The End of Coffee Cards???

Fletch1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Where was this stated?  Certainly not on the card itself. Terms and condition which I am sure clearly stated that they could be changed at any time.

Let us see. You pay a set price for a coffee card with 15 punches on it,  What would you think the card is for? 10, 12 or maybe 5 for that peice. To make sure Princess advertises it as being able to purchase 15 specialty drinks. No time 

imit, no cruise limit.  This is whensold and on their website under beverage packages. Where was it "clearly stated" when the purchase was made on on the web site?

The current value of the two coffee cards we have that will expire today is $49.90.  These were just purchased in March 2018 on Royal.  Had I noticed there were expiration dates on them, I would have asked for my money back. I would be happy with $2 per punch, at least we would have $42.00 in obc.  

20 minutes ago, Potstech said:

You do know what assume means. I am not elite YET and yes I did buy it on a previous cruise. Try again. By the way I set whether I complain about value for money I spend.  Not someone else.

Try again I never claimed that you were Elite, you responded to a post that was a response to someone else that was and is in fact Elite. My response to your post only stated

"Sounds like you have gotten the value out your old cards since you stated that you used it up.  So I guess your complaint is now about the value of the new program.

Certainly if one is not on a long cruise where they will use all of the punches it certainly does not make sense to buy"

On 12/30/2018 at 4:38 PM, RDC1 said:

For those posting about how Princess is cheating them lets take a look at the change, the expiration of old cards) and its impact on customers.  

Princess tried to solve e-bay sales of Elite provided cards which would have been very easy. Instead they created confusion and bad will. It would have been very simple to just issue a different color or design card stamped to expire when the passenger disembarked. Leave the other system the way it was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDC1 said:

Try again I never claimed that you were Elite, you responded to a post that was a response to someone else that was and is in fact Elite. My response to your post only stated

"Sounds like you have gotten the value out your old cards since you stated that you used it up.  So I guess your complaint is now about the value of the new program.

Certainly if one is not on a long cruise where they will use all of the punches it certainly does not make sense to buy"

You stated and I quote " you are probably Elite" in Post#66.  Seems like a claim to me.

Edited by Potstech

7 minutes ago, Potstech said:

You stated and I quote " you are probably Elite" in Post#66.  Seems like a claim to me.

If you go take a good look at post 66 you will see that it was a response to a post by Floridalover5623 which unless you are posting under 2 names in not you.  So I stand by my statement that I never said that YOU were elite.  I did state that Floridalover5623 was probably elite, which in fact they are.

1 minute ago, RDC1 said:

If you go take a good look at post 66 you will see that it was a response to a post by Floridalover5623 which unless you are posting under 2 names in not you.  So I stand by my statement that I never said that YOU were elite.  I did state that Floridalover5623 was probably elite, which in fact they are.

+1

Such anger over a coffee card.

• Like 1

Does anyone know from recent experience if a brand new clean unused coffee card with no expiry date and no voyage/ship is presented on an upcoming cruise this winter, if the holder will get the free brewed coffee & tea as well as the 15 punches?  I am presuming cards purchased in the past will still be honored in this way by writing in the ship name and voyage date and be honored through August 31.  I have one such card, plus a total of unused 19 punches on two other cards, so we will not be into the fresh, unused card this winter and not sailing again prior to August 31 (and cannot count on Princess extending the date).  So, I can provide this card to another passenger on our cruise, but I would like to know if they will get the free drinks.

Thanks for any "real world" insight.

On 12/31/2018 at 2:08 AM, Doug R. said:

The wife was cleaning out her dresser drawers and found our long lost card from a cruise on the Crown Princess in 2008. It has 8 punches left and only has ship name and sailing date, no expiration date so I presume it will be good on our January Regal sailing.

2008......that will be before the current style......more a Collectors Item!!!

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Does anyone know from recent experience if a brand new clean unused coffee card with no expiry date and no voyage/ship is presented on an upcoming cruise this winter, if the holder will get the free brewed coffee & tea as well as the 15 punches?  I am presuming cards purchased in the past will still be honored in this way by writing in the ship name and voyage date and be honored through August 31.  I have one such card, plus a total of unused 19 punches on two other cards, so we will not be into the fresh, unused card this winter and not sailing again prior to August 31 (and cannot count on Princess extending the date).  So, I can provide this card to another passenger on our cruise, but I would like to know if they will get the free drinks.

As I understand it, any brewed coffee or tea now earns a punch in your card. That was the case with us on our last cruise on the Golden a few weeks ago. And our card had no expiry date or voyage/ship name on the back either. 

2 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

As I understand it, any brewed coffee or tea now earns a punch in your card. That was the case with us on our last cruise on the Golden a few weeks ago. And our card had no expiry date or voyage/ship name on the back either. 

That is correct so you might as well use the punches for specialty coffees & get your money worth as they will soon be confiscated/cancelled in Aug. 

19 hours ago, Potstech said:

You do know what assume means. I am not elite YET and yes I did buy it on a previous cruise. Try again. By the way I set whether I complain about value for money I spend.  Not someone else.

17 hours ago, RDC1 said:

It does appear as if an apology is due.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Real world insight on the last 3 recent cruises is no free brewed coffee with the old cards.

Use a punch for any coffee.

They write nothing on the cards as they use a punch and the cards are good on any cruise until Aug 31 2019.

You best get cruising or give them away.

12 hours ago, steelers36 said:

TY, Keith.  Fletch and Florida Lover.  This is a real bummer which I guess many have expressed.  Not all these cards out there were obtained for free.  Some of us bought two at once just to have a backup, never expecting rug to be taken out from underneath.  That said, I suppose we can get some money worth out.  It's just that I already have left-over punches on a used card, plus a clean card.  I guess will have to give away or try selling it for ten bucks or something.  We only have one cruise between now and end of August, and it's hardly sufficient reason to book another one.  LOL.

This is all news to me -- sorry if I am reinventing the wheel however -- I have a card from March 2018 with some punches left -- a card that I purchased -- and you're telling me I can't use it on my upcoming B2B in February --- there was no mention in March 2018 that it would expire at the end of the year. 

I've seen no mention of how are they treating the new coffee "card" system for B2B cruises -- will a "card" expire at the end of the first 7 days??  So  I would need to buy a second "card"  for the second 7 days - even if I have 'punches' remaining??

This makes no sense......

10 minutes ago, tully07 said:

This is all news to me -- sorry if I am reinventing the wheel however -- I have a card from March 2018 with some punches left -- a card that I purchased -- and you're telling me I can't use it on my upcoming B2B in February --- there was no mention in March 2018 that it would expire at the end of the year. 

I've seen no mention of how are they treating the new coffee "card" system for B2B cruises -- will a "card" expire at the end of the first 7 days??  So  I would need to buy a second "card"  for the second 7 days - even if I have 'punches' remaining??

This makes no sense......

Does your old card have an expiration date on it?

If it does it expires on that date........

If not you can use it until August 31st 2019.

I have seen posts that if you have a new coffee package added to your account then it carries over to the next cruise on a b2b.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:19 AM, steelers36 said:

A number of recent cruises lead me to tell you ... YMMV. 

I think the emotions in this topic are generated by the feeling that Princess has been unfair in revoking the cards.

We are not elite and did purchase a card with punches left on it. We will use it up next cruise, but if we could not, I would feel a little ripped off. Allowing the lead time for expiry worked for us, but probably not for everyone.

It has been mentioned in a couple posts - Princess is probably responding to people abusing the cards. Reselling the cards is taking advantage. Much like what happened with the All You Could Drink package where multiple people were drinking off the same drink package.

Blame the behaviour of your fellow passengers. Princess may have had better ways of dealing with this, but I can see why they did it.

Edited by RMMariner
typo

9 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

I think the emotions in this topic are generated by the feeling that Princess has been unfair in revoking the cards.

We are not elite and did purchase a card with punches left on it. We will use it up next cruise, but if we could not, I would feel a little ripped off. Allowing the lead time for expiry worked for us, but probably not for everyone.

It has been mentioned in a couple posts - Princess is probably responding to people abusing the cards. Reselling the cards is taking advantage. Much like what happened with the All You Could Drink package where multiple people were drinking off the same drink package.

Blame the behaviour of your fellow passengers. Princess may have had better ways of dealing with this, but I can see why they did it.

Like I said in another thread sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

I always bought the card, but I don't drink any specialty coffees/teas, just a whole lot of brewed coffee.  The last 2 cruises I was on I took cards with me (no punches on either) and was able to use them for brewed coffee (one punch each time)  It worked great.   Now, it might be cheaper for me to pay per cup.   I already buy the soda card, so I'm going to need to think about this! LOL