.  Interesting thing is that I could upgrade myself to a JS today and PICK MY CABIN for $400

Not bidding.  Too much for a d day trip

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I'm happy to announce that I am not longer a RoyalUp virign.  Just received my first offer for our 3 day HM sailing.

$550pp for an OS $350pp for a GS and $150 pp for a JS.  We are in an OV balcony.  Interesting thing is that I could upgrade myself to a JS today and PICK MY CABIN for $400

Not bidding.  Too much for a d day trip

I agree.  If the $400 upgrade to a JS was for a 7-night cruise, then I'd consider it.

15 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

We LOVE the OS on Allure, but there is an amazing variability of prices with those to the degree than on some sailings it would be insane to pay for it. But, I much prefer the OS to the lofts or the 1 BR theater suite -  the only thing that I would like more about the loft is how close they are to the CK for breakfast or coffee, but then they are also a long way from everything else on the ship.  My fingers are crossed for you 🤞🏼

Thank you! It is our first time on Allure ; can't wait to see what may show up in my offer box! I see you are from Atlanta- we have two kids at Emory. I love your city!