D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

LMaxwell

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I tried to see if there were any other ships that sailed today but the couple websites that I checked had all today’s sailings removed.  Adventure, Navigator, Freedom and Liberty sail tomorrow.  I know Liberty has switched to a SL...not sure about the others.

I don't have ESP, Ken.  I read the same information on FB that LMaxwell did.  I just read more carefully, I guess.  😄 😄 😄

FYI- Rhapsody of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas both left Tampa today at 1600(4pm)

https://*****/ships-position-brilliance-of-the-seas

Current position of Brilliance of the Seas: Under way from Tampa (FL) to George Town (Grand Cayman)

• Departure was 6 hrs 10 min ago. (at 16:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 1 d 8 hrs 50 min. (at 07:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Tampa (FL): 101.36 nm (187.72 km)
  • Remaining distance to George Town (Grand Cayman): 563.59 nm (1,043.78 km)
  • Course: 205°
  •  

Current position of Rhapsody of the Seas: Under way from Tampa (FL) to Costa Maya

• Departure was 6 hrs 13 min ago. (at 16:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 1 d 9 hrs 47 min. (at 08:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Tampa (FL): 91.77 nm (169.95 km)
  • Remaining distance to Costa Maya: 521.66 nm (966.12 km)
  • Course: 206°

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

FYI- Rhapsody of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas both left Tampa today at 1600(4pm)

Both the Rhapsody and Brilliance according to reports missed scheduled departures today. Apparently they are still in Tampa.
Looks like fog is the culprit here. Could be tomorrow at 10 am before they begin their itineraries.

32 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

On the Vision, it is on the left as you enter the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge on Deck 6. 

Vision DL is small, at least it has windows.  Better than Enchantment; that's not saying much.  I'm all in favor of windows.  LOL.  

Guess I was mistaken calling it "mid cruise", but you'd think those people would not have had key card access to the CL in that case?  I have no doubt they received welcome letters indicating CL for their usage.  What complete LIES to guests faces, an insult, to say that it became an SL three weeks ago and they just didn't have the signage and forgot to recode the cards, so they are walking up to people to "check zee documents" and then publicly humiliate them by demanding orally that they leave.  No class.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

https://*****/ships-position-brilliance-of-the-seas

Current position of Brilliance of the Seas: Under way from Tampa (FL) to George Town (Grand Cayman)

• Departure was 6 hrs 10 min ago. (at 16:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 1 d 8 hrs 50 min. (at 07:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Tampa (FL): 101.36 nm (187.72 km)
  • Remaining distance to George Town (Grand Cayman): 563.59 nm (1,043.78 km)
  • Course: 205°
  •  

Current position of Rhapsody of the Seas: Under way from Tampa (FL) to Costa Maya

• Departure was 6 hrs 13 min ago. (at 16:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 1 d 9 hrs 47 min. (at 08:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Tampa (FL): 91.77 nm (169.95 km)
  • Remaining distance to Costa Maya: 521.66 nm (966.12 km)
  • Course: 206°

The site that you are quoting does not show actual position of the ships, it shows the position of the ship if it followed the scheduled itinerary.  According to Royal Caribbean's Meteorologist Van Fleet, there is fog that is causing the ships to be delayed.  There is a possible break in the fog expected tomorrow, around 10am. 

35 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I don't have ESP, Ken.  I read the same information on FB that LMaxwell did.  I just read more carefully, I guess.  😄 😄 😄

You are a teacher, you are SUPPOSED to proofread better. 

31 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The site that you are quoting does not show actual position of the ships, it shows the position of the ship if it followed the scheduled itinerary.  According to Royal Caribbean's Meteorologist Van Fleet, there is fog that is causing the ships to be delayed.  There is a possible break in the fog expected tomorrow, around 10am. 

WINNER!!

On the Brilliance right now.  Our aft cabin faces the Rhapsody's bow.   We are D+ and we're warmly greeted in the CL this evening.  No problem.  Btw both ships are stuck in Tampa

Beautiful night but apparently fog by the bridge will not allow either ship to sail.  No idea how long before we can sail

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Vision DL is small, at least it has windows.  Better than Enchantment; that's not saying much.  I'm all in favor of windows.  LOL.  

Guess I was mistaken calling it "mid cruise", but you'd think those people would not have had key card access to the CL in that case?  I have no doubt they received welcome letters indicating CL for their usage.  What complete LIES to guests faces, an insult, to say that it became an SL three weeks ago and they just didn't have the signage and forgot to recode the cards, so they are walking up to people to "check zee documents" and then publicly humiliate them by demanding orally that they leave.  No class.  

I just asked my friend on board to tell me what the letter said:

"Access only to DL for D and D+. Drinks cannot be removed from lounge and NO shorts during happy hours. ( you have to be kidding me on that one. Formal night I can see that but other nights no way, NEVER have seen that restriction before)"

23 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

How long until the Diamond lounge becomes the Diamond plus lounge. All Diamonds will just get by with the vouchers loaded on their sea pass card. Last cruise on Symphony the D+ would still need a overflow lounge.

I believe D and D+ will be limited to 3 drinks regardless of venue they go to, so that ought to get people out of lounge sooner and avoid Royal "kicking them out" 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I just asked my friend on board to tell me what the letter said:

"Access only to DL for D and D+. Drinks cannot be removed from lounge and NO shorts during happy hours. ( you have to be kidding me on that one. Formal night I can see that but other nights no way, NEVER have seen that restriction before)"

Does this refer only to the nightly cocktail reception, or D+ can not access CL at ALL any time of day?  

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

I believe D and D+ will be limited to 3 drinks regardless of venue they go to, so that ought to get people out of lounge sooner and avoid Royal "kicking them out" 

That should open up some availability on the Royal ships.

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why do people forget this...

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Addressed in my first post, we didn't forget.  Some of us pay to go on the ships and don't work for the company.  My "job" is to maximize the benefits afforded to me and help ensure the company does not reduce them.  If they DO reduce them, some notice is nice.  The way they are treating D+ onboard is really, really low.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I know it's different.  All I'm saying is that I've seen Royal institute changes with no notice before.  It's in their corporate culture to be deceptive.

Based on the C&A Terms and Conditions, what’s deceptive regarding changes to the program. It’s clearly in writing they may change the rules at any time and without notice. 

11 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Addressed in my first post, we didn't forget.  Some of us pay to go on the ships and don't work for the company.  My "job" is to maximize the benefits afforded to me and help ensure the company does not reduce them.  If they DO reduce them, some notice is nice.  The way they are treating D+ onboard is really, really low.  

But your ignoring the last sentence, at any time without notice. The terms are there, in black and white. 

Besides, Royal needs to do something when Suite Guests are unable to find a seat in the CL or SL. Royal is hearing our complaints loud and clear. It’s the lounge hogs that are causing this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But your ignoring the last sentence, at any time without notice. The terms are there, in black and white. 

Boiler plate contract to protect the company doesn't mean cruisers don't board a ship expecting certain amenities and features that they have been told by the company they would have.  Wouldn't you be disappointed if you were told after sitting down in the theater that there won't be a show?  Wouldn't you be disappointed in a non-weather related itinerary change from say a Southern Caribbean cruise to 7 sea days and 3 hours in Nassau?  Just because some blanket statement is put out by a company to protect them legally doesn't make it smart business or the right thing to do to people.  I know you don't understand the difference. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruzin RN said:

We are sailing with  our eight yr old grandson next summer on Mariner. 

I have heard children are allowed in CL/SL, but not in DL.  Is this true?

we are diamond plus sailing in a Jr suite.  Please clarify for us!! 

Children are allowed in the DL.