Diamond lounge on Vision

alphawave1

We spent a lot of time there in October on two b2b cruises. Very small (probably seats about 20)  but we (almost) always found a seat.  It gets busy at 5pm when it opens, then thins out a little when the early dinner seating guests leave. Gets busy again around 7pm when the second seating guests filter in. 

Bartender when we were there (Shivom) was excellent - refilled our drinks as soon as they were empty without us having to ask and always remembered what we were drinking.  Concierge was Carlos - always ready to do anything he could to help.

Appetizers were very good, but nothing spectacular. We were never there for the Continental Breakfast. 

There were so many D members on board for the Transatlantic they had to convert the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge to the D Lounge. It was a madhouse at times!

Edited by smc99

If crowded go out side to lounge mentioned and use three on desoasd or carry dink’s outside of door to lounge mentioned. On Vision We have spent as much  time in some enchanted evening lounge as in diamond and concierge lounges . It’s just who you are hanging out with . Why go in crowded  loud small cramped places versus a large nice lounge where your friends  are ? 

Edited by ssb

Earlier this month for our 16 day Vision cruise  I stepped in to the DL twice. The middle of the afternoon on the first day. There were people camped out already. Also the next morning went there to get a coffee but some "expert" cruiser was busy pushing every button and breaking the machine. Never went back. For the evening happy hour we visited Some Enchanted Evening Lounge which had plenty of waiters and appetizers. 

We were on Vision several years ago and there were a lot of D and above onboard so the lounge was crowded.  There was overflow out into the lounge because the DL was just too cramped and crowded the entire cruise.  Seems to be a common problem on the Vision Class.

Haven't cruised on Vision for many years (since she left San Pedro)..but will be on her this May doing the Med/Greece itinerary.

Hopefully policy will be letting you get drinks/snacks and sit out in the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge if it's crowded. We've heard recently that some ships were back to not allowing drinks to be taken out of the DL which we much prefer over the CL or SL...whatever they decide to call (classify) it by the time we sail.

Agree with everyone...the Vision DL (deck 6) is small but has nice views, excellent concierge, and fast bartenders...(CL also has nice views and same great service)...the lounge next door (Some Enchanted ?) is used for overflows.  If both the DL and the overflow lounge are full...simply walk a few more steps to the Schooner Bar and listen to some wonderful piano and comedy...the bartenders will be more than happy to serve you using your vouchers. Happy Sailing!

On 12/28/2018 at 5:22 PM, alphawave1 said:

Our group has never been on the Vision before. How is the Diamond lounge? Bar tender? Size? Appetizers?

Been lucky enough to sail on Vision five or six times in the Mediterranean a great little lounge with superb views excellent staff and like most other lounges can get fairly full for an hour or so but we never had a problem getting seats maybe we timed it right.

Haven't cruised on Vision for many years (since she left San Pedro)..but will be on her this May doing the Med/Greece itinerary.
Hopefully policy will be letting you get drinks/snacks and sit out in the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge if it's crowded. We've heard recently that some ships were back to not allowing drinks to be taken out of the DL which we much prefer over the CL or SL...whatever they decide to call (classify) it by the time we sail.
On Vision they didn't stop us from taking out drinks. But later in the cruise they began serving red wine in water glasses as all their inventory was displaced [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

On Vision they didn't stop us from taking out drinks. But later in the cruise they began serving red wine in water glasses as all their inventory was displaced emoji16.png

This seemed to be the main issue on the Rhapsody TA this month, they had 900 D, D+ and Pin that wanted to take their drinks out of the lounge...I spoke with some of the officers and they mentioned that each bar has its own inventory of glasses etc and it was quite the task to recuperate all the glassware from other venues on the ship....This was one of the reasons for not allowing drinks out of the lounge during the crossing.

22 minutes ago, robandana said:

This seemed to be the main issue on the Rhapsody TA this month, they had 900 D, D+ and Pin that wanted to take their drinks out of the lounge...I spoke with some of the officers and they mentioned that each bar has its own inventory of glasses etc and it was quite the task to recuperate all the glassware from other venues on the ship....This was one of the reasons for not allowing drinks out of the lounge during the crossing.

Sorry, but this one sounds like a lame excuse.

10 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

On Vision they didn't stop us from taking out drinks. But later in the cruise they began serving red wine in water glasses as all their inventory was displaced emoji16.png

Terrible excuse considering people take glassware all over the ship away from where the originally got it.  Silly me, I thought they washed all the glassware and then as each bar needed it, they picked up flats of clean ones from a central location. I'm pretty sure every bar doesn't have it's own dishwasher and doesn't "own" the glasses they use.  Ever since they instituted the 3 drink voucher system, we've never been told we can't take a glass out of a lounge.  The original intention was to keep people with their "free" drinks in the lounge, but with the vouchers, that didn't make sense anymore.

3 hours ago, BND said:

Terrible excuse considering people take glassware all over the ship away from where the originally got it.  Silly me, I thought they washed all the glassware and then as each bar needed it, they picked up flats of clean ones from a central location. I'm pretty sure every bar doesn't have it's own dishwasher and doesn't "own" the glasses they use.  Ever since they instituted the 3 drink voucher system, we've never been told we can't take a glass out of a lounge.  The original intention was to keep people with their "free" drinks in the lounge, but with the vouchers, that didn't make sense anymore.

Each bar does have its own dishwasher. Each bar has its own stock of glasses for the type of bar it is. The rule in the lounges has always been no food or drinks out of the lounge...only they have not really been enforcing this rule.

8 minutes ago, robandana said:

Each bar does have its own dishwasher. Each bar has its own stock of glasses for the type of bar it is. The rule in the lounges has always been no food or drinks out of the lounge...only they have not really been enforcing this rule.

I think that BND means that the Schooner Bar does not prohibit you from carrying your drink out of the Schooner Bar, for example.

20 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I think that BND means that the Schooner Bar does not prohibit you from carrying your drink out of the Schooner Bar, for example.

That's what I was really getting at.  If I can order a drink from the Schooner bar and take it to the MDR or theater, or my cabin that would impact location of glassware a lot more than those taking one drink out of the lounge.  How many of us use our vouchers to pick up a drink in a bar on the way to dinner?   Whether or not they have a dishwasher at each bar shouldn't impact anything.  It's pretty easy to move glassware around since they obviously do it all the time anyway.  How  often do you see multiple glasses sitting all over the ship?  It's not like they're labeled for their "home".

10 hours ago, BND said:

That's what I was really getting at.  If I can order a drink from the Schooner bar and take it to the MDR or theater, or my cabin that would impact location of glassware a lot more than those taking one drink out of the lounge.  How many of us use our vouchers to pick up a drink in a bar on the way to dinner?   Whether or not they have a dishwasher at each bar shouldn't impact anything.  It's pretty easy to move glassware around since they obviously do it all the time anyway.  How  often do you see multiple glasses sitting all over the ship?  It's not like they're labeled for their "home".

This is true....maybe its the volume of passengers in the lounges...I have only seen them stop people on TAs or very busy cruises...(busy in the lounges)