Carrying on Soda?

26 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You are allowed 12 containers of soft drinks, per stateroom (not per person), each no more than 500ml, in your carry on bag.

I have a quick question, being new to RCI. Can you bring soda in bottles or does it have to be cans? My DH drinks root beer and his brand comes in bottles. It would be great to be able to bring some aboard!

4 minutes ago, Island2Girl said:

I have a quick question, being new to RCI. Can you bring soda in bottles or does it have to be cans? My DH drinks root beer and his brand comes in bottles. It would be great to be able to bring some aboard!

Can be any kind of factory sealed container.

You may carry on up to 12 containers of any non-alcoholic beverage of 17 ounces or less.  (per cabin)

There is no requirement for more than one person in a cabin to purchase the soda package.

Watch for discounts/sales in your Cruise Planner.

4 minutes ago, flamingos said:

How about bringing more on board at a port?  I'm specifically thinking of 10+ day cruises.

Technically not allowed, but some report being able to bring soda onboard at port stops.  Worst case, they will take it until the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Technically not allowed, but some report being able to bring soda onboard at port stops.  Worst case, they will take it until the end of the cruise.

We've never had an issue bringing on a 1L or less bottle of soda at ports. First time was unintentional. We had a bottle in the bag and fully expected to throw it out at the scanners. They never even glanced at it. From then on we've brought one on for the kids dinner (as a treat mind you) at practically every stop. 

Just finished a 10 day and had no problem with this. (ABC's islands)

Just be prepared to toss it out with no hesitation should they ask.

I'd imagine anything over a small amount like above would be pushing things.

Edited by NateUpNorth
  • Like 1

Funny you should say carry on.

We were on board the Explorer of the Seas this past August.

And low and behold while eating lunch in the WJ a family came in and mom and dad were carrying a 12 pack of Pepsi.along with all their  carryons,  (2 children with them).

So I guess their carry ons were full.

Just saying

Edited by Lionesss

9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Funny you should say carry on.

We were on board the Explorer of the Seas this past August.

And low and behold while eating lunch in the WJ a family came in and mom and dad were carrying a 12 pack of Pepsi.along with all their  carryons,  (2 children with them).

So I guess their carry ons were full.

Just saying

You have to "carry it on." They don't care if you strap a 12 pack to the top of your carry-on bag or put it IN a bag. The point is that it cannot be checked with the porters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Watch for discounts/sales in your Cruise Planner.

The OP mentioned the price has gone up, which I haven't looked at lately, but if that is the case, I bet I can guess what the new sales price will be 🙂

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

The OP mentioned the price has gone up, which I haven't looked at lately, but if that is the case, I bet I can guess what the new sales price will be 🙂

It's still the only chance they have at not paying $12.99 pp/pd

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 6:57 PM, Host Clarea said:

Can be any kind of factory sealed container.

Thanks for the info, but I have a question I haven't seem asked here. Do you have to carry around the given cup in order to get soda? or can you just show your key card and they know you have the package.   That's how it's done on NCL.  This is my first time RCCL.  We are sailing 1/18 (can't wait) so if you can get back to me it would be really appreciated. 

Thank you so very much!

5 minutes ago, mummyez said:

Thanks for the info, but I have a question I haven't seem asked here. Do you have to carry around the given cup in order to get soda? or can you just show your key card and they know you have the package.   That's how it's done on NCL.  This is my first time RCCL.  We are sailing 1/18 (can't wait) so if you can get back to me it would be really appreciated. 

Thank you so very much!

You can get soda with just your SeaPass card. However you will only have a choice of around 6 flavors.  With the special cup, you can use the Freestyle machines (should your ship have them) and have over 100 choices.

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You can get soda with just your SeaPass card. However you will only have a choice of around 6 flavors.  With the special cup, you can use the Freestyle machines (should your ship have them) and have over 100 choices.

thank you so much for your speedy response!!!!   Happy and safe sailing always!