First time on Celebrity- what are the can’t misses?

sjb.illinois

Hi there, 

My husband and I, along with our best friends, will be on Celebrity Reflection in February. We’re experienced travelers and cruisers, but we’ve never been on Celebrity. I’ve been reading the boards and reviews, and am so very excited. But I’d love to hear from you Celebrity experts what are the don’t misses? Which specialty restaurants are worth the up-charge? We love martinis, and our husbands are scotch drinkers. Are there special tastings? Any cigar events? I gather there is not a Chef’s Table - is this correct? Special spots on Reflection?

thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, sjb.illinois said:

I gather there is not a Chef’s Table - is this correct?

If you want to attend a Chef's Table, you should ask after you board. They sometimes hold one if there are enough people interested. Talk to the  maitre d'. 

Cafe Baccio for coffee and tea drinks. Martini Bar of course, for martinis, and World Class Bar for craft cocktails. Never been on the Reflection, but Celebrity has the best bars!

I’m assuming there is a World Class Bar on this ship. My husband is a long time scotch drinker and very discerning about his scotch. He spends most of his time at the WCB when on Celebrity. 

Again, never been on the Reflection, but if there is one, the Sail Away Bar is my favorite.

We were invited to Le Petit Chef and to be honest it was the best dinner we had on our 10 night cruise, we also ate in Murano which was fine & Tuscan & the MDR, which were also ok.  We just got off the ship a week ago

Edited by If only

For dining, Murano for sure, and try the Mast Grill celebrity burger  one day for lunch.

The room service club sandwich is delicious, but then cafe el Bacio for an Aspen Coffee, ooh and a crab martini in Blu if you’re Aqua Class, but the buffet is pretty darned good too....

So many favorites!

If you want to celebrate a special event, book at Murano.  Classy and great food/service.  

Head to the Sky Lounge for a fantastic view and there  is a nice bar there as well.

At night, make sure you head to the Silent Disco.  We have really enjoyed it.

58 minutes ago, If only said:

We were invited to Le Petit Chef and to be honest it was the best dinner we had on our 10 night cruise, we also ate in Murano which was fine & Tuscan & the MDR, which were also ok.  We just got off the ship a week ago

Thank you! We were intrigued by Le Petite Chef, but wondered if it wasn’t more about the show? But I’ve heard some really good things! Murano sounds amazing!

thanks!

11 minutes ago, keesar said:

If you want to celebrate a special event, book at Murano.  Classy and great food/service.  

Head to the Sky Lounge for a fantastic view and there  is a nice bar there as well.

I am so curious about the silent disco- it just sounds so odd! But cruises are all about trying new things, right?!

15 minutes ago, keesar said:

I can’t wait to go to the Sky Lounge!

Murano, one of the best speciality restaurants on any mass market cruise line. Breakfast on your balcony, Celebrity give a great choice at no extra charge and service is a cut above most others. Another vote for Cafe el Bacio if you can get a seat as it’s very popular. Biggest tip would be stay onboard at one of the ports and enjoy everything the ship has to offer when it’s nearly empty, it’s a joy.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, justcrusn said:

For dining, Murano for sure, and try the Mast Grill celebrity burger  one day for lunch.

The room service club sandwich is delicious, but then cafe el Bacio for an Aspen Coffee, ooh and a crab martini in Blu if you’re Aqua Class, but the buffet is pretty darned good too....

So many favorites!

In Murano, they have some delicious souffles you can try, first if you like it as an appetizer there is the goat cheese soufflé, comes out warm and is very good.  For dessert they have a dark chocolate soufflé's and my favorite the Grand Mariner Souffle.

At Cafe al Bacio as others have said they have very nice drinks and the cookies  and desserts in the case are free whether you buy something or not.  Nice place for after dinner.   Many of the drinks they used to make at your table in the dining room with a fancy fire show but those days are gone. 

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, yorky said:

Murano, one of the best speciality restaurants on any mass market cruise line. Breakfast on your balcony, Celebrity give a great choice at no extra charge and service is a cut above most others. Another vote for Cafe el Bacio if you can get a seat as it’s very popular. Biggest tip would be stay onboard at one of the ports and enjoy everything the ship has to offer when it’s nearly empty, it’s a joy.

Cruise ship balcony breakfast has to be one of the best things in life. It’s a joke in our family that we have first breakfast (room service), then second breakfast (buffet or MDR). 

I’m thinking we’ll have to try Murano; are you able to see the MDR dinner menus ahead of time to help make a decision about which night to miss?