Question about CHEERS

sapphire_407

It's really all about pre-paying and not worrying about a bill at the end of the cruise.  Can't say I drink more with Cheers, but I do a lot less mental math in the final days.  Plus the added benefit that it includes soda, coffee, and bottled water.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

874 dollars for two people to consume alcohol for one week. That worries me. No thanks 

Better to pay up front than experience what a couple we met several years ago did on their first cruise on Carnival who spent over $2,000 on a 7 day cruise because they thought Cheers was too expensive.  Not sure how you can spend that much money on alcohol in a week, but they said they have gotten Cheers on every subsequent cruise. 

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

874 dollars for two people to consume alcohol for one week. That worries me. No thanks 

Worries you in what way? There are 2 reasons not to get Cheers, you don't drink very much or you can't afford it. To us it's a bargain and we have never come close to 15 drinks. A couple of Martinis and a couple of glasses of Cabernet are almost $50. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, sapphire_407 said:

Thank you.  I'll have to pass.   Probably a lot more really drunk people at the end of the night with that program, getting their money's worth. 

You do realize it includes just about every drink on the cruise. I am not a really big drinker, but I drink multiple specialty coffees, soda , and water in a day. Add in a glass or two of wine at dinner, a drink at a show, and I have definitely exceeded the price per day.  Cheers is definitely worth it for me. It may not be for everyone though. Sit down and realistically think what you will drink in a day. Whichever is cheaper, cheers or pay as you go, then do that.

• 2 weeks later...

During dinner last night, my husband and I discussed whether or not we should purchase the Cheers package, since we never have before.  Actually, we aren’t even sure it was an option back in 2012 (the last time we cruised).  My husband was QUICK to remind me that our bar tab (that included LOTS of non-alcoholic Diet Cokes, bottled waters, and Shirley Temples, along with daily cocktails or wine at dinners) over our 7 night cruise was $1,100.  Yep, that’s right.  He still remembers, because it was a shock to us.  The cost of drinks add up FAST, especially when your cabin has super easy access to a particular bar.  My husband would step out EVERY morning for his Diet Coke (or two), and swing by there before dinner for a cocktail, while he waited for all of the females in the family to finish getting ready.  Then there’s the “We are on vacation, so let’s have wine and/or an after dinner dink with every meal” behavior.

We aren’t interested in that surprise bill this time around, so we will be purchasing Cheers, soon.  We decided that we will pay for one of us toward the end of January, and the other one of us toward the end of February, so we can spread out the expense before our March cruise.  I told him I will be ordering a bottled water every time I walk past a bar (or the cafe) the first couple of days, so we have plenty for port days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

During dinner last night, my husband and I discussed whether or not we should purchase the Cheers package, since we never have before.  Actually, we aren’t even sure it was an option back in 2012 (the last time we cruised).  My husband was QUICK to remind me that our bar tab (that included LOTS of non-alcoholic Diet Cokes, bottled waters, and Shirley Temples, along with daily cocktails or wine at dinners) over our 7 night cruise was $1,100.  Yep, that’s right.  He still remembers, because it was a shock to us.  The cost of drinks add up FAST, especially when your cabin has super easy access to a particular bar.  My husband would step out EVERY morning for his Diet Coke (or two), and swing by there before dinner for a cocktail, while he waited for all of the females in the family to finish getting ready.  Then there’s the “We are on vacation, so let’s have wine and/or an after dinner dink with every meal” behavior.

We aren’t interested in that surprise bill this time around, so we will be purchasing Cheers, soon.  We decided that we will pay for one of us toward the end of January, and the other one of us toward the end of February, so we can spread out the expense before our March cruise.  I told him I will be ordering a bottled water every time I walk past a bar (or the cafe) the first couple of days, so we have plenty for port days.

I understand the idea to split payment up in two, but unless you are in separate cabins I don't think it will work. When I bought our cheers a few weeks ago it automatically added it for everyone over 21 and full payment is due then.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Mississippi Mom 

Payment needs to be made at time of purchase, if you and husband are in same cabin.

Different cabins yes you can purchase 1 then the other.

• Thanks 1