Royal Up Offers & Winners

molly361

Royal Up Offer received  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. For those with cruises from now thru March 2019 did you receive a Royal Up offer email?

• Yes I received one
    • Yes I received more than one
    • No I have not received any

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

New RoyalUp offer received now based on us being in a JS

3 day cruise

$200 pp for a GS

$400 pp for a CL or OS

$550 pp for a 1 bedroom aqua suite

Please ignore this if you have decided your heart is set on the aqua suite one bedroom - but we found it much smaller than we had imagined and we thought that it was too high to truly be useful as theater seating. But, we love OS - the balcony is amazing and so is the suite itself. For us, not even a comparison between the OS and 1br Aqua. Have a great time! I have a video tour of the OS on Allure under 2Beeze at YouTube if you are interested.

Edited by 2Beeze

7 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Please ignore this if you have decided your heart is set on the aqua suite one bedroom - but we found it much smaller than we had imagined and we thought that it was too high to truly be useful as theater seating. But, we love OS - the balcony is amazing and so is the suite itself. For us, not even a comparison between the OS and 1br Aqua. Have a great time! I have a video tour of the OS on Allure under 2Beeze at YouTube if you are interested.

Thanks for the info-  Would not consider an Aqua Theatre suite.  Have read about noise issues with those.

1 minute ago, TravisP said:

I got an email for upgrade for a JS (I am in Boardwalk Balcony) for a minimum bid of $400 per person (we have two). This is for my 4/14/2019 HOTS cruise. I think I am going to pass.

I would also pass.  That's about double what I'd consider paying for a balcony to JS on a typical 7-night Caribbean cruise.

• Like 1

Hey all. I got the Royal Up email last Wednesday and bid on an upgrade from OV to Balcony. We sail tomorrow out of FLL and my bid STILL says “pending.” Someone in my roll call got a rejection like the day after her bid as too low, but I haven’t heard a peep yet.

Should I call? Have they overlooked my bid and are just going to leave me hanging? I’d rather an answer other than being in limbo! Thanks!

Edited by alidee12

2 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

I have a bid in for balcony on Vision of the Seas 4/15/19. Almost all of the cabin types are showing Waitlist rather than Closed, does that affect the Royal Up, to either increase or decrease how they assign?

Unknown. Royal has not publicly released details on the how the RoyalUp process works.

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

For my March Symphony sailing, I got all six bids for different categories rejected, I got 6 emails at 6 PM the day before sailing. 

UGH!!!! That is crazy!!!! What do they expect you to bid for them to accept it, your first born?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, alidee12 said:

UGH!!!! That is crazy!!!! What do they expect you to bid for them to accept it, your first born?

keep in mind they are collecting bids on rooms that might not exist.  That way if they have a last minute cancellation, they have people who will pay that bid amount to move up to that room.  That helps minimize the impact to the company's bottom line.  

• Like 1

We got the Royal Up offer or a 5 day cruise on Enchantment in May; we are in JS 

Offers start from: 

GS $100/pp

OS $150/pp

RS $250/pp

FWIW - I offered $240 for the OS - the first number in the "strong" category, $220 was "fair" ($480 total upgrade) I think this is a good deal, but I haven't read everyone else's postings on what has worked for them. 

EDIT TO ADD: Current JS offerings are about $700  more than what we paid initially on BOGO and Kids Sail Free. No other suites are listed as available online. 

Edited by murfturf

Received an email this morning actually telling me my bid to go from OV to a balcony was accepted. I had offered $125 and received a E1 balcony on deck 6 on Freedom this Sunday April 7th. I am glad to move out of that OV as it was right next to Studio B.

1 hour ago, mrb1963 said:

Received an email this morning actually telling me my bid to go from OV to a balcony was accepted. I had offered $125 and received a E1 balcony on deck 6 on Freedom this Sunday April 7th. I am glad to move out of that OV as it was right next to Studio B.

Congratulations! Good to know that you got a good room with your bid. 

Does anyone here have a sense of when most successful bids are being communicated -- eg, are most the day before, two weeks before, closer to when the bid was made?

We received our email with offers to bid at 75 days pre cruise. Trying not to think about it since it is such a long shot, but I seem to have this can't-avert-my-eyes thing with checking availability, bid amounts, etc.

56 minutes ago, zooma said:

Does anyone here have a sense of when most successful bids are being communicated -- eg, are most the day before, two weeks before, closer to when the bid was made?

We received our email with offers to bid at 75 days pre cruise. Trying not to think about it since it is such a long shot, but I seem to have this can't-avert-my-eyes thing with checking availability, bid amounts, etc.

There doesn't seem to be any 'method to their madness'.

Some folks on the Adventure 5/17 sailing got notification yesterday that their bid was accepted.  This was for a balcony and an OV.  No one who has bid on full suites has been notified yet, even though suites show as available as of yesterday.

Others on here have reported being notified the week before and the day before.  Its all over the place.

• Thanks 1

Received a bid today. In a 2 bd  grand suite on the mariner. 

Royal suite $250 pp

owner suite 150 pp

Having 2 bathrooms and an extra bedroom is more important to us plus a large balcony, so we’ll pass

Edited by Jerseygirl2624

Here's a link to see if you are eligible to bid for an upgrade.  Not sure if everyone is eligible or not.  If you have NOT received an Royalup offer and you can bid using this form please let us know

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/cruise-room-upgrade?fbclid=IwAR06ZX6ySWPOkAQfoOFmx6SJ0g9EVTCjrsHTUpWClXm_ZCXx6v-iaoVkreQ

On 4/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, molly361 said:

Got our rejection email around 6pm the night before sailing.  That seems to be the normal time frame for the rejections to be sent

Same for us.

1 hour ago, amyhphoto said:

How long before your sailing were you notified of your upgrade? 

I think they send the denial emails the night before as there will be no cabin movement and resale of that cabin.  Accepting an offer days, or maybe even earlier, allows them to move the inventory of said cabins and resell others at a further profit.

• Like 1

So the price of my cruise dropped and I managed to move from an Interior to a Balcony.

(for less than the amount I had bid to upgrade).

Royal would have been smarter to accept my offer.

Just shows it pays to check, even after final payment.

Now I have another offer to bid up ......